SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I think I have two that aren't clones. Maybe I'll just buy two magicbands and call it a day then. If I make a phantom on my Mde for the two bands, would those link into memory maker for ride photos? We are just using tickets for entrance so it would just be phantom bands. (Might be a question for a different thread...)

If I make a phantom on my Mde for the two bands, would those link into memory maker for ride photos?
Yes, they do provide the Memory Maker link. Anyone listed or linked to the MDE where Memory Maker is linked will have photos linked to that specific MDE.

Thanks! I think I have two that aren't clones. Maybe I'll just buy two magicbands and call it a day then. If I make a phantom on my Mde for the two bands, would those link into memory maker for ride photos? We are just using tickets for entrance so it would just be phantom bands. (Might be a question for a different thread...)

No doubt you meant to say "make two phantoms for the two bands."

:wave2: ScrapYap and SDFPers, dropping in to Alert everyone the FP Subforum has been collapsed back into TPAS. Due to the merge, this thread will no longer be Stickied ~ please be sure you have Alerts set up in your Alert Preferences. That function can be found in your DIS account settings and you'll receive Alerts whenever there is a post to this thread or when you are tagged or mentioned within the thread.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Did Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios with SDFP. We started in AK and I'd made our fastpasses for HS. Used SDFP to get Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. Was able to get the exact times I wanted by refreshing a bit. Lots of availability for Everest and Kali, and occasionally for Safari. Even got one for Festival of the Lion King that we didn't end up using.

At HS, got SDFP for Toy Story (for 2, for about an hour after I was checking.) Great Movie Ride had lots of immediate availability (why it's tier one I'll never know). Also got Tower of Terror for two at the exact time I wanted and two for Muppetvision cause why not.

Toy Story and Tower of Terror had availability throughout the day, just keep refreshing.

Basically, anything you wanted on SDFP you could get--just keep refreshing and break your party up to get overlapping windows if need be. I was super pleased--we waited in only one standby line this trip and that's cause we had time to kill. I can't thank you all enough for putting this thread together!

Also, if anyone needs a cheap magic band, the character warehouse outlet furthest from DisneyWorld has last year's Easter bands for $9.99. Definitely worth it! :)

Hi,
Sounds like it worked great.
When you say you got what you wanted by "refreshing" Do you mean you did this while at kiosks?
Going to try and buy some extra MB from Earport when we arrive for Easter 17 and use again when we return August 17.

Hi,
Sounds like it worked great.
When you say you got what you wanted by "refreshing" Do you mean you did this while at kiosks?
Going to try and buy some extra MB from Earport when we arrive for Easter 17 and use again when we return August 17.

Yep, if there weren't lines I'd just keep refreshing the page at the kiosks (hitting "back" and so forth) and see what popped up. Also, if your ride pops up but not at a time you want, grab what time it shows and then you can do "modify" to try and change the time. That's how I got 7DMT today.

Many thanks.
Traveling from Liverpool UK so just checking I hadn't misunderstood.
Been to Disney 3 times before so used to using FP, kiosks, etc.
Staying 16 nights split stay at BCV and GF Easter 17 and then back August 17 to stay 14 nights at YC. So if loophole still working would be great.
(Dread to think how much I have spent going to Disney.)
Thanks again

I have 4 bands that aren't clones. What is the preferred method.....adding phantom names to my own MDE.....or setting up a new MDE?

If I do the phantoms on my own MDE & I book the SDFP....is it still true that I can't change the times of the SDFP using my phone? I can only change the times of the FP that I scheduled in advance with my good bands?

I have 4 bands that aren't clones. What is the preferred method.....adding phantom names to my own MDE.....or setting up a new MDE?

If I do the phantoms on my own MDE & I book the SDFP....is it still true that I can't change the times of the SDFP using my phone? I can only change the times of the FP that I scheduled in advance with my good bands?

It's never possible to change SDFP with your phone. In the past, that was possible. No longer.

Whether to add phantoms to your own MDE or a separate MDE is a personal preference. If you keep the profiles (real and phantom) all on one MDE, you can refer to them more easily. But then there's an extra step at the kiosks when you have to bypass the prebooked FP (which will show up first on the kiosk screen). An advantage to having the bands all on the same MDE is that there will be less risk of missing Memory Maker Photopass pictures - if someone in your group is only carrying a phantom band and not a real one (affiliated with Memory Maker). A disadvantage to having all the bands on the same MDE is that there is more of a risk that profiles with similar names could end up merged (and the bands therefore cloned and useless for SDFP). Which scenario sounds better to you?

It's never possible to change SDFP with your phone. In the past, that was possible. No longer.

The app will fake you out though--it will let you get all the way to the "confirm" page and then tell you "something went wrong". So it looks like you can, but you actually can't.

YES! This!!! You think you are going to make it happen.......and then it won't let you.

Right?! I knew you couldn't change it on your phone before I went, but then the FP line for Splash had a bit of a wait so I tried it. And it kept letting me go to the next screen and I was all excited....and then no. Boo. :) But hey, as long as the loophole itself stays open, I'll take it :)

I completely apologize if this has been answered, but I am desperate!
I managed to find an old plastic ticket from 2013 and linked it to a rogue MDE account to make SDFP on our trip next week for my DH BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T FIND MY 2013 TICKET.

What I did find was an old...old...paper ticket from 2011 that I still managed to link to the rogue MDE account. But will this paper ticket work a the kiosks? Will it still scan and let me book SDFP?
If only one of us has a phantom ticket to use during the trip there is really no point. Only one person enjoying extra FPs? No fair! So I am hoping someone can tell me if this 2011 paper ticket will work.

Thanks!

I completely apologize if this has been answered, but I am desperate!
I managed to find an old plastic ticket from 2013 and linked it to a rogue MDE account to make SDFP on our trip next week for my DH BUT OF COURSE I CAN'T FIND MY 2013 TICKET.

What I did find was an old...old...paper ticket from 2011 that I still managed to link to the rogue MDE account. But will this paper ticket work a the kiosks? Will it still scan and let me book SDFP?
If only one of us has a phantom ticket to use during the trip there is really no point. Only one person enjoying extra FPs? No fair! So I am hoping someone can tell me if this 2011 paper ticket will work.

Thanks!

Look on your MDE under Reservations and Tickets to confirm that the paper ticket had no remaining days (even if you're sure it didn't - take a look). If it does have a remaining day or more, you can exchange that paper ticket for a plastic card at any guest services location - and you'll use the plastic card for SDFP. If there are definitely no ticket days remaining, guest services will not exchange the paper ticket for plastic. Paper tickets don't work at kiosks. You'd have to purchase an expired plastic ticket on eBay or a MagicBand to use for the second person's SDFP.

I have read the instructions several times. I have a bag of bands and numerous key cards. None of them show up on my MDE when I look at the Magicbands and Cards section. The only ones that show up are the ones that just shipped. Am I looking at the wrong place? I've used MDE before, but I don't think I used the bands; I think I used my hard copy AP. The last time we went was 2015.

I have read the instructions several times. I have a bag of bands and numerous key cards. None of them show up on my MDE when I look at the Magicbands and Cards section. The only ones that show up are the ones that just shipped. Am I looking at the wrong place? I've used MDE before, but I don't think I used the bands; I think I used my hard copy AP. The last time we went was 2015.

You're certain you're looking at the MagicBands and Cards section, not Reservations and Tickets? That's puzzling.

You've booked your previous resort stays via your MDE? Maybe do a search through your email for a confirmation email from your 2015 stay. Search for the words "Reservation Confirmation" in the subject line or for the sender "guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com." If you don't find anything, you must have had a previous MDE under a different email. Or would you have used a travel agent for everything?

Unless the MDE is glitching (check it again in 24 hours!), it sounds as though your bag of bands and cards are not clones of your current bands. However, you'll want to know which bands/cards in your magical bag are clones of each other. You could figure it out at the kiosks (take a Sharpie so you'll be ready to label the mysterious bands and cards on the spot). But it would be nice if you could do it ahead of time. If you didn't use a travel agent (and the MDE isn't glitching right now), then there is definitely a previous MDE out there. You could call guest services and read them the number on one of the bagged bands to see if they can help at all. (Be sure not to give them the email address on the MDE with your current reservation or everything could end up merged.)

Great thread, which made me come out of hibernation to respond!

I'm going to try and find some older KTTW when I get home tonight, but otherwise I've already booked our August trip on MDE and linked us all, etc.

I just wanted to be clear on the MNSSHP ticket useage. Say I buy them and link to a rogue profile I'll create on another email address. Obviously now they won't be linked to my MDE account. If I don't transfer the entry privilege to my active MDE profiles (as I want to continue using the card as SDFP after the party), would that have any kind of repurcussion for us at the party?

Last time we did MNSSHP was 2014 so my memory is a little fuzzy on whether we need to use our bands at all. We're likely to be at the party before 7pm so will enter using our bands - I guess we just need to remember to use the cards whilst at the party?

Great thread, which made me come out of hibernation to respond!

I'm going to try and find some older KTTW when I get home tonight, but otherwise I've already booked our August trip on MDE and linked us all, etc.

I just wanted to be clear on the MNSSHP ticket useage. Say I buy them and link to a rogue profile I'll create on another email address. Obviously now they won't be linked to my MDE account. If I don't transfer the entry privilege to my active MDE profiles (as I want to continue using the card as SDFP after the party), would that have any kind of repurcussion for us at the party?

Last time we did MNSSHP was 2014 so my memory is a little fuzzy on whether we need to use our bands at all. We're likely to be at the party before 7pm so will enter using our bands - I guess we just need to remember to use the cards whilst at the party?

With the scenario you describe above, you wouldn't be able to enter the party without the plastic cards, since the party entitlements wouldn't be associated with your primary profiles.

If you'd rather enter with your bands and don't care about the one extra set of FP the MNSSHP ticket cards entitle you to (that day being the day of the party), you could set up the phantoms on your regular MDE, side by side with the real profiles. Link the MNSSHP tickets to the phantoms. At this point, the plastic cards are now "married" to the phantom profiles. Now reassign the party entitlement from the phantoms to the real profiles. The cards will remain linked to the phantoms, so will still be useful for SDFP. But now you would enter the park with the bands because you'd have transferred the disembodied entitlement to the "treasure rooms" of the real profiles. (If this sounds confusing, reread the first post - it's all there in detail! :))

So I just looked at my old MDE and my old MDE bands are next to my sister in laws name. So I assume that means that my old magicband won't work for SDFP because it's assigned to her now and we're in the parks together. Is this correct? My TA did it. :( I sent her an email and asked her about it because it'll be my SIL first time in the park and her kids and I want their name printed on the magicband and not mine. It looks like my old # was reassigned to her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter