Sat or Sun at MK?

maureenk

Earning My Ears
We're taking our 2 girls for their first trip to MK. They are 5 and 8 and love amusement parks. We are just going for one day and therefore want to make the best of the day. I'm gathering that getting there early is really key and we'll do that. We're going the first weekend in March. Do you think Sat or Sun is better? We're staying off site, so we can't take advantage of the early admission hour on Sun. Thanks for the advice!

Yes, Saturday is the most crowded BUT often the only night you'll be able to see Spectromagic!

I would suggest Sunday also. Many people arrive on Friday & pick MK for their first park and also many people leave on Sunday & tend to choose MK for their last park.

Although MK always seems the most crowded of all the parks you will probably hit less crowds on Sunday. Have fun. :)

I'd suggest Sunday...someone else mentioned this to me. If you are staying on Disney property...you can take advantage of the early entry "Extra Magic Hour" on Sunday morning!

The WDW website shows that the Spectro Magic is scheduled for 7pm (on Feb 16th...the Sunday we will be there!).

Good luck!

If you have a park hopper type pass, do Magic Hour in the morning, spend the day middle of the day at AK, MGM or Epcot, and head back to MK to see Spectromagic - trying to time your arrival for about 6:00. The park WILL be packed for Spectromagic. Catch a peice of curb along main street and wait.

The parade schedules can change based on crowd perspectives. The time that you are going Spectromagic may (if it is still running) play more nights. In the summer, the parks are opened longer than in the winter, so you may still be able to see them most nights. We were surprised last year to find out that they were running the parade every night and we were there in January!

:earsgirl:

Since you said you are staying off site then I'd say Sat. since Sunday is EE and it will already be crowed when you are allowed to go in. Just make sure you are there at the opening on Sat. and go straight to the Fantasyland section since this is the part best suited for thier ages. Most other people will go to the big rides first. Have Fun.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by bscs
Since you said you are staying off site then I'd say Sat. since Sunday is EE and it will already be crowed when you are allowed to go in.

Good point! :)

I would go on Saturday, since Sunday is Magic Mornings.

I went on Saturday of Columbus and Veteran's Day Weekends this past year and I was very surprised at how much we got done!

My suggestion is to make a priority seating at Crystal Palace for an hour before the parks opens. You will get a great breakfast, get to see the Pooh characters and be done and waiting at rope drop to Fantasyland (through the castle) before the park opens.

Arrive at the TTC by 7:15 or so. The resort monorail starts running at 7:25.You should be one of the first cars in the lot.

On vet day weekend we walked onto Splash mountain at 10am (we got FP for Thunder Mountain before getting on) and then rode Thunder mountain with no wait, right after.

We do take a break around noonish, though, so we do miss the heavy crowds (between 1 and 4). I would suggest taking a break and coming back around 4:30 (a lot of people leave after the 3pm parade). When you come back, hit the opposite side of the park.

The path from Liberty Square to Frontierland is great for watching Spectromagic .

All that said, I would never stay all day at MK -even on a weekday.

Did that many times as a child.You leave very tired and frustrated- and always hours before you said you would!

We were there on Sat. Feb. 1 and it looked pretty crowded, but we walked right onto all of the rides. The only one we had to use Fast Pass for was Peter Pan. Spectromagic was shown twice the night we were there. The crowd was not what I expected, I thought there would be long lines, but there weren't any lines. If it's not a holiday weekend, I don't think it will be too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter