Seaworld Halloween Spooktacular

MinnieSummer

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the dates are for this? I have searched their site but can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone know what the dates are for this? I have searched their site but can't find them anywhere.

On Seaworlds website, it is any day with an 8:00pm closing and Halloween. I think its every weekend in October except the first weekend but including the last Friday. So off the top of my head, I believe the dates are:

October 8th,9th,15th,16th,22nd,23rd,28th,29th,30th and 31st.

I just looked at the website under parks info and it is showing a closing of 7 everyday in October. What am I doing wrong? The reason I need to know is I am taking my daughter and two of her friends to Discovery Cove for her birthday. The admission includes 14 days of admission to Seaworld. I really want to take the girls back up for this but am afraid the tickets will expire before it starts. We r at DC on the 24th of September.

Can you post a link to where it says that the park closes at 7? I found on the Seaworld site that all the days I mentioned earlier are an 8:00 closing and it looks like they also added the first weekend in October to that. The 1st and 2nd.

Edit: Seaworld's 2nd website also says that the dates I listed are 8:00 closings but the first weekend (October 1st and 2nd) is a 6:00 not 8:00. So I would call Seaworld to get confirmation as to whether the first week in October is a 6:00 closing or an 8:00 closing. Every other day on both schedules matches up.

1st Site:
http://www.seaworld.com/ParkHours.aspx?locID=1

2nd Site:
http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Park-Info/Park-Hours

Sometimes I question my intelligence level. I didn't realize that you had to pick a specific day to get the times. I pulled up October and looked at the times below it -- didn't realize the date was still for August. Oh well. I am still going to call though so I can find out which is right for the first weekend.

http://www.seaworldspooktacular.com/swfspook.html

We are thinking about going. Not sure if it will be too busy to be a fun 1st visit, maybe we will just go on Monday and hopefully have less crowds.

How did you find this link? I have been trying for days now to get this information and couldn't do it. I swear I am a reasonably intelligent person but this Spooktacular brain freeze of mine is just, well, spooky:confused3

How did you find this link? I have been trying for days now to get this information and couldn't do it. I swear I am a reasonably intelligent person but this Spooktacular brain freeze of mine is just, well, spooky:confused3

I stumbled across it on their website last week, they do NOT make it easy to find. :sad2:

I stumbled across it on their website last week, they do NOT make it easy to find. :sad2:

No they don't. lol. I would fully expect a ton more info following Labor day weekend. Once the summer season officially comes to an end. As far as a first time visit, I definitely think checking out spook weekends is worth it. You have 2 extra hours in the park. .

we are planning on going on Oct 16th.....very excited....

Do people typically dress up for this??

we are planning on going on Oct 16th.....very excited....

Do people typically dress up for this??

Yep! You are allowed to dress up in a costume on spooktakular days only. But they obviously wont allow anything obscene.

We're also going the 16th October! :cool1:

Will be our second day in Florida, and really looking forward to it!!
:goodvibes

still trying to convince DH to add this to our vacation - his comment $$$.

It would be a great addition to your vacation. Unlike Disney worlds "Not so scary Halloween Party", Seaworlds Halloween event is free with park admission and runs from Noon until park closing.

How busy does this event get? We were going to Seaworld anyway on Sunday October 16 after our cruise but I dont know if we want the crowds for our 1st visit?

How busy does this event get? We were going to Seaworld anyway on Sunday October 16 after our cruise but I dont know if we want the crowds for our 1st visit?

It's not as crowded as a Disney or IOA. The event is set up on a back pathway (The old pathway that leads to the old ski stadium) Along the path, there are different stations that you can visit or get photo ops with different halloween characters. Its very kid friendly. Since its on the back pathway, it's pretty much out of the way of other park attractions and shows. So if your not interested in seeing the halloween stuff, then you won't have to worry about crowds. If you are interested in the halloween stuff, know that Seaworld has alot of shows that should be going on at roughly the same time throughout the day. So a good time to visit that pathway would be when multiple shows are going on at once. Especially a Shamu show. The pathway will clear out and hardly any park guests will be around, they'll all be at shows. I really wouldn't worry about crowds. I hope you decide to go, its worth it IMO.

Thanks KBF, DD is at the age where this might be our last kid type Halloween so I think we will check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter