Say Please in French - A June and Sept. 2018 DLP TR *Updated 4/22

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board' started by amazingact21, Aug 22, 2018.

1. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

Aw Alicia I’ve loved reading your running adventures and as I said earlier, I’m in awe of your commitment and dedication! Congratulations again!
    Sorry you finished the trip in a bit of a downer but yup I’d give you a gold sticker for sure for ticket mistake:scared1: :rotfl: Sure it could happen to anyone and well done for handling it and the kids reactions with parenting ease :thumbsup2 I’m sure you were really proud that your little guys coped with the disappointment and that you still managed to make something special of the evening with your yummy meal:goodvibes
    I’m sure it felt a bit surreal to be back to normality when you woke the next day and were getting Landon off to school on the bus. Such is life!
    I’m looking forward to hearing how’s your future Disney races go. I’m sure this one was a bit of a learning curve and that there will be no chaffing due to outfit failures in the future :woohoo:
    Already on your other reports and enjoying all the plans :)
    Thanks for taking us on your trip and keep up the good work:worship:

2. NJlauren

NJlauren DIS Veteran

You had me cracking up!

Poor Landon, I can not imagine that went well! But happy to hear he got over it pretty quickly!

That burger does look good!

Congrats again on an amazing race!!

Just saw you posted a PTR so I’ll jump over there soon too!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

Oh man I can't even imagine that shock of not having anymore days! lol that reminds me of when my Dad bought our whole family tickets to see The Rolling Stones from stubhub and the tickets were fake. They all scanned wrong and we had to walk forever to get to guest services to get it squared away. Glad it all worked worked out for you!

5. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

Ugh that sucks! But at least it probably worked out for the best!

Eat a burger with knife and fork? That's just weird! I understand cutting it in 1/2 to make it easier to eat, but I still pick it up!

6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Forgetting how many days were on my ticket was a major Disney flub. I guess I was just so used to having the 4-day military tickets that I just assumed that's how many days I had this time around.
    I am pretty confident this next race will be different than my first, if for no other reason than I know what the heck I'm doing this time around.

Thanks so much for reading! I felt like such a dummy with the ticket mistake. At one point, Alex looked over at me and went, "Oh, you're going to love having to admit this on your trip report.":rotfl:

Every Walt Disney World trip I have taken, I have purchased the 4 day Military Hopper ticket so I guess I was just programmed to think I had four days. Very embarrassing but it'll teach me to always re-check my reservations before starting a trip.

7. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I think at one point when Landon was in the throes of his meltdown, we gently reminded him how fortunate he has been to be able to visit the parks as much as he has already. We love taking the kids on these excursions but don't want them to start expecting them.

I think calling this race a learning curve is the perfect description. I'm probably going to refer to the lessons I learned from it as such.

Thank you for reading!

The kids were definitely sad to miss the park time, but when we reminded them that this was their third trip to a Disney park in a year I think they put it into perspective and realized it wasn't the end of the world.

The ticket goof was super embarrassing! Either me or Alex made a crack that I was going to lose my Disney fan club card with a mess up like that. :rotfl2:
    And oh man!! Your poor dad. He probably went from a "I'm an awesome dad" high to a "well this is mortifying" daze. :rotfl:

Yep! Alex and I looked around and pretty much everyone was cutting up their burger. Like, I'm all for using table manners and being polite but if I'm partaking in a burger, I wanna just grab it and go. :laughing: I'll cut it in half, but that's to get a better grip!

8. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Alicia, I haven't read through the whole trip yet, but I've been reading a few updates from time to time over the past few days... and wow your kids have grown up! And this was almost a year ago. :faint:

I do love reading about your trips to DLP... I hope to get there sometime, but reading about your adventures is always fun. I haven't read about the whole running experience yet, but I did pass the point in the TR where you gave the "real time" update that you survived... so congratulations!!!!

9. vamassey1

vamassey1 DIS Veteran

I'm finally caught up just as your ending it. I really enjoyed your report but I LOVED the race updates. You're such a good writer that I felt like I was there and even teared up with you. Congrats on a great accomplishment! I look forward to seeing how much better you do at the next race.

Sorry about the ticket mess up. I think that is one of my re-occurring nightmares. I bet you never make that mistake again. We always learn better from our mistakes and it's ok to make them.

10. SarahDisney

SarahDisney So ... Yeah

That ticket thing is a bummer ... I probably would have gone to the nearest ticket counter and tried to add a day to my ticket. Your way is probably more fiscally responsible.
    I'm glad you got your burger!

11. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Thanks for hopping over here, Andy. I'll be honest, when I came back from my DIS-break a few years ago, I didn't even attempt to play catch-up. It was too daunting. So kudos to you for giving it a go!

Thank you! I'm definitely considering this race my learning curve and hope to do several things differently next time around.

Alex and I will ALWAYS look at our tickets before starting a trip from now on.

We seriously considered it. DLP offered a military ticket that was about 75 Euros (I think), but ultimately we couldn't justify spending almost 300 dollars on a few hours in the park. We wanted to...man did we, but practicality won out somehow.

12. TheOneWithTheTriplets

TheOneWithTheTriplets DIS Veteran

Ugh, that totally stinks about your last ticket day. At least the crappy weather meant you only missed a soggy park day, though.

Great report! Thanks for bringing us along on your travels.

13. TheStarscream759

TheStarscream759 Mouseketeer

What a shame you weren't couldn't get back into the Disneyland Park. But at least the marathon was behind you and again I'm so proud of you for taking part as well as overcoming your ordeal in the process. Thank you for giving me a fun trip report to read.

14. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

When we visit WDW, my husband and I either have annual passes or the 4 day military tickets so I'm always aware of how many days we have available. And every other trip we have taken to Disneyland Paris, we have booked a package and the number of tickets matches the number of days at your resort. Therefore, it never even crossed my mind we were out of tickets! Rest assured I won't be making that mistake ever again.

Thanks for reading and following along! I was disappointed I couldn't get a photo of my medal in front of the castle, but it was a good lesson to remember to read how many tickets I bought!

15. khertz

khertz Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh wow, I think someone is cutting onions in my house. :sad:

That's so incredibly cool! I love how into it the kids were!

OH. NO. !!!!!! I can only imagine that this would have gone exactly the same way with our kids!!!

Sounds like it was certainly a fun and whirlwind trip! Thank you for sharing!

16. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

BUmmer about your last park day tix not being valid but sounds like it worked out for the best. Have fun on your DW trip. Thanks for taking the time to share. I enjoy reading about Landon and Evie and love seeing their pics (watching them grow). Their so adorable.

17. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

I imagine the kids got a kick out of seeing everyone's costumes. Thanks for reading!

Thank you for reading and following along! It's fun to remember the trip and relive the Disney magic for a little each time I work on an update.

thumper* likes this.
  18. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

I"ve actually done that before. 2010 on a girl's trip- I just quickly added a day, but it was cheap cuz we were already at 8 days. Adding a 9th is no big deal, but still.... how could I be so silly!?