SeaWorld Blue Friday Sale 2016

For DC it depends on when you're going. They dolphin swim package is $229. For when I'm going, I actually save $110. It all depends on when you're going if/how much you save.

I get that. What pisses me off is that San Antonio and San Diego was at 50 % off reg price was $125.00 it was on sale for $62.50 I am just very disappointed. I had a large group up tonight waiting to book and think we all felt a little let down. Glad you were able to save a $110.00

I had gotten as far as putting dining bogo in my cart, but when I tried to put penguin tour in, it crashed. That was at 11:55 and I haven't been able to get into blue friday screen again!

Can't seem to log into the seaworld site. Does anyone know what the current renewal price is for an annual pass?

Oy that was painful. 52 minutes later... I have successfully booked the BOGO penguins tour for my preferred date and time.

Hopefully Netflix is more prepared for the Gilmore Girls onslaught. Off to get two hours of sleep!

Oy that was painful. 52 minutes later... I have successfully booked the BOGO penguins tour for my preferred date and time.

Hopefully Netflix is more prepared for the Gilmore Girls onslaught. Off to get two hours of sleep!
What was your date for the penguin tour? My date reads error and to call if I try bogo, fine if I just purchase without bogo. Other dates earlier in December are fine, but trying to book 12/26 or 27 is a no go. The thing is, I booked he penguin tour well before blue Friday deals were announced. After the announcement, I called SW and the gentleman I spoke with said to keep my time, rebook when deals started and then call to cancel original tour. He said to keep my old reservation as a back up just in case and that I have up until the day before to cancel. He also said it appeared in his end to have some black out dates, but that it was the week leading up to Xmas, not after. Says nothing about black out dates on SW site! Calling first thing when the open up this morning!

ETA: I just checked back and now the calendar shows 12/21, 26, 27 as unavailable!

Last edited:
What was your date for the penguin tour? My date reads error and to call if I try bogo, fine if I just purchase without bogo. Other dates earlier in December are fine, but trying to book 12/26 or 27 is a no go. The thing is, I booked he penguin tour well before blue Friday deals were announced. After the announcement, I called SW and the gentleman I spoke with said to keep my time, rebook when deals started and then call to cancel original tour. He said to keep my old reservation as a back up just in case and that I have up until the day before to cancel. He also said it appeared in his end to have some black out dates, but that it was the week leading up to Xmas, not after. Says nothing about black out dates on SW site! Calling first thing when the open up this morning!

ETA: I just checked back and now the calendar shows 12/21, 26, 27 as unavailable!

I booked for 12/6. Same facts as yours - I also spoke with someone yesterday who told be to hold on to the full price tour until I had the Blue Friday reservations. I plan to call to cancel sometime next week. This all seems to be kind of a mess. The new charge went through on my credit card and shows up in the app (although I can't open any of my tickets in the app) but instead of an email confirmation, I got a message that l'd left something in my cart.

DC was definitely a disappointment for me - same prices as when I'd ordinarily go. So didn't bother to buy in advance.

I'm so disappointed that the BOGO offer for SW is for visit dates prior to 1/31/17. Our trip isn't until March and we were looking forward to a nice discount on SW tickets with the Blue Friday offers. I assume the use by date for Aquatica is 6/30/17 because it's a waterpark; but I don't understand why they couldn't have just also made the use by date for SW 6/30/17 as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that another ticket deal will be made available for SW within the next few months. If not we might just hold off on SW all together and just wait until another trip. We are pondering a "Sweet 16" birthday trip to Discovery Cove in 2018 instead of a traditional party for my 14 yr old twins since they're boy/girl twins and I know we would get SW/Aquatica tickets with the Discovery Cove Pkg.

DC was definitely a disappointment for me - same prices as when I'd ordinarily go. So didn't bother to buy in advance.
Me either. I was going too renew my pass and didn't do that either. I think we are skipping Seaworld all together.

If you are definitely planning to go, and know your dates, keep in mind that prices increase as tickets sell down. So today's $229 may be next weeks $259, then 289 etc...... I'm sure you're aware, but wanted to mention just in case.....

Happy update. I called SW right at 8am. Employee I spoke with couldn't have been nicer and did his best to help me. I was able to make a new booking for our penguin tour and cancel our full priced one. The only hiccup was that he could only schedule it for 12/26 and not move it into our original slot of 12/27. That's only a small annoyance when compared to saving over $150! The thing about the BOGO 1/2 on the daily park admission is annoying that it's off of the fully price and not the internet price. I'm just going to purchase fun cards (I wish they were bogo1/2!). 4 fun cards is $400, where one day admission at bogo1/2 is still $300 and we are definitely going 2 days and possibly even for a few hours on 12/25 after we check into our hotel, so a fun card makes the most sense.

Aw. Looks like the deal this year isn't BOGO free AP's, just BOGO 50% off. Oh well. I'll skip out on the deal but still be renewing.

Bit the bullet. I was wavering. For Orlando Got two kids swim with dolphin. DD is 18 today and will be 16 and got two adult day tickets. DH does not want to swim with the Dolphins. Our date cost were originally $289 and $199 saved $160.
And for Disneyland - booked 2 adult meal with shamu.

Need 2 day tickets for dec 2016 for sea world, have not decided best choice for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter