Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom or Yacht

LMO429

DIS Veteran
We go to Disney frequently We our out of state pass holders that average a trip 1 to 2 times a year and will have a rental car. I have stayed at all the deluxe resorts except saratoga or okw. We have a 2 year old with us. I can stay in a regular room at the Yacht club or for the same price can stay in a non preferred 1 bedroom at saratoga springs. I am trying to decide if having the extra space and the laundry is worth it. We will be there for 10 days. We have stayed at yacht club many times and enjoy it never been to saratoga before. I also like that saratoga has splash pads yacht does not I know about the zero entry sand bottom

I'd take AoA suite (or Carib Beach/AoA regular). There's cash laundry.

Stormalong Bay is a beast, and stressful with little ones, because they can wander off. This is how I learned Airtags are "water resistant." I'd watch a few videos of SAB to wrap your head around the scale of it. And chairs can be COMPETITIVE. So, you might not even be able to get a good angle of your kid playing in the sand. That means you are trading off kid-watching and it's hard just because of how crazy big this pool is. If your kid is an escape artist, this would be really, really stressful.

AoA (or go next door to Pop) has kid friendly pools, you can get a proper suite, and you're on the skyliner, superconvenient with stroller.

I bought into DVC because my 2 year old had such a good time at the late hours at MK. If you think your kid can swing that, then any deluxe will qualify, including SSR or OKW. If your kid is going to crash, I am less concerned about that.

Edit to add: BW and AK have playgrounds, which are rare at WDW and valuable at this age.

Last edited:
In your situation I’d say try SS.

Add one more resort to your list of resorts you have tried… you don’t know if you’d like it unless you try it!

Add to that a washer/dryer in the room with a one year old and a splash pad, it sounds like the perfect time to try.
Also the separate bedroom can make sleeping/naps so much easier on everyone.

There is always the split stay option as well, but that might be kind of difficult with a baby.

I agree with glocon, the refurb is beautiful, and the laundry in room is great if your two year old is napping in the afternoon. Full kitchen can make meals/snacks much more convenient. The time you spend in the parks might be significantly different with a two year old.

Especially since you have a car, I would try SS. Having the extra space, kitchen and w/d for 10 days will be very helpful.

I would do SS with a 2 year old. I love the Yacht & Beach Club and the glorious Stormalong Bay, but I think with a two year old you wouldn't get as much chance to enjoy it.

if you have a car, there is really no real drawback to Saratoga Springs. The refurbished rooms are beautiful. For 10 days having laundry and a real kitchen is a huge bonus.

Absolutely, SSR, no question. Just having the extra space for your little one to sleep.

Yacht, every time. We were just at SSR and hated it. We love the boardwalk area. You can walk to Epcot and HS or take the boat. It's a lovely area. Drinks and food are within a short walking distance. At SSR, we had to walk a mile to just get something to drink and eat. And the bus stops are terrible. They stop at at least 4 stops within the resort before heading out. The buses were terrible in my opinion. I have stayed at every Disney resort now and will never be back to SSR. This isn't a bashing to SSR, I am just being honest. I know some love it. We were not those people. It's a very large, confusing resort for first time people. IF you have been there a few times, I am sure it's easier to navigate.

The main downside to saratoga is the transportation. Since you have a car, that's not a big problem. Yacht club is a more desirable area, but with a 2 year old, laundry and the extra space are totally worth it, especially for a long stay. I also personally like the kitchen and get sick of park food after awhile.

We stayed in a 1BR at SSR in April and loved it. The kitchen and in room laundry are so nice, not to mention the extra space!

We are YC people but the extra space, kitchen and laundry are wonderful at SSR. It will also offer a quieter place to nest after all the stimulation of the parks. Yes, it is large and sprawling but it really isn't that hard to navigate and if you have a car then the bus is a mute point.

SSR For us it was the least walking of any resort as the bus stops are close to each area as is a main Pool with food options worked. Also very close to Springs also another plus with young kids for food other than SSR. I do also enjoy the area where YC is however it is extremely lacking for CS - kid friendly food. Walking well sorry pushing a stroller up a hill to EPCOT or worse to Studios is just not my idea of easy. For Adults/teens that area offers a lot more but it is a lot of walking in addition to the parks which we personally are good with.

100% SSR for such a long trip with a two year old especially if you have car. You will really enjoy having a separate bedroom for the child to sleep while you rest and relax with lights on and watching TV and not tiptoeing around. The resort is beautiful and recently refurbished. It may not be Stormalong Bay, but the main pool and the secondary pool in The Paddock section (where we like to stay even though it's not preferred) are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter