• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question- would it be odd for me as the pack leader to scan all 5 rogue MB's, say if they are all on a keychain, and then shepherd everyone in my legit family through the FP que, or would I instead be asked by the friendly CM why each family member was not scanning the actual 5 bands they are wearing at that time?

We often wore two magic bands. I would tell everyone to scan 1 or 2 before we got up to the FP line. One on each wrist. Never received any looks. (I used a sharpie to number them.)

My family of 4 has old magic bands from a resort package stay in 2013 during the magic band "testing" phase. Our old bands are not showing up in my MDE. I definitely used MDE on that trip to schedule fast passes. It sounds like from the FAQs, I could still use these bands for SDFP. Do I need to add them to my MDE with fake names? Or do I assume they are linked to some duplicate MDE and just try to use them in the park when we get there? What would happen at the kiosk if for some reason the bands were unknowingly linked to us after all?

My family of 4 has old magic bands from a resort package stay in 2013 during the magic band "testing" phase. Our old bands are not showing up in my MDE. I definitely used MDE on that trip to schedule fast passes. It sounds like from the FAQs, I could still use these bands for SDFP. Do I need to add them to my MDE with fake names? Or do I assume they are linked to some duplicate MDE and just try to use them in the park when we get there? What would happen at the kiosk if for some reason the bands were unknowingly linked to us after all?

If they're not showing up on your MDE, then they won't be connected to whatever bands or cards you're using this year. However, the worst thing that can happen at a kiosk is that you won't be able to book SDFP when you take them to a kiosk.

If they were already linked to an MDE in the past, the system shouldn't allow you to link them now. You could try linking them to phantoms on your current MDE to see what happens - no harm can be done. In all probability, you'll receive an error message saying that the bands are already linked to profiles (on some previous MDE that you no longer use). If so, then you know you're all set for SDFP on those bands. If your current MDE allows you to add the bands to phantoms, you're still all set to use them for SDFP!

So, conceivably, a person could purchase a few extra bands from Disney Store and assign them all to phantoms on their MDE, and get FPs on all of them 60 days out with a resort reservation?

Assuming you added a real person on the reservation to each bunch of FPs, then kept deleting the real person's FPs, saving the real ones to book last, could this be done as many times as a person could keep track of?

Not trying to sound greedy, but I see no reason why you couldn't do a 3rd, 4th or 5th set of bands in the manner. Essentially, this would allow for never waiting in a stand-by queue.

So, conceivably, a person could purchase a few extra bands from Disney Store and assign them all to phantoms on their MDE, and get FPs on all of them 60 days out with a resort reservation?

Assuming you added a real person on the reservation to each bunch of FPs, then kept deleting the real person's FPs, saving the real ones to book last, could this be done as many times as a person could keep track of?

Not trying to sound greedy, but I see no reason why you couldn't do a 3rd, 4th or 5th set of bands in the manner. Essentially, this would allow for never waiting in a stand-by queue.

You can't make advance reservations without tickets linked to the extra bands.

SDFP = same day FP. You'll never eliminate waiting in queues with SDFP because they are generally the left-overs - the FP that remain after guests have booked at 60 days or 30 days or 7 days or the night before.

I'm not seeing where you're reading this would be possible in the original post? Obviously if you buy 5 sets of tickets, you could buy 5 different sets of bands and get those FPP's but I don't think most people are looking for that investment. If you're looking at the GLFP concept and reassigning the tickets and booking the FPP's, any FPP's without tickets will disappear after about 24 hours so doing them 60 days in advance for sure would mean they'd go away before anyone could use them (other than the last person they're assigned to).

I don't quite get this umbrella thing.
So let's say you have John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy on the resort reservation. On the same MDE, you have set up phantoms Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle. (There is no limit to the number of people you can add to your MDE. Though of course there is a limit to the number of people you can add to your reservation.)

Now you want one set of three FP for each foursome (representing one real foursome, of course - enjoying the luxury of six prebooked FP per day for each guest). But you can only prebook for the phantoms at 60 days out if you include at least one person from John & Co's group (since they're on the reservation).

Click to select new FP and toggle Mickey, Minnie, Buzz, and Belle -- and also John. (Without John or one of the other resort guests, Mickey & Co. can only get FP at 30 days, not 60.) So you prebook FP for that group of five people. Once that's done, go back in and cancel John's FP. The FP for Mickey and his family won't be affected. Now prebook FP for John, Susan, Timmy, and Daisy. You will end up with two sets of FP (six per person) booked in advance for those four people. It'sgood to know-- once the three FP are booked for the non-resort guest phantoms, youcan modifythose three FP without a resort guest needing to be toggled as part of the FP group.

Just one important tweak. You can book for the phantoms at 60 days out if you choose at least one profile from the resort reservation as part of the group when you book the phantom FPs. You can always go back and switch the resort person's FP to something else - the phantom FPs will remain unchanged. Search under "umbrella" on the first page of the thread for a better explanation.

You can't make advance reservations without tickets linked to the extra bands.

SDFP = same day FP. You'll never eliminate waiting in queues with SDFP because they are generally the left-overs - the FP that remain after guests have booked at 60 days or 30 days or 7 days or the night before.

I knew what SDFP stood for, but the two quotes above had me thinking you could book ahead also. It's been at least a week since I originally read this thread and conjured up the idea in my head that, if this were the case, FPP would basically be unlimited. I suppose that thought was too good to be true.

Apparently, I'm very confused. :scared:

I knew what SDFP stood for, but the two quotes above had me thinking you could book ahead also. It's been at least a week since I originally read this thread and conjured up the idea in my head that, if this were the case, FPP would basically be unlimited. I suppose that thought was too good to be true.

Apparently, I'm very confused. :scared:

The quotations you referenced there were all from the GLFP section of the first post. GLFP rules are totally different from SDFP, because SDFP have no linked tickets. GLFP have linked tickets.

It is all very confusing!

If you're using two MDE accounts, the names can be identical. Of course, since you have the same mailing address and identical set of names on both MDEs, it's possible that in a year or two, Disney will try to get the two accounts merged. There's no mechanism for that right now. But it still seems smart to change the names on the secondary account to your middle names.

However it doesn't matter now if you have the same names on both MDEs - the kiosk will not know that you already have a set of FP on the first set of bands when you tap the second set at a kiosk. Makes no difference that you haven't booked a trip on that account. All you have to do is link the new MBs to your husband's MDE and tap the bands at a kiosk to get SDFP. Have a magical trip!

I would say that "including" middle names may not change much since only the first name usually shows up at the kiosk or on the first page of your MDE. As ScrapYap said, there's no reason you "need" to change them, and the SDFP's should work fine for you. As long as you plan to keep the two MDE accounts separate and not link them and access them from say two different phones , everything should be okay. If you do plan to link though in order to be able to see all the plans through one MDE, I would change the ones on the second account to middle names (not just first AND middle names) so at a glance it's easy to see which bands go with which FPP's. Otherwise, when you go to the kiosk to make changes, all the first names from both accounts will pop up and it will show Mary has 7D from 2-3 but also has PP from 2:15-3:15, which may confuse you and a CM if they try to offer help. Again, if the two accounts aren't linked (you haven't accepted friend requests), then it'll be fine. But if so, I'd change the names to prevent confusion.

Thank you so much Marciemi, Hiro, and Scrap Yap for answering all my questions! You are all so incredibly helpful!! :disrocks:

Another quick question, we are due at Disney in 3 weeks from today.:jumping1: I was thinking of purchasing another set of magic bands for SDFP. (I was waiting for them to go on sale at the Disney Store Online, but seeing how they were excluded from the online sale last week and also that I need them before August 9th, I need to get them soon.)

1. If I buy magic bands from Disney Store online, they will not be linked to any account, correct? I can link them myself on my home computer once I get them, right?

2. Once I go to the kiosk and get the SDFP, can I see them or adjust them on the MDE app that is on my phone?

Thanks again for all of your feedback,
Marina

1. If I buy magic bands from Disney Store online, they will not be linked to any account, correct? I can link them myself on my home computer once I get them, right?

2. Once I go to the kiosk and get the SDFP, can I see them or adjust them on the MDE app that is on my phone?
1. Yes, correct. You just would then need to type in the number on the back of the MB to assign it to the person/phantom you want to.

2. Unfortunately, not any more. Before the changes in April, you used to be able to do this via a web browser on your phone, but not the app. After the changes, you could make these changes on both. But around mid-May they changed it again. You now will be able to SEE the SDFP's, but not make changes to them. It will let you go through all the steps to see availability and modify, but the last screen will return an error message. This can be helpful though to at least check availability, although not for something like 7D or Soarin' popping up because by the time you got to the kiosk to change it would almost certainly be gone. But if you look and see that HM is available at 2:30, 2:35, 2:40, etc., you can probably safely assume you'll get it somewhere in there if you do go to a kiosk.

"But if they have the circled Mickey head on the back or if they are the new ugly greenish cards with the photos on the front and the emitting card icon on the back, they will work at the kiosks for SDFP"

This is from the first page -- can anyone post a photo of this card or a link to a photo? Or maybe check this link? Is this the right card for SDFP? Thank you

https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...XnY5zM:;mGMr499R2v-3LM:&imgrc=DAkZjHM9XnY5zM:

"But if they have the circled Mickey head on the back or if they are the new ugly greenish cards with the photos on the front and the emitting card icon on the back, they will work at the kiosks for SDFP"

This is from the first page -- can anyone post a photo of this card or a link to a photo? Or maybe check this link? Is this the right card for SDFP? Thank you

https://www.google.com/search?q=image+current+disney+world+ticket+look+like&biw=1920&bih=947&tbm=isch&imgil=DAkZjHM9XnY5zM%3A%3BYNBehtNm-hsWKM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.disneytouristblog.com%252Fdiscount-disney-tickets%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=DAkZjHM9XnY5zM%3A%2CYNBehtNm-hsWKM%2C_&usg=__EwVXHtm74c8jDue-p5fQYxy7cEA=&ved=0ahUKEwjEieSqt4DOAhWGFh4KHS5LCLoQyjcIJw&ei=VJaOV8SPF4ateK6WodAL#imgdii=DAkZjHM9XnY5zM:;DAkZjHM9XnY5zM:;mGMr499R2v-3LM:&imgrc=DAkZjHM9XnY5zM:
Yes! ::MickeyMo Perfect example as the pictured card has the Mickey head at the bottom. As long as you see the Mickey head, the emitting symbol, or FP+ somewhere on the card, you are good as it's RFID enabled.

I have one unused one day ticket with park hopper (that way I can use in any park). I also have magic bands for about 10 extra family members that rarely go with the two of us. We always stay onsite. I book FP for the two of us and the extra person that has the ticket (under the umbrella) first at 60 days out since those are my must do in case the system changes and the others become useless. I then change the extra person (let's call her Minnie) to her own FP set.

Now comes the time consuming part....

I wait a day and reassign Minnie's ticket to another person (let's call her Daisy) and copy Minnie's FP+ unto Daisy. I then daily, reassign the ticket back and forth between them so neither of them is ticketless for more than 24 hours. If I forget then yes one of the sets disappears and I have to go through the copy process again. HOWEVER, after about 7-10 days of daily switching, I stop (or forget for a few days usually) and the system never deletes the non-ticketed person's FP. I don't know why it happens but it has happened to me multiple times.

Right now for my EP day, on my regular APs I have FP for Frozen Ever After and on Minnie and Daisy (who has not had a linked ticket in over a week) I have Soarin. I can't change it to another ride or change the time because I get an error but as long as I leave it alone it stays available for two people. Again, I don't know why it happens and I'm not even saying it will happen to everyone just that it has happened to me about 3-4 times.

EP is the only park I do this with because of the tiering (it doesn't affect us at DHS since we don't ride RnR). After EP, I just use them as NBFP since only have to do it for 2 or at most 4 and I am not a morning person to get to kiosks in the morning.

That's an interesting discovery and a new twist! I always buy next year's passes for GLFP, so haven't done any reassigning.

The system keeps surprising us - Disney included!

Yes! ::MickeyMo Perfect example as the pictured card has the Mickey head at the bottom. As long as you see the Mickey head, the emitting symbol, or FP+ somewhere on the card, you are good as it's RFID enabled.

THanks! I don't know what an emitting symbol is and as Mickey heads are everywhere, I wasn't sure.

I have read and reread the first page. The information is so good. Thank you for all of the work you put into that.

My trip is in sept. I booked a package, but have 8 day tickets in my MDE all assigned to the same people that have the package deal. Can i edit 4 of the tickets. Say me for example: go in edit my name to Minnie, resign 1 of the 4 tickets to minnie from me, and do the same for the other 3 making up names, then buy 4 magic bands link them to the 4 bogus names and use them for getting fp. Then go back in and change my name back to original for my ressie in sept. Will this work?? ( After vacation i could go back in and put the 4 made up names back to original) Hope i explained that right.

Thanks for any help!!

Can I use a 1-day MK ticket to make GLFPs at one of the other three parks?

Month from my trip.... Have my regular FPs all done. I have an extra set of unlinked magic bands (5 bands). I have a phantom account, to which I'll link the extra magic bands.
So here is my question --- To get SDFP, do I need to bring the whole party's bands to the kiosk, and scan all 5? Or can I get FPs for the whole party, at the kiosk, by just scanning 1 band from the phantom account?

Month from my trip.... Have my regular FPs all done. I have an extra set of unlinked magic bands (5 bands). I have a phantom account, to which I'll link the extra magic bands.
So here is my question --- To get SDFP, do I need to bring the whole party's bands to the kiosk, and scan all 5? Or can I get FPs for the whole party, at the kiosk, by just scanning 1 band from the phantom account?
You must scan all 5, at least to make the SDFP's initially. After that, if you go back to make changes or to add a 4th FPP, they should all appear when you just scan one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter