Sci-fi reservations loading later?

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
Are the sci-fi reservations loading in later? Anyone out there maybe know when? Have a 10 day reservation booked, was on right at the 60 day mark at 6am and there was nothing for any time or day. There has to be a delay right? I know it’s one of the harder reservations to get but it’s impossible for there to not even be an off time lunch 60+10 days out. Appreciate any info!

Are you booking for a party of 1 or 7+? If you're 1, you have to book as 2 people. If you're 7+, you'll have to split the reservations, because the cars fit 4 and there are a few tables at the back that fit 6.
Just 2 people which makes it even crazier to me. I searched lunch, dinner, all different odd times and all days we are there. All returned nothing :(

When I tried - only 5 would work - gave me multiple time options - very weird…(this was back in March for a May ressie)…

When I tried - only 5 would work - gave me multiple time options - very weird…(this was back in March for a May ressie)…
So weird! Thanks for the tip but it just doesn’t seem to matter what party size, time or day of our trip I look there is still nothing. I have to assume they just haven’t loaded yet. I know it’s the 50th but still! Nothing for any day or time for 60+10 seems impossible especially when I was up at time of open even trying the 15 mins early some have reported (didn’t work for me btw).

My sister had a 13 night reservation last year but could only book 60 + 7.

For the back half of her trip, she had to wait and book those one day at a time.

My sister had a 13 night reservation last year but could only book 60 + 7.

For the back half of her trip, she had to wait and book those one day at a time.
I’m having no issues with booking all 10 days just see absolutely no availability at sci-fi for any day, time or party size :(

I’m having no issues with booking all 10 days just see absolutely no availability at sci-fi for any day, time or party size :(

There have been pretty consistent reports lately that Sci Fi has been one of the hardest ADRs to get. After obsessively checking general restaurant availability for the last 55 days, I saw Sci Fi all of two times on any of my park days. Same goes for Prime Time. I could have booked CRT 10 times, but people are booking up Sci Fi fast and holding on tight.

There have been pretty consistent reports lately that Sci Fi has been one of the hardest ADRs to get. After obsessively checking general restaurant availability for the last 55 days, I saw Sci Fi all of two times on any of my park days. Same goes for Prime Time. I could have booked CRT 10 times, but people are booking up Sci Fi fast and holding on tight.
Totally get that! But right at 6am and 70 days out? Not even possible lol. I know from being there in April how hard it was to find a reservation after the booking window. We ended up having to stick with the one we booked originally that was less than ideal, but 60+10 at all times and party sizes? Doesn’t at all seem possible to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but maybe

Totally get that! But right at 6am and 70 days out? Not even possible lol. I know from being there in April how hard it was to find a reservation after the booking window. We ended up having to stick with the one we booked originally that was less than ideal, but 60+10 at all times and party sizes? Doesn’t at all seem possible to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but maybe

I really don't know. I recall reading here not too long ago that someone had one time slot for Sci Fi appear at the tail end of their long stay on their 60+ ADR day. People reported just a few days ago that there had been some increased availability, but I checked and it wasn't during my upcoming trip.

So, they might not be loaded yet. Disney has done that before. Or they really might be booked solid. Best bet is to set something up on a reservation finder, especially since there have lately been some random availability drops at different restaurants. I nearly missed out on a Chef Mickey's because I was too lazy to reset my login info on TP.

I really don't know. I recall reading here not too long ago that someone had one time slot for Sci Fi appear at the tail end of their long stay on their 60+ ADR day. People reported just a few days ago that there had been some increased availability, but I checked and it wasn't during my upcoming trip.

So, they might not be loaded yet. Disney has done that before. Or they really might be booked solid. Best bet is to set something up on a reservation finder, especially since there have lately been some random availability drops at different restaurants. I nearly missed out on a Chef Mickey's because I was too lazy to reset my login info on TP.
Yup set up the reservation finders already too :) so strange though! I know it’s hard to book but I’m going to choose to stay positive and just think they weren’t released yet. I started on the back end with sci-fi first and still nothing. Still plenty of beaches and cream, BOG, all the other hard to find reservations bu absolutely zero for sci-fi.

We have an adr on Sept 15. I got that at 60+6 & there were several times available. I did not look at earlier in the trip. But as of about 10 days ago, times were loaded appropriately.

I say not loaded. :) If you are in +10, dining alerts wont alert until they hit that 60 day, so keep checking! Good luck!

Just tried calling in to make a reservation, something is definitely up with the system, it’s regularly returning only 1-5 restaurants when I’m still 60+ on the majority of our trip. Was hitting redial right at 7 so I could get through to someone, didn’t matter still a 2+ hour wait. Yup don’t have time for that…. But again how is this even possible? Calling within a couple seconds of opening and the queue is already over 2 hours? And I know it was literal seconds because I was calling every 2 seconds from 6:59 and hanging up to retry once I heard the recording. I’ve never had these kinds of issues before with ADRs before but maybe I’ve just been lucky? On top of this the app is 100% useless for booking ARDs right now. Can’t get a single 1 to actually go through on the app, everything needs to be done through the website which has been equally terrible lately. Made a couple reservations on open table but we hadn’t planned a ton of time in Disney springs so not super helpful. I’ve done hundreds if not thousands of different party sizes, times, days etc.
:badpc:
Any one else booking the last couple days having these issues or is it just me? Wondering if the CMs really are seeing the same inventory we do as their message claims on the dining phone line. If they do I assume I’m still right and no Sci-fi has come up but my results have regularly been retuning nothing passed the letter P.

Last edited:
Just tried calling in to make a reservation, something is definitely up with the system, it’s regularly returning only 1-5 restaurants when I’m still 60+ on the majority of our trip. Was hitting redial right at 7 so I could get through to someone, didn’t matter still a 2+ hour wait. Yup don’t have time for that…. But again how is this even possible? Calling within a couple seconds of opening and the queue is already over 2 hours? And I know it was literal seconds because I was calling every 2 seconds from 6:59 and hanging up to retry once I heard the recording. I’ve never had these kinds of issues before with ADRs before but maybe I’ve just been lucky? On top of this the app is 100% useless for booking ARDs right now. Can’t get a single 1 to actually go through on the app, everything needs to be done through the website which has been equally terrible lately. Made a couple reservations on open table but we hadn’t planned a ton of time in Disney springs so not super helpful. I’ve done hundreds if not thousands of different party sizes, times, days etc.
:badpc:
Any one else booking the last couple days having these issues or is it just me? Wondering if the CMs really are seeing the same inventory we do as their message claims on the dining phone line. If they do I assume I’m still right and no Sci-fi has come up but my results have regularly been retuning nothing passed the letter P.
A lot of issues. Most issues appear to be further into +10.
Errors after getting to final booking page. Some restaurants showing no availability on All restaurants search, but will show availability if searching that restaurant, OR visa versa! I have never seen it this much of a mess...

I've been out of the Disney planning loop since Jan 2020, so I had to come here and see what's going on with Dining. This morning is our first chance to book and I was only able to find one reservation we wanted the entire stay. Some days are returning only one available restaurant on all of property.
Is Sanaa really sold out?! That seems hard to believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter