Seaworld Halloween Spooktacular

I hope its not too crowded, Sunday the 16th is the only day we could fit in Sea World. Oh well, we will make the best of it regardless.

As one of those dreaded "locals", I can tell you we enjoy the events on the weekends as well as the park year round. The only time we have found it deadfully crowded is the weekend of Halloween. Darn tourists! LOL
The way Sea World is laid out, you can avoid crowds quite easily. Everything is not close together like in MK.

I did not mean to come across as condescending in any manner towards those local to Orlando :flower3: I was just trying to get an idea of how the crowd level would be impacted since this is an event that is only held on the weekends; and I've heard that the weekends are popular visit times with Sea World passholders who tend to be FL residents and those local to the Orlando area. I agree with you that a Halloween event is going to be very busy the weekend of/before Halloween. I think this is true for MNSSHP too.

I did not mean to come across as condescending in any manner towards those local to Orlando :flower3: I was just trying to get an idea of how the crowd level would be impacted since this is an event that is only held on the weekends; and I've heard that the weekends are popular visit times with Sea World passholders who tend to be FL residents and those local to the Orlando area. I agree with you that a Halloween event is going to be very busy the weekend of/before Halloween. I think this is true for MNSSHP too.

No offense taken:goodvibes We locals often get a bad rap, so I was having a little fun with it LOL. The weekends do get busier the closer you get to Halloween. We try and go early in the month and do the Trick or treating when it starts at noon. That seems to help a great deal with crowds.:thumbsup2

How are the crowds at Spooktacular days if you only want to do the adult rides and see the regular shows?

Sat, Oct. 22 is the best day in our schedule (and when we're currently planning) to go to Sea World. It's an adult-only trip, so we don't care about the Shamu Harbor rides, trick-or-treating, or special Halloween show. We could swap with our Thursday plans, and though not ideal, we'd probably want to do so if there's really a significant difference in crowds to fight at the regular shows and coasters, and restaurant seating -- we'll probably try for Shark's Underwater Grill.

Thoughts?

How are the crowds at Spooktacular days if you only want to do the adult rides and see the regular shows?

Sat, Oct. 22 is the best day in our schedule (and when we're currently planning) to go to Sea World. It's an adult-only trip, so we don't care about the Shamu Harbor rides, trick-or-treating, or special Halloween show. We could swap with our Thursday plans, and though not ideal, we'd probably want to do so if there's really a significant difference in crowds to fight at the regular shows and coasters, and restaurant seating -- we'll probably try for Shark's Underwater Grill.

Thoughts?

The biggest crowds will be on the Halloween pathway where kids will be getting candy and participating in other Halloween activities. This pathway is almost separate from the park. Its the pathway that leads to the old Ski show stadium so it is totally avoidable to you during the day. You should never need to pass through the Halloween activities. With that said, attendance will be up that day, but nothing you won't be able to deal with. The event also starts at Noon. So if you get there at park opening (9:00) , most of the locals don't get there until a little after noon when the event starts. I would work my way from the back of the park towards the front. Opposite of what I would normally suggest. But because Shamu stadium is near where the event is taking place, it will become a very crowded area the later the day goes.

To start your day, I would see some of the exhibits and possibly shows around the front of the park which would include things like the Roller coaster, "Manta." Also, Dolphin Feeding and the Blue Horizons Dolphin show. The back of the park doesn't open until 10:00am. So take the hour to knock out some front of the park exhibits and shows. Then, I would hurry over to the back of the park to get to the earliest Shamu show available which will probably be either 11:00am or 11:30am. From there work your way back to the front of the park and see the other shows and exhibits along the way. You should be fine. Have a great visit!

EDIT: The Seaworld Orlando Website confirms that the first Shamu show of the day of your visit will start at 11:30. I would definitely try to get to this showing. The other shows will become more crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter