Scribbles on the table at BWV

If you can't give your child crayons and paper and leave them to draw, I find that really sad! You can see where the term helicopter parents comes from can't you!

If it was crayon, it would have come off pretty easily with by gently scratching it with a fingernail or scrubbing hard with a damp cloth.

Permanent marker will come off with hairspray. I used it all the time in my classroom and it removes perm. marker that has been on for weeks, or even months and doesn't damage the surface.

[
And no, my own children NEVER ever once scribbled on tables or walls. I always supervised them when drawing materials were available to them. I guess not all parents are as responsible.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I am pretty sure that statement is going to get you flamed by many. Now it is my turn. I to supervised my children when the had drawing/writing supplies. It is easy to get distracted by someone at the door, a phone call, etc. It only takes a couple of seconds for a little one to run off with a crayon, paintbrush or ther implement an do some kind of damage to something. To call a parent irresponable is just wrong. Now that I have said my peace I will sit back and watch. :happytv:popcorn::

[
And no, my own children NEVER ever once scribbled on tables or walls. I always supervised them when drawing materials were available to them. I guess not all parents are as responsible.

Sorry but I am pretty sure that statement is going to get you flamed by many. Now it is my turn. I [to] supervised my children when [the] had drawing/writing supplies. It is easy to get distracted by someone at the door, a phone call, etc. It only takes a couple of seconds for a little one to run off with a crayon, paintbrush or ther implement an do some kind of damage to something. To call a parent irresponable is just wrong. Now that I have said my [peace] I will sit back and watch. :happytv:popcorn::[/QUOTE]

Okay, time for my piece. I'll try to make peace with it. While it is true that things like this happen, if you look to my post a couple up from this one, you will see what I believe the REAL issue to be in this incident. The problem is in breakdown of communication with the management, mousekeeping, and guests. I don't really think this discussion is about WHY this happened.... We all know things like this do happen. The realy issue is what SHOULD have happened after the fact.

Okay, time for my piece. I'll try to make peace with it. While it is true that things like this happen, if you look to my post a couple up from this one, you will see what I believe the REAL issue to be in this incident. The problem is in breakdown of communication with the management, mousekeeping, and guests. I don't really think this discussion is about WHY this happened.... We all know things like this do happen. The realy issue is what SHOULD have happened after the fact.

Exactly. And the resort should have had an extra table or two in storage that they could have swapped out, and then refinished the damaged piece.

Now, it is possible that the resort's extra supply had all been used up, and they were waiting for others to be refinished. If so, then that info should have been communicated to the current occupant of the room.

That is assuming the damage had even been reported by housekeeping. Either way, it should have been reported by the the current occupant as well.

The person may have reported the damage..

The table should have been removed if it couldnt be cleaned properly before the OP arrived for their stay.

It would be interesting to know what management's expectations are for mousekeeping in regard to reporting maintenance issues. Over many years we have encountered damaged furniture, bedspreads, drapes, appliances as well as missing lightbulbs, etc. It has happened at multiple resorts. There is a very poor standard in place and it is not acceptable. Someone needs to be responsible for reporting. The current system is not good enough.

It would be interesting to know what management's expectations are for mousekeeping in regard to reporting maintenance issues. Over many years we have encountered damaged furniture, bedspreads, drapes, appliances as well as missing lightbulbs, etc. It has happened at multiple resorts. There is a very poor standard in place and it is not acceptable. Someone needs to be responsible for reporting. The current system is not good enough.

I totally agree, Jean. The example I gave earlier was EXACTLY the way things like this should be handled with a subsequent guest who arrives when things aren't quite right. In our case, I marveled at what might have happened that the entire vanity needed to be replaced!!!:scared1: At least when they couldn't complete all of the work, they left me an explanation so I wouldn't be calling to complain.

I suspect there isn't really a cookie cutter blueprint for the resorts as to what SHOULD happen, but if there is one, it certainly isn't being very effectively followed. Nor is it uniform from resort to resort or incident to incident.

Children have a strange ability to find ways around even the most diligent of supervision. That some haven't done so yet in this way speaks more to random chance than parental "quality."

I agree 100%.

That picture didn't look like hangman, it looks like my son's elaborate drawings of his Lego Indiana Jones sets, except that he's a bit beyond plain stick figures...he adds a hat and a whip to Indy LOL. So I think that was a kid's drawing, personally. Sometimes DS just goes into a zone while drawing, and paper vs table isn't always something he notices immediately (and even while sitting right across from him at the table I sometimes don't notice immediately!).

Hi, I am the original poster. Just wanted to let everyone know that it was apparent to me that someone (either previous occupant/s, or Mousekeeping) had already tried to remove said doodle from the table. So, no, I did not report it to anyone, as it seemed to me to be old news.

Augh!!! You have to tell them about it...maybe it's a year old and that's why it's so faded, because guests just keep on ignoring it...

I wouldnt have been to pleased if this had been in my holiday room. We pay a lot of money to fly across from the UK to come to Disney and stay in nice accomodations - i wouldnt expect to see this time of vandalism on the furniture onm my arrival and i would be contacting mousekeeping / conncierge to have it sorted - as i wouldnt like them to think it was me or someone with me who had caused this damage.

When it comes to damaged items and maintenance issues we don't know what Disney's policy is on replacements or repairs. I am sure that they know about the table but perhaps it doesn't fit within their criteria for replacement.

We were at OKW and had a missing kitchen drawer. We reported it and a maintenance duo responded. They told me that they thought that they had seen a drawer in one of their work shops a couple of weeks ago and they would try to find it. The missing drawer didn't seem to bother them because it is just another day at the job. We never saw a replacement drawer and who knows, it may still be missing.

:earsboy: Bill

I am one to say that there is definitely a line that has to be taken when replacing expensive items, such as tables and furniture. If DVC goes in and replaces every piece of furniture that is damaged, MF's would be astronomical. We don't do it at our houses and I don't expect them to do it there. Truth be told, if they replaced it today, the same damage or worse could happen tomorrow. Most likely some piece of furniture would be replaced every day in multiple rooms...you have to way the cost issues associated with this.

As far as this specific example, I think it is very borderline of being replaced. Yes, it appears to be permanent and cleaning was not going to rectify it. It is a laminate top, so painting is not a good solution either. There was no profanity, etc so owners taking offense isn't an issue. I am sure if they received enough complaints about it, then they would probably take action to replace it.

I was wondering if someone didn't have a drawing that their child made on the table and something got spilled on the drawing, transferring the ink from the paper to the drawing. And by the time they noticed the drawing had gotten wet, it was already dry and transferred to the tabletop.

I am one to say that there is definitely a line that has to be taken when replacing expensive items, such as tables and furniture. If DVC goes in and replaces every piece of furniture that is damaged, MF's would be astronomical. We don't do it at our houses and I don't expect them to do it there. Truth be told, if they replaced it today, the same damage or worse could happen tomorrow. Most likely some piece of furniture would be replaced every day in multiple rooms...you have to way the cost issues associated with this.

As far as this specific example, I think it is very borderline of being replaced. Yes, it appears to be permanent and cleaning was not going to rectify it. It is a laminate top, so painting is not a good solution either. There was no profanity, etc so owners taking offense isn't an issue. I am sure if they received enough complaints about it, then they would probably take action to replace it.

I hope you aren't serious about this. I for one would be VERY disappointed if I was given that kind of service at what is supposed to be a deluxe resort. I wouldn't expect to see it in my home, and I certainly wouldn't expect to see it on a deluxe vacation.

I think they put some effort into that art. Maybe more than they should have. They needed to add a lesson to the art class--use paper

I hope you aren't serious about this. I for one would be VERY disappointed if I was given that kind of service at what is supposed to be a deluxe resort. I wouldn't expect to see it in my home, and I certainly wouldn't expect to see it on a deluxe vacation.

I am absolutely serious about this, as are many other people on this thread. Yes, these are deluxe resorts and maintenance is paid by the members through MF's. Do I feel we need to repaint/replace every piece of furniture that has been damaged immediately, absolutely not.

If you have absolutely no damage at your house I commend you :worship:, but you will be sorely disappointed if you come to me or any of my friends houses. We clean up what can be cleaned and will replace or fix things as we get to it.

As I said, this is a borderline case that I am sure will be decided on guest feedback, if everyone getting that villa are calling and complaining, it will move up on the priority list, if not then it probably isn't adversely affecting many guests and it can wait for its normal replacement timeline.

With that being said, I am sure people have already forwarded the pictures to MS and expressed absolute outrage, even though they haven't seen this themselves, to each their own :rolleyes1

I wouldnt have been to pleased if this had been in my holiday room. We pay a lot of money to fly across from the UK to come to Disney and stay in nice accomodations - i wouldnt expect to see this time of vandalism on the furniture onm my arrival and i would be contacting mousekeeping / conncierge to have it sorted - as i wouldnt like them to think it was me or someone with me who had caused this damage.

Couldnt agree more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter