Seaworld Halloween Spooktacular

Are there any Halloween-themed animal shows going on during this time? Like Shamu or the Sea Lions? Would Shamu Rocks be offered? I have never been to Sea World during the Halloween season before, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I will be there October 8 and 9.

Are there any Halloween-themed animal shows going on during this time? Like Shamu or the Sea Lions? Would Shamu Rocks be offered? I have never been to Sea World during the Halloween season before, so any info would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I will be there October 8 and 9.

The only Halloween themed shows involve the Sesame street characters. There is a Halloween Elmo show and there is usually a breakfast show with the count from sesame street. And yes, "Shamu Rocks" is shown on Spooktakular weekends at night for the past few years.

The only Halloween themed shows involve the Sesame street characters. There is a Halloween Elmo show and there is usually a breakfast show with the count from sesame street. And yes, "Shamu Rocks" is shown on Spooktakular weekends at night for the past few years.

Thanks KBF for the news. So I take it that the Halloween-themed Clyde and Seamore show that I saw being rehearsed a few years ago is no more??? Hmmmm...

Do the Halloween shows replace regular shows (and if so, which ones)? Or are they in addition to the usual shows?

Thanks KBF for the news. So I take it that the Halloween-themed Clyde and Seamore show that I saw being rehearsed a few years ago is no more??? Hmmmm...

Hmmm I've never heard of such a show. But if that's true then I guess nothing ever came of that. When did you see one being rehearsed?

Do the Halloween shows replace regular shows (and if so, which ones)? Or are they in addition to the usual shows?

The only Halloween shows are the Elmo Halloween and character breakfast shows. There are three different Elmo shows played throughout the year. A summer themed show in the summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day), A Halloween themed show for Halloween (Weekends in October) and a Christmas themed show for Christmas (Day after Thanksgiving until New Years day) There are no Elmo shows at any other time of the year besides the dates I listed. Character breakfast is the same way.

Shamu Rocks is a night time Shamu show performed only during these peak seasons.... Spring Break, Summer season, Halloween weekends, and New Years eve. This show is different than the Shamu day show "One Ocean", but if it's peak season, then both will be performed on the same day. One Ocean during the day and then the show changes to Shamu Rocks at night.

KBF...I saw it being rehearsed back in 2005, I think.

I've never heard of it. It sounds like it would be a cool concept. Too bad nothing ever came of it.

EDIT: I searched for youtube vids of a halloween sealion show at Seaworld and results came up for a show from 2005 and 2006 that was performed in SanDiego and San Antonio. Nothing from Orlando. Were you talking about a rehearsal at Orlando, or another Seaworld park. Because I was thinking you meant Orlando. lol.

I've never heard of it. It sounds like it would be a cool concept. Too bad nothing ever came of it.

EDIT: I searched for youtube vids of a halloween sealion show at Seaworld and results came up for a show from 2005 and 2006 that was performed in SanDiego and San Antonio. Nothing from Orlando. Were you talking about a rehearsal at Orlando, or another Seaworld park. Because I was thinking you meant Orlando. lol.

You would be right...I was talking about Orlando. Back when I visited in summer 2005, after the Clyde & Seamore show was over, those who stayed around a little after the show were treated to a training session for an upcoming Halloween-themed show. The training session was very brief. I wish I had footage of that training session that I could show you, but unfortunately, by the time I thought about getting the camcorder out, the session was over. :(

You would be right...I was talking about Orlando. Back when I visited in summer 2005, after the Clyde & Seamore show was over, those who stayed around a little after the show were treated to a training session for an upcoming Halloween-themed show. The training session was very brief. I wish I had footage of that training session that I could show you, but unfortunately, by the time I thought about getting the camcorder out, the session was over. :(

Aww. Well maybe they'll decide to bring a halloween show back.

we are going to sea world on oct 15 so maybey we will get to see this. last year for mnsshp dd6 dressed like an orca whale....she looked awesome she sould have been at this party instead lol

we are going to sea world on oct 15 so maybey we will get to see this. last year for mnsshp dd6 dressed like an orca whale....she looked awesome she sould have been at this party instead lol

You'll definitely get to see this even if you go Saturday the 15th! Remember, it is included with park admission!

We are planning to go on Oct 15th as well. So if you see a family with 8 kids and a triplet stroller say Hi. We picked that day so if we wanted to use the all day meal plan it would be a longer day to utilize it!

Fun to see there will be halloween stuff to see! So excited.

we went a 3 years ago and it was slammed. we went the sun before Halloween. There were a ton of locals...it was ridiculous. People were fighting over candy and most of the candy was gone within 2 hours of them handing it out. We skipped getting candy and anything halloween themed because it was that crazy! People were going through the lines 4-5 times and we saw 1 family with 3 kids that had over 10 bags full of candy:scared1: :confused3

We had to reschedule our vacation and now we are going the first week of Oct. We are supposed to go to Seaworld on the 2nd but I think we are going do a Disney day and go to sea world during the week instead..

This event sounds fun and seems like a nice alternative to MNSSHP since this event is included in park admission and MNSSHP is a hard ticket event. We are considering a Sea World trip for next year and would consider pushing the trip to October for the Halloween Spooktacular; and it seems like they run that kid's half off ticket promotion during this time also. My only concern is that since this Halloween event is only held on weekends, does it get really crowded with locals/FL residents? We would probably take advantage of doing the second day free at Sea World, but if this event is chaotic since it is on weekends only then we will probably skip it. Also, can anyone comment on how this event compares to MNSSHP? I would really love for my kids to be able to experience MNSSHP, but I am having a hard time justifying us paying all that $$ for a 5 hour night event that my kids may not stay awake for. Thanks!

This event sounds fun and seems like a nice alternative to MNSSHP since this event is included in park admission and MNSSHP is a hard ticket event. We are considering a Sea World trip for next year and would consider pushing the trip to October for the Halloween Spooktacular; and it seems like they run that kid's half off ticket promotion during this time also. My only concern is that since this Halloween event is only held on weekends, does it get really crowded with locals/FL residents? We would probably take advantage of doing the second day free at Sea World, but if this event is chaotic since it is on weekends only then we will probably skip it. Also, can anyone comment on how this event compares to MNSSHP? I would really love for my kids to be able to experience MNSSHP, but I am having a hard time justifying us paying all that $$ for a 5 hour night event that my kids may not stay awake for. Thanks!

unfortunately is it nothing like MNSSHP at all. Its basically the park as usual with a few candy spots and activities thrown in. When we went it was super crowded, you had to fight to get to most of the candy spots...( map has 13 spots and they are set up with ropes so they funnel people in to get can and then funnel them out...when we decided not to get candy, we still had to wait to get pass the candy spots because of the crowds) The map says there is a dance party and strolling entertainment. When we went there was cookie decorating but the line was 100 people deep..so I told the kids I would buy them a cookie on the way home! :thumbsup2 The park had some halloween decorations up but nothing fancy..my kids loved the sesame street halloween show.

that being said the kids liked it but I thought it was a waste. the park was overcrowded with locals who were just there for the candy and that made the wait times for rides outrageous ( think 120 wait times for shamu harbor rides!) The animals exhibits away from the candy werent that crowded but we couldnt get in to feed the dolphins or the seals..
Hubby was miserable and doesnt want to go back this time.. I promised my son we could go, so I think we are going to go midweek instead of trying to go on the weekend.

unfortunately is it nothing like MNSSHP at all. Its basically the park as usual with a few candy spots and activities thrown in. When we went it was super crowded, you had to fight to get to most of the candy spots...( map has 13 spots and they are set up with ropes so they funnel people in to get can and then funnel them out...when we decided not to get candy, we still had to wait to get pass the candy spots because of the crowds) The map says there is a dance party and strolling entertainment. When we went there was cookie decorating but the line was 100 people deep..so I told the kids I would buy them a cookie on the way home! :thumbsup2 The park had some halloween decorations up but nothing fancy..my kids loved the sesame street halloween show.

that being said the kids liked it but I thought it was a waste. the park was overcrowded with locals who were just there for the candy and that made the wait times for rides outrageous ( think 120 wait times for shamu harbor rides!) The animals exhibits away from the candy werent that crowded but we couldnt get in to feed the dolphins or the seals..
Hubby was miserable and doesnt want to go back this time.. I promised my son we could go, so I think we are going to go midweek instead of trying to go on the weekend.

Respectifully I strongly disagree! We much prefer Spooktacular over MNSSHP. We love the decorations and there are tons of strolling characters. They have little shows along the trick or treat path. The character interaction is awesome! There IS a dance party and some special Halloween shows.

I really have to wonder when you went, as we go every year and have never experienced anything like what you posted. If you don't want to get candy it is VERY easy to avoid the area. There is no need to "have to wait" to get past those who are collecting candy. (And I have NEVER seen anyone turned away from feeding the seals unless the food hut is closed for the night). Dolphin feeding does fill up, but that has nothing to do with Halloween. It is very popular.

If you do go this year, be aware the Spooktacular events are only held on the weekends.

To those that are looking forward to this event-Sea World has just posted a kids free deal for visits in October(and it includes a 2nd day for free). With a deal like that I don't see how anyone can complain-but I am sure some will LOL. Free kids admission, free candy(on the weekends) and a free second day:woohoo:.

Respectifully I strongly disagree! We much prefer Spooktacular over MNSSHP. We love the decorations and there are tons of strolling characters. They have little shows along the trick or treat path. The character interaction is awesome! There IS a dance party and some special Halloween shows.

I really have to wonder when you went, as we go every year and have never experienced anything like what you posted. If you don't want to get candy it is VERY easy to avoid the area. There is no need to "have to wait" to get past those who are collecting candy. (And I have NEVER seen anyone turned away from feeding the seals unless the food hut is closed for the night). Dolphin feeding does fill up, but that has nothing to do with Halloween. It is very popular.

If you do go this year, be aware the Spooktacular events are only held on the weekends.

To those that are looking forward to this event-Sea World has just posted a kids free deal for visits in October(and it includes a 2nd day for free). With a deal like that I don't see how anyone can complain-but I am sure some will LOL. Free kids admission, free candy(on the weekends) and a free second day:woohoo:.

The combination of the kids half off ticket promotion and the fact that the Halloween Spooktacular festivities are only held on the weekends in October is what has me a bit concerned about the crowds, especially with locals/FL residents that would be drawn to this event since it is on the weekends. Also, in October a lot of school districts have their fall break in early to mid October which brings in more crowds to WDW as well. I think we are just going to skip the Halloween Spooktacular. At this point, we have decided to do MNSSHP and two days at Sea World in September 2012 as a little fall getaway since we just did 8 days at WDW last month and don't plan on doing another full WDW vacation until 2013 or 2014.

[/B]

The combination of the kids half off ticket promotion and the fact that the Halloween Spooktacular festivities are only held on the weekends in October is what has me a bit concerned about the crowds, especially with locals/FL residents that would be drawn to this event since it is on the weekends. Also, in October a lot of school districts have their fall break in early to mid October which brings in more crowds to WDW as well. I think we are just going to skip the Halloween Spooktacular. At this point, we have decided to do MNSSHP and two days at Sea World in September 2012 as a little fall getaway since we just did 8 days at WDW last month and don't plan on doing another full WDW vacation until 2013 or 2014.

As one of those dreaded "locals", I can tell you we enjoy the events on the weekends as well as the park year round. The only time we have found it deadfully crowded is the weekend of Halloween. Darn tourists! LOL

The way Sea World is laid out, you can avoid crowds quite easily. Everything is not close together like in MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter