Seasonal Picture Fun *anybody can join!

Mel, thanks for the pictures, this thread is a great idea. It's great that you really get into the whole Halloween thing. I not really into Halloween, but I love Christmas. I'm hoping that it stays on the warmer side until the weekend, so that I can put up my Christmas lights. I love the lights but don't like freezing my behind putting them up. I'm not sure if I can post pictures yet but I will when I can. Until them I'll enjoying seeing everyone else's holiday pics.

I love everyone's photos!!!

The gingerbread skeletons look great! I think we will try those next year.

Mel, the food at your parties is amazing. We've had Halloween parties the last four years. And the main course has just been ordering pizza. Might have to try something different next year. We do have fun with dessert though.

My son Jacob is in charge of the Halloween decorations at our house.
Here are a few of his creations for this year:

enteraturisk03jacob.jpg

spidertree.jpg

jacobindiespider.jpg

A painted milk carton.
franklight.jpg

A trick or treat bucket.
jacklight.jpg

He's almost 13, and this is the fourth year in a row that he has chosen to have friends over for a Halloween party instead of a birthday party.

This year we made bat cupcakes with peanut butter cups.
batcupcakes.jpg

Eyeballs – mini cupcakes with a lifesaver and an m&m.
eyeballs.jpg

Cookies shaped to look like witch’s fingers:
witchesfingers.jpg

I love carving the pumpkins. The kids and I each design a few and I carve them. The last couple of years Jacob has done some carving as well. He likes to use stencils. My daughter usually designs a cat or something with a heart or stars. These are from different years.

hannahpumpkins.jpg

witchpumpkin.jpg

07halloween10.jpg

07halloween12.jpg

07halloween08.jpg

05jol03.jpg

04jol02.jpg

04jol03.jpg

04jol04.jpg

03jol01.jpg

03jol02.jpg

I so love your tree. He did a really good job decorating.

Kathleen,

What a wonderfully creative set of pics! I love all the stuff you guys did! Especially the witch fingers.... <shiver> those are great!

I have that same huge spider! LOL Your DS is great at spiderwebbing.. that's a talent that you really don't even know you need until you try doing it! :lmao:

Thank you so much for sharing. I totally love all of your great ideas.

Ok, I also have to mention those cool cupcakes... I noticed that eyes are really big when it comes to decorating food for Halloween :teeth:

And, and, and!! Those are fantastic pumpkins! I love them all. That witch one is really cool, is it freehand? I love the negative image type styles. My DH can do it but I am hopelessly untalented. I'm an idea man (woman). lol

Mel, thanks for the pictures, this thread is a great idea. It's great that you really get into the whole Halloween thing. I not really into Halloween, but I love Christmas. I'm hoping that it stays on the warmer side until the weekend, so that I can put up my Christmas lights. I love the lights but don't like freezing my behind putting them up. I'm not sure if I can post pictures yet but I will when I can. Until them I'll enjoying seeing everyone else's holiday pics.

I love Christmas lights, too! I look forward to seeing your display :)

We have some pretty fun things to do around these parts for the Christmas season. Zoolights is one of my favorites. What do you guys like to do?

Great pictures Mel and Kathleen. Those foods are cute. Might have to steal some of those ideas for next year.

Great idea travelmel! You have some great photos that you have shared. Love yours too, Kathleen27 and DisneyLaura. I just love corn mazes!

We don't celebrate Halloween so I have nothing to offer there. And really the few Christmas ones I have are not so great but they do at least show the spirit of things around our house.

This is one of my favorite photos. I don't decorate a whole lot outside because I have to do all the work but I do put up a few icicle lights and some light up deer. My kitty, Ezri, thinks she's one of the deer.
2619477750102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

I guess if I show you a shot of our cat I need to give the same consideration for our dog, Tess. Here she is dressed for the holiday. Just like trying to get a child to sit still, she wouldn't cooperate and smile for the camera!
2982662120102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

We don't do the traditional meal of turkey and dressing. Instead our tradition has always been tied to whatever bounty my husband has brought home for the year. For the first 12 or so years we had chicken fried elk or deer. The last few years we have had fried dove. The greatest part is that if he hunts it, he cooks it! (I have never cooked a turkey in my life!) Unfortunately, the trade is that I have to clean up the mess which is always quite substantial! Anyway, here's the DH and SIL rustling up some Christmas dinner.
2518480930102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's what the younger boys do while the men do all the cooking.
2814324160039807832S500x500Q85.jpg

Here's the sisters snuggling up together. Notice I used to collect the animated Disney characters in the background.
2956292060102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

We don't have much family anymore but we do invite our adopted granny. She usually comes sporting her Santa hat but I missed catching her with it on. The other haggard looking gal is me. Have you ever found that when you have young children who get up at sunrise to open Santa's gifts there is not much time for mom to even get dressed? I think all our Christmas photos have me in my pjs. While I don't have to do all the cooking, I do contribute by cooking the side dishes and spend the day running around doing stuff like a mad woman.... usually in my jammies!
2890639300102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

I collect snowmen. Here's a few on our mantle.
2720736120039807832S500x500Q85.jpg

MarieZP,

FOUR MORE DAYS??!! WOO HOO!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cute pics! Your dog is beautiful! Your cat is typically smug and wonderfully camoflauged with the dear. :thumbsup2

I like dogs but cats are defintely closer to my heart.

I can relate to the Christmas pj dilema. My hair is always so incredibley unmanageable (and I am NOT just saying that) that I have to take a shower shortly after the morning rush or I scare away the spirit of Christmas. LOL I do think back and remember that almost all hte pics of my childhood xmas' show my granny in her pj's though! I typically refuse pics during any season. lol

We have an adopted granny that comes around for THanksgiving! That's funny. I get along well with the old folks... I was raised by my grandma and an only child. I think that has something to do iwth it.

How lovely for you to have your DH cook.. OH! That reminds me,
TODAY IS NATIONAL HUSBANDS COOK DINNER DAY!!!
let's get out there and enforce this new holiday for all it's worth!

Mariezp I would love to stay in my PJ's all day if I could on the holidays. If I don't have to take my DD to preschool we both do sometimes.

I so love your tree. He did a really good job decorating.

Thanks! Its in a great spot too, very visible.

Kathleen,

What a wonderfully creative set of pics! I love all the stuff you guys did! Especially the witch fingers.... <shiver> those are great!

I have that same huge spider! LOL Your DS is great at spiderwebbing.. that's a talent that you really don't even know you need until you try doing it! :lmao:

Thank you so much for sharing. I totally love all of your great ideas.

Ok, I also have to mention those cool cupcakes... I noticed that eyes are really big when it comes to decorating food for Halloween :teeth:

That witch one is really cool, is it freehand?

Thank you! He gets really into Halloween!
Spiders turned out to be a big theme of his this year. :laughing:

My son made the witch pumpkin using a stencil. You tape the paper on, poke holes along the design, then remove and carve.
I've never tried the stencils. I like carving the faces freehand, because when I make a mistake, I can just change the design a little to accomodate it. :rolleyes1

Great pictures Mel and Kathleen. Those foods are cute. Might have to steal some of those ideas for next year.

Enjoy them!

Great idea travelmel! You have some great photos that you have shared. Love yours too, Kathleen27 and DisneyLaura. I just love corn mazes!

This is one of my favorite photos. I don't decorate a whole lot outside because I have to do all the work but I do put up a few icicle lights and some light up deer. My kitty, Ezri, thinks she's one of the deer.
2619477750102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

Thank you!
Your kitty is too cute with the deer. :laughing:
And your dog is beautiful! I had a German Shepherd when I was young!
Nice pictures!
Great that your husband does the cooking!

Yesterday, Jacob was asking why we don't have lots of outdoor decorations for Christmas. We just have the lights on the house. :laughing:
I tried to explain that we had more indoor decorations.
It will be interesting to see what he wants to try. :idea:

What a cute thread!!! I will have tons of pics once I put out my Christmas decorations!!

travelmel, I really am much more partial to cats than dogs myself. We have 2 outdoor cats, 1 indoor cat and one dog. The dog is so much more trouble than the cats even though she is a very good dog. I just think I like the cats best because they are so independent they do not require much from you. The 3 kitties we have all have such different personalities. One is half wild and very timid. The one inside thinks WE live in her kingdom. She is totally sophisticated. The one in the photo is just a complete nut. She had no pride and will make a complete fool of herself just to get your attention.

Aren't those adopted grannies the greatest! I am not sure why I get along with the older generation better. It certainly wasn't because my grandmother and I were close. Our granny was just hard to resist because she is just such a character. She has the same sense of humor as my family so we just kinda clicked.

So is there really such a holiday as NATIONAL HUSBANDS COOK DINNER DAY? Or did you just make that one up? Sounds like a good one to me! Yeah, DH cooks but you can be sure that holidays are the only time! He falsely advertised himself too! Before we got married he used to cook for me all the time. FOILED AGAIN!

DisneyLaura, I assure you I am in my pjs all day more often than I care to admit! I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom so most days I don't even leave the house so somehow getting all gussied up doesn't hold the priority it used to. Hmmmmm..... maybe that's why DH doesn't cook for me anymore! :lmao:

All right guys! We need more pictures! Somebody.... anybody?

Kathleen,

Thanks for the help with the how-to pumpkin! BTW I'm going to check out your TR thread ASAP. (FYI? LOL lots of anacronyms there)

What a cute thread!!! I will have tons of pics once I put out my Christmas decorations!!

::welcome::

Very cool! I totally look forward to seeing them. There was a Christmas movie on tv "Jack Frost"... it's a cute movie but I'm not QUITE ready yet.. I like my seasons seasonal-ly LOL

We are day after Thanksgiving people. Begining with chopping our own tree..

**Warning pre-seasonal pic ahead!

:santa:
2007-11GettingtheChristmasTree006.jpg

Anybody tree cutters? We get an 8-9 foot pine for $10 here in Oregon. No, that's not a typo. :rotfl2:

When I lived in Cali the same tree was $109 and that was 10 yrs ago!

Hmmmmm..... maybe that's why DH doesn't cook for me anymore! :lmao:

:lmao: Too funny!

By the way, it really was National Husbands Make Dinner Day.. or at least that's what I heard on the radio!

All right guys! We need more pictures! Somebody.... anybody?

Some more Halloween before we leave the subject....

Next is a cut and paste from my TR... sorry for the repeat....
Here is a little back ground about my avatar....I am cutting and pasting this post from one I posted on the "remember when" thread...
puff'n what??

Here are my childhood buddies: Witchpoo, Puff-n-Stuff, Jimmy (the boy), and Freddie (The flute in my avatar)

This woman is one of the best actresses of all time!
witchie1.jpg

McDonalds was sued and settled out of court after comissioning the same artist to design Mayor McCheese as the one who did Puff-N-Stuff. The guy showed McDonalds his ideas then McDonalds said, "no" and then came out with their exact look alike copy of Mayor McCheese.
Jimmyandpuff2.jpg

Me and DH For Halloween!
Halloween2005019-1.jpg

DH made the Flute himself. It is an EXACT replica and sits in my Hutch today with our fine china and other hierlooms
editedHalloween2005011-1.jpg

Poor DH, he looked like such a dork! What a sweetie for pulling that off with me!! I love that man! :love:

I'm going to go back and catch up with all this stuff on this site.. I am a nostalgia FREAK!

I keep threatening to buy the girls some chinese jacks.. remember those???

EDIT: accidental repeat of the same post.. sorry!

bonus pics:

This is a Dental hygienist and friend of mine. Her boss and her made these teeth. They are realy crowns (caps). :lmao:

What's up Doc?
HalloweenJenkinsEstate2005003.jpg

after the costume came off...
IM000433-2.jpg

Her pumpkin that year
2007-10Halloween148.jpg

The culturally-inclined DD
IM000441-2.jpg

DH's Harley Pumpkin... it just makes me wanna sing, "Get your motor runnin....(p.s. DH does not ride.) :rotfl2:
2007-10Halloween145.jpg

Just a quick note:

I wanted to let you know that my DDB (age 12) and I saw the movie "The Secret Life of Bee's"

It stars Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifa and others. It's produced by Will and Jada Smith. It takes place in the south circa 1964.

I give it a BIG THUMBS UP :thumbsup2 and so did she :thumbsup2

We were both teary :sad1: but it was really good.

I hope you will go see it (and/or read the book, it was great, too).

Link to Trailer: The trailer looks a little hoaky to me but don't let that detour you. Your DH may not like this movie but we certainly did.

http://www.fandango.com/thesecretlifeofbeesmovietrailer/1_19360/v427560

travelmel - I love all of the Halloween photos. I will have to try to find some more of the kids and post them later. I am trying to still finish my TR from October. It is hard to write with three kids! Thanks for the great thread! :wizard:

travelmel - I love all of the Halloween photos. I will have to try to find some more of the kids and post them later. I am trying to still finish my TR from October. It is hard to write with three kids! Thanks for the great thread! :wizard:

Sounds good! Thanks for stopping by!

I'm also interested in cute THankgiviing Craft ideas.

My DH's family doesn't like board games too much and I get bored hanging out there all day. :ssst:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter