Scooter Parking in a BCV Studio

Candlelady

A dream is a wish your heart makes
This will be our first time with 2 scooters in a BVC studio. Will they fit enough so we won't be tripping over them? Can we park one in the hallway where the wall curves in so it's out of the way of others? Has anyone else had two scooters parked in a studio?

This will be our first time with 2 scooters in a BVC studio. Will they fit enough so we won't be tripping over them? Can we park one in the hallway where the wall curves in so it's out of the way of others? Has anyone else had two scooters parked in a studio?

We have folks around here who have parked 2 scooters in a Pop Century room; You will have plenty of space 🙂

Thank you. Pop has more open space than BCV, which is what I'm worried about. I know one fits in front of the bench seat thingy, but I can't figure out where the second one will fit. Can't leave it in the bathroom sink area, the kitchenette, or in front of the door. Won't fit in front of the pull out or it will block the dresser. I'm at a loss here.

Edited to add: I think I'm mixing up BCV studio and SSR studio with the bench seat. Also wanted to add there will be three people in the studio so the murphy bed will be used.

Last edited:
I haven’t been in a BCV studio for several years, but do they have any furniture that can be removed? I’ve read you can ask Disney to take away a chair or table.

First off do not leave in the hallway, not only is it a fire hazard, but you run the very real risk of it getting stolen or damaged.

Looking at the floor plan, I would say one between the balcony and Murphy bed and one at the foot of the Murphy bed. You could also ask for the chairs and table to be removed if necessary. But I often find you just have to move them around a bit. In some rooms, the side of the TV by the kitchenette works as well.

Also, the layout may vary if you end up in one of the studios that could be part of a lock off and in that case, there will likely also be room near the connecting door.
1000006488.png

I haven’t been in a BCV studio for several years, but do they have any furniture that can be removed? I’ve read you can ask Disney to take away a chair or table.
Great idea! Not sure if any furniture can be moved, but will inquire when we check in.

You do need to keep your scooter/ECV in your room.
We will certainly try, but I will not endanger hubby or myself as we are both at risk for falling. I can discuss with the front desk upon arrival if necessary.
First off do not leave in the hallway, not only is it a fire hazard, but you run the very real risk of it getting stolen or damaged.

Looking at the floor plan, I would say one between the balcony and Murphy bed and one at the foot of the Murphy bed. You could also ask for the chairs and table to be removed if necessary. But I often find you just have to move them around a bit. In some rooms, the side of the TV by the kitchenette works as well.

Also, the layout may vary if you end up in one of the studios that could be part of a lock off and in that case, there will likely also be room near the connecting door.
View attachment 808411
Not sure but as I recall, there is not enough room once the murphy bed is pulled down. There will be 3 adults in the room. As far as parking next to the connecting door, there isn't enough room and it blocks the exit. We've tried with just his scooter to keep it out of the way. We always end up parking it between the TV an the kitchenette. So it seems I will have to discuss with the front desk upon arrival. Hopefully, this will be the only trip with 2 scooters.

Furniture can be moved or even removed if needed. Housekeeping can assist.

It is important to keep your equipment in your room and not in the hallway. There was a recent thread by a regular poster who experienced a delay evacuating an alarm in the night because of an ECV parked in the hallway created a logjam as people tried to get through.

The problem we had was finding a spot to park them in the room that also had an accessible plug for charging.

Please let me know where you parked 2 in the BCV studio. There will be 3 adults, 2 scooters.

Park one in front of the windows, and the other in front of the (inevitable) adjoining door for lock-off.

You should be able to make 2 scooters fit just fine in a BCV studio. If you want furniture moved/removed from the room, call Housekeeping once you are in the room. The Front Desk cannot help you with that directly, and will advise you to call Housekeeping.

Don’t be that person; park your ECV(s) in your room.

The problem we had was finding a spot to park them in the room that also had an accessible plug for charging.

Extension cord. I know - all of the manufacturers say don’t use one, but I have used a heavy duty cord for years with no damage to my personal equipment.

Monsterscooterparts.com sells extension cord kits.

We will certainly try, but I will not endanger hubby or myself as we are both at risk for falling. I can discuss with the front desk upon arrival if necessary.

Not sure but as I recall, there is not enough room once the murphy bed is pulled down. There will be 3 adults in the room. As far as parking next to the connecting door, there isn't enough room and it blocks the exit. We've tried with just his scooter to keep it out of the way. We always end up parking it between the TV an the kitchenette. So it seems I will have to discuss with the front desk upon arrival. Hopefully, this will be the only trip with 2 scooters.
remember anyone can put your/any EVC in an ability to move without a key. that is how CMs at the parks move them. that means anyone can move it or unplug it and you have to pay for damage or not finding it when you need it. and yes I have seen kids/teens playing on ECVs parked in hallway. safest place if you have to leave out of room is with bell services if they will allow you to do that

If you move the table and chairs, there is enough room to make it work at the foot of the bed, you might need to park at an odd angle, but DH and I have done it with two Maxima Scooters with similar layouts without removing any furniture. We have tried with canopies on the maximas and while doable, it is A LOT harder, so I would advise against that. As for the connecting door, you do have to be good at parallel parking and park parallel to the connecting door.

And this is with the murphy bed down because we usually find the bed in a studio room a bit too small as we are used to a king bed at home. Again, it CAN be done, but you will need to be very good at space planning, such as put clothes and such in the dresser and/or closets and put your luggage under the bed, etc.

The table and chairs should also be able to be removed if you can't figure it out. DH and I have gotten very good at making two large scooters fit in even the smallest rooms, it is even doable at All Star Sports with the second bed down and I believe they are the smallest rooms on property and we did have to tables and chairs, but did not have to have anything removed.

Extension cord. I know - all of the manufacturers say don’t use one, but I have used a heavy duty cord for years with no damage to my personal equipment.

Monsterscooterparts.com sells extension cord kits.
The reason they say not to use them is most people will use undersized extension cords, as long as you use a proper sized extension cord, you should be fine even getting them from Amazon, but the XLR extension cord kit would likely be more compact for travel purposes, didn't even think about those existing despite the fact that DH has a similar concept for an extension cord for our EV.

View attachment 808411
If you park it by the foot of the murphy bed, as in the above photo, is there a plug there to charge it overnight? I often travel solo, and tend to just park it by the kitchenette, and plug it in by where the coffee pot gets plugged in. But I've recently decided (along with DH's reminders) that that area makes it virtually impossible for me to get out if there's a fire in the middle of the night. So I've vowed to find a safer place to park the ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter