Seafood restaurants

buffettgirl

The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.
can anyone recommend any good seafood restaurants in the general DL area? We will have a car.

I like King’s Fish House. There’s one nearby in Orange, CA maybe 10-15 min drive from DL. Although I have only been to that specific location once.

What style of seafood? There are some great Asian restaurants in Orange County. You can get seafood in Newport Beach, Huntington, etc. Joe's Crab Shack is a mile south of the parks on Harbor.

Fresh fish. No chains. Not sushi, but poke is fine. Mostly looking for Pacific Ocean fish- ahi, mahi mahi, opah etc. just your basic seafood, nice and fresh.

Whatever. Because there ARE so many seafood restaurants and I found that out by already looking on yelp, I was hoping to narrow it down and maybe ask questions of people who have eaten. And I thank the one person who helpfully gave a suggestion.

But back to your reguarly scheduled menu of buzz lighhtyear posts and map obtaining.

Why not explain that, then? When you're asking a completely vague and general question, it's hard for people to give answers.

There's a Bubba Gumps at Garden walk but it's terrible unless you like totally over cooked shrimp with no taste and the consistancy of chicken. :(
Mimi's cafe has a few seafood dishes and although I have not had them, everything else I've had there was very good. It's also a nice cool break from the noise of the park.

Last edited:
Napa rose, like much of the food at dL and WDW, seems highly overpriced. But it certainly looks yummy there.
Well yeah, it’s overpriced. There’s reasons for that. It’s on property, in the little bubble that Disneyland has. But I did have the best scallop I’ve ever had there, so there’s that.

Whatever. Because there ARE so many seafood restaurants and I found that out by already looking on yelp, I was hoping to narrow it down and maybe ask questions of people who have eaten. And I thank the one person who helpfully gave a suggestion.

One point of view to consider is that it might be possible that not many folks on Disboards go to seafood restaurants around DL. For example, our family has been to DL about 5 or 6 times. We always have a car, but we've never ended up venturing outside DL itself or the area around Harbor Blvd or Katella Ave. It's just how it's turned out. I would imagine that the Orange County area probably has a lot of good seafood restaurant options. I just have no idea what those would be.

When are you going? We are going to venture out for some seafood on March 10th while there. I would be more than happy to report back where we went and our thoughts if you are going after that date.

I adore their diver scallop appetizer! Always cooked to perfection, we’ve taken to going to the NR lounge just for that dish and a wonderful glass of wine our last couple trips!

Well yeah, it’s overpriced. There’s reasons for that. It’s on property, in the little bubble that Disneyland has. But I did have the best scallop I’ve ever had there, so there’s that.

I love scallops. Thanks for the tip on the lounge. I’m snobby on scallops being from the northeast but I just love them.

No problem. I know what you meant! And I stand by my suggestion!

I looked at the menu and it looks great ( and yelp agrees lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter