Sci-Fi Theater No Reservations Available?

jeffmw

Please stand clear of the doors.
May be missing something here, but I'm 177 days out from my trip and trying to make a dinner reservation at the Sci-Fi Diner in HS (it's a family favorite and we like having a reservation to make sure we get a car table :-).)

It's telling me there are no times available at any time on any day that we're there. I can't imagine it's completely sold out. This isn't Cinderella's Table we're talking about here. Do not all restaurant reservations open up at the 180-day mark?

Keep trying. Scifi has been getting harder and harder for me to get, but I've been lucky a few times and gotten one after rechecking.

Sign up for free account on Touring Plans if you don't have one and put your request in the reservation finder - it will contact you if one pops up, and you can try to grab it. If not, you just restart it. It has worked well for many on here.

I would try touringplans.com. Their reservation finder has gotten us several reservations that I couldn't get.
They will text you with what they find. Be warned, that text goes to many people and the "found " reservation disapears quickly.

Not a mistake--it is often gone at or before 180 days. The seating is just so limited and the demand is high.

I've ben trying also for Sci Fi since 180 days out with no luck. There's 6 of us so just for the heck of it since I was finding nothing and wondering what was going on, I started to put in a search for 2 people for various times, just to see if anything would pop up and nothing, not even for 2 people at off times.
I was actually wondering if maybe, for some reason, they weren't taking reservations right now.

As others have suggested keep trying though to give you some "hope" its not unusual to see SciFi open up closer to a trip. We are more 180 minute bookers then 180 days and have gotten a last minute reservation at SciFi many, many times.

I started to put in a search for 2 people for various times, just to see if anything would pop up and nothing, not even for 2 people at off times.

This is confusing me a little as I thought the problem was that people were trying to book for larger groups, which may be difficult due to the seating here. I'm not having any problems booking for two people. I've just checked again for October and I'm able to find reservations for 2 every evening in October until the 19th.

As others have said, use touring plans, and check back the day before you want to go if Turing plans doesn’t come through. I got it at a good time last Spring Break the day before. A lot of people cancel when they hit the 24hr window to cancel.

Call the dining phone number and check. i thought the same thing (I was able to get Cinderella, Be Our Guest, Ogas, etc... but no SciFi. WTH?) Anyway, I called and they were able to get me the time i wanted by splitting it up in to 3 reservations for parties of 2 all at the same time (we are a party of 5, but thats what they had to do). Now, the ONLY reservation I cant get is Artist's Point with Snow White.

I like the CRT reference but unfortunately, yes this is something like CRT we are talking about here. It is one of the hardest ADRs to get on property. I agree with other posters...call the dining number and see if there is anything that pops up.

I also recommend checking a day or two before to see if someone cancelled.

I've ben trying also for Sci Fi since 180 days out with no luck. There's 6 of us so just for the heck of it since I was finding nothing and wondering what was going on, I started to put in a search for 2 people for various times, just to see if anything would pop up and nothing, not even for 2 people at off times.
I was actually wondering if maybe, for some reason, they weren't taking reservations right now.
I was thinking the same thing but I could find tables for two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter