Satuli

KNovacovschi

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else sad that they redid the menu and have taken off the cheeseburger pods for adults? I love those and was excited for more in April and now I won’t be able to get them

Yes, I’m sad. I always ordered the fish. It was so good over the green salad with herb dressing. The only seafood choice now is shrimp.

:crazy2: Yuck, I don’t like shrimp.

The setup to build your base and sauce remains, I guess. I just tried their pods last month and they were good/different. Kids liked them. I hope people are happy with the changes, but I thought the previous set up was popular?

Yes, I’m sad. I always ordered the fish. It was so good over the green salad with herb dressing. The only seafood choice now is shrimp.

:crazy2: Yuck, I don’t like shrimp.

I like shrimp but I’m not a fan of the bowls, I tried a bite of my DHs and just didn’t like it.

I’m going to miss the pods and the grains as a base for the bowls. What’s left for the base in bowls, lettuce? No thanks. This was my favorite QS on property but those small changes are a deal breaker. Bummer.

The setup to build your base and sauce remains, I guess. I just tried their pods last month and they were good/different. Kids liked them. I hope people are happy with the changes, but I thought the previous set up was popular?

You can still build your bowl just with different options then before. You are right that the set up was popular so I don’t get why they had to go and change anything.

7B728FA9-5B40-4E55-8370-6D978557A688.jpeg

Attachments

• 98314856-7261-453F-826A-A57375AF1371.jpeg
    98314856-7261-453F-826A-A57375AF1371.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 11
When did they make those changes? We were there last Friday and I saw people with the pods and fish!

I didn't enjoy it as much this past summer. At some point between my first and last trip they got rid of the chimichurri sauce.

the kid menu still has the pods apparently so if you really want them you can order them that way - though pricier way to get 2 if you order 2 kid meals.

That said, disney food blog reported they were still serving to adults in adult portions even after they were gone from the official menu

Last edited:
I’m going to miss the pods and the grains as a base for the bowls. What’s left for the base in bowls, lettuce? No thanks. This was my favorite QS on property but those small changes are a deal breaker. Bummer.

I also always ordered the grains!

Rice and beans, red and sweet potato hash, lo mein noodles, or lettuce. They replaced the grains with the noodles, the rest are all the same as before.

I didn't enjoy it as much this past summer. At some point between my first and last trip they got rid of the chimichurri sauce.

I think they just renamed it to charred green onion vinaigrette (was "charred onion chimichurri").

Of course we showed up on the first day of a new menu :sad2:

DH and I usually share the adult pods and believe it was $10.99? We ordered 2 kid’s pods @$7.99 each, crazy. You can also order them individually, but for $2 more you get side, small water, grapes.

I rarely eat burgers and never at WDW but am truly wondering why not just get a regular burger somewhere else? I'm not being snarky (I hate that!) just curious about why these are so popular.

Rice and beans, red and sweet potato hash, lo mein noodles, or lettuce. They replaced the grains with the noodles, the rest are all the same as before.
The hash wasn't for me. Tried it once and tossed it. Rice and beans are great if I'm at a Mexican place. I have that in taco salads. Lo Mein is all salt so that's a no go for me. Lettuce is just a salad, nothing special. I really don't like the change, as minor as it seems to some. It just means we eat elsewhere or more likely pack our own snacks for AK and eat our meals that day in our room.

Us too. I don’t want that many noodles! I don’t like black beans or sweet potatos and I don’t want a beef salad. We were quite surprised and disappointed when we went to have dinner there on Sunday and discovered the changes. We headed home and ate off property instead, for a much cheaper price. That’s about $30 they didn’t get from us.

I rarely eat burgers and never at WDW but am truly wondering why not just get a regular burger somewhere else? I'm not being snarky (I hate that!) just curious about why these are so popular.

It’s not the same as a regular burger. :) I think it tasted much better and the steamed bun is interesting.

not to be snarky in response but you could say that of ANY meal ANYONE likes. there is always going to be a similar but not the same substitute somewhere else for anything. People who like turkey legs (not my thing) can get smoked chicken at WCC... but if they want a turkey leg it's not the same as the thing they like even though it's similar.

My child will not touch a burger on a bun (he does eat them without the bun) because he does not like when juices "wet" the bread and that always happens with burgers, never has ketchup or mustard or pickles with his burgers, but he likes the "pod" (basically a chinese steamed bun with non-traditional fillings tasting like a cheeseburger). It is entirely different than a regular burger and was an interesting fusion of two different things that many people enjoyed. If it's not your thing no biggie, what is appealing in food to one person may not be to another and asking someone to explain the appeal when it's personal taste doesn't have much purpose except to express by one person that they don't care for something or "get the appeal." Someone cannot be explained into liking something they don't, it doesn't matter why someone else likes it... if you don't, you don't! But I think that many people DID enjoy this particular dish but maybe not enough for Disney to keep it on the menu as an adult meal.

Also variety at any one particular location is a good thing as most families are not homogeneous in their tastes. My child would not touch any of those bowls in any of their incarnations with a 10 foot pole but he'd eat something off the kid menu and now that he is over 10 I would have ordered him the larger portion of the buns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter