• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Say.. Your laying in bed..you aren't tired..and you can't fall asleep. What do you do

I think. About my day, the future, tomorrow, school, my life, WDW, old cartoons... really anything that comes to mind. I always listen to music (same music I've listened to at night since I was 7 or so) and try to relax.
I'll make up stories sometimes, daydream, that kinda stuff. It usually depends on how my day was.

I usually just close my eyes and try to clear my head. However, to be Disney about it, one of my friends watches the "Tinkerbell" movie and can now fall asleep almost instantly she has watched it so much every night. Also, i know someone who tries to imagine themselves walking through the parks and seeing all the different attractions and such, get the happy feeling. Which is probably a great set-up for some great magical dreams!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

I listen to Old Time Radio and read some very quality literature: Archie Comics :D LOL. :lmao:

i always read before i turn my light out, then if i cant sleep i either count up numbers or 5 girls names and 5 boys names for each letter of the alphabet or times tables...

always helps :-)

I normally put on the news because i find the news boring at like 11 o'clock at night and then make up stories in my head or think about what i have to do the next day like tests project ect... I normally asleep ten minutes after the news start unless there something interesting on or i stay but until the sports come on.

i just listen to my ipod in its dock or i watch a movie and turn over dont look at the tv and just listen that puts me right to sleep:)

i read, think of storys in my head, and start at 1 and see how high i can count untill i fall asleep (i can never remember the number)
I also find that having background noise helps me, i can barely sleep in silence. :confused3

If you have a dvd player or laptop, stick a classic Disney movie in and fall asleep to it. :) Something relaxing, calm and cute like Bambi. :)

If the sound and light bothers you, turn the sound down to a volume that you are comfortable with and if you have a tv click the menu button on the screen NOT dvd player and there should be a way to make the screen less bright. :)

OR put the movie in and dim the screen but mute it and listen to a soft song or a classical music radio station. Also, taking a warm bath before going to bed relaxes you and when you get out of the bath, you'll be ready for a nap.

PS. I dont know if ur a guy or girl, but if you are a girl/guy with long hair put your hair in a clippie or bun so you wont have to get your hair wet unless you want/need to wash it.

use a cool pillow :cloud9: ahhh or!!!! :cloud9: If the dryer isnt occupied, stick your pajamas in the dryer before you go to bed and let them stay in there for 5 or 6 minutes or until they get warm, then put them on. :lovestruc:cloud9:

I'm getting sleepy just thinking about all of this! :angel:

OOH! (I never run out of ideas, huh?) OR you could light a candle and fall asleep to the candlelight while reading a book. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter