Scrapping with SWAP items

Thanks for making such great pieces, ladies!

I agree with Hope - some older swap stuff (my own included!) gets tossed, but some is still great! Nancy - I loved the Dumbo set - it was adorable!

Here's one thing I have found - no matter how well a shaker box seems to be constructed, they really don't stand the test of time. I came across so many ones in my stash that just fell apart.

Hope - those are great pages!

I'm going thru my stash because I'm missing a set of elements I want for a page...and 3 shaker boxes from the old days are ka-put! :( I'm wondering should me nix those from future element lists? Just thinkin' out loud!!

One of those shakers is probably mine. I had such a hard time keeping the Land shaker boxes together when I made them. I must have glued them 3 times. That was the last time I made one, because it gave me so much trouble. I haven't looked at mine, but I know some of the ones I have, have stayed together, but I haven't tried putting them in a book yet.

Also from the MGM swap, so that would make these TPCShauna's borders
IMG_7354.jpg
IMG_7355.jpg

Those are actually my borders. ;) I only know because I just used my set in my last album (not that I hoard or anything!!) :rotfl2:

Great pages, Hope & NEE!!! I've got a lot of my stuff packed up to work on over Fall Break (I'm like you, NEE, swap pages first b/c they go faster!). I hope to have some to post next week!!

Those are actually my borders. ;) I only know because I just used my set in my last album (not that I hoard or anything!!) :rotfl2:

Sorry, updated the credit. But I must have the swap wrong, because I didn't even see your name on the signups. The pieces are 4 years old now. It seems like such a long time ago, but not so long either.

I know the land one came apart but it was easy to fix ( I just assumed it was the extreme heat we had this year when I was trying to work with it).. the ones I had that came apart had glitter in them....and some of it was just that the foam pieces weren't closed tightley so the filling fell out!

Sorry, updated the credit. But I must have the swap wrong, because I didn't even see your name on the signups. The pieces are 4 years old now. It seems like such a long time ago, but not so long either.

It does seem like so long ago, doesn't it?? I think those were from an early MK swap, maybe? I'm not sure!! (This is what my old-age brain gets for trying to think!!)

I quite often receive things which fall apart - due to the long fights and changes in temperature I guess - I just hope mine don't fall apart too often :blush:

I finally got around to taking photos of the pages I did at SDV using swap items.

These pages are all for our Montana trip that we took this past June. I have more swap pieces pulled for this trip, but haven't made up anymore pages yet.

The topper, the photo mat with the fuzzy yarn, and the journal box are mine from the Super Sports and More swap last year.
DSC00035013.jpg

Chip & Dale were made by 123SA for the 2009 Character Swap. The title was made by Momx3boys, but I'm not sure from which swap.
DSC00034012.jpg

The title and 2 photomats were made by TinkRyansMom in this year's Super Sports and More swap
DSC00033011.jpg

The topper, photomat and journal box were made by AWM in this year's Super Sports & More Swap.
DSC00032010.jpg

The topper, photomat, and journal box were made by Momx3boys in last year's Everyday Theme Swap.
DSC00029007.jpg

The tags and the photomat were made by MichiBelle in one of the Surprise Swaps.
DSC00028006.jpg

The topper, photomat, and the squirrel & hedgehog were made by me in this year's Super Sports & More Swap.
DSC00030008.jpg

How totally cool that you had the paper to match my elements. :cloud9:

Love all the layouts.

Very nice, DIT!

Sometimes I buy paper just because someone used it for an element. Then I can add additional matching pieces, or use it for a background. Which is why I really need to use my swap stuff more. My paper stash is growing big, with things I bought to specifically match swap pieces!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter