SeaWorld here we come!!

GrumpyFamilyof5

DIS Veteran
Well we finally decided exactly where and what we're doing this short vacation! I hope I didn't make a mistake, because we're NOT going to Disney this trip.:eek: DH wanted something different, said to wait til Christmas for Disney again.
So this is the plan: We're leaving July 1st, going to stay at the Best Western Lakeside, a little worried, but Tripadvisor reviews seem alright. We'll enjoy the pools and sights the first day. Then on the 2nd we're going to SeaWorld for the first time! the kids seem excited, specially DD cause she loves dolphins and such! On the 3rd we're going to drive down to Cypress Gardens. We've always wanted to give it a try because we're big Wild Adventure fans and with this being it's sister park, we'll give it a try! Besides we're hoping the Starliner will be up and running by then. We grew up with Miracle Strip on Panama Beach and really miss it, it'll be great to take the kids on a ride we grew up with!! Of course in the mix of things we're going to eat at Ramono's Macaroni Grill, we've heard it's delious..and we love italian!;) We'll also hit Ruby Tuesday, we love Ruby's and ours locally closed, so this will be a treat.
As far as places to eat while in SeaWorld, does anyone have a suggestions? We're not rich, but do want good food worth the money!:)
So glad it's finally settled and tickets are bought, ressies made, so now I can stop worrying. Glad I could get it off my chest and share with you all!!:)

So this is the plan: We're leaving July 1st, going to stay at the Best Western Lakeside, a little worried, but Tripadvisor reviews seem alright. We'll enjoy the pools and sights the first day. Then on the 2nd we're going to SeaWorld for the first time! the kids seem excited, specially DD cause she loves dolphins and such!

...As far as places to eat while in SeaWorld, does anyone have a suggestions? We're not rich, but do want good food worth the money!:)

We just returned from SeaWorld, and I can tell you that my 8 year olds loved it! Do you realize that your SeaWorld tickets are good for TWO days? After the first day, you stop the "2nd Day" window on the way out and they validate your ticket for another day. I don't even think it has to be the very next day (although that is when we went). Check into the details - it may be within 5 days after the first visit or something like that.

We ate at two great places in SeaWorld. One was the Hospitality Deli. It is counter service, but has a lot of indoor, air conditioned seating. You can get carved turkey, beef, or club sandwiches. They also have beef stew in a bread bowl that I have heard good things about. The sandwiches were served with a side of potato salad and cost $7.29. Not sure on the price of the beef stew. The only kids meal there that I can remember was a hot dog, served with a box of raisins, a bag of chips, and a drink (milk or juice). It was served in a plastic souvie Shamu box. They also have sides of red jello, chocolate pudding, choc. chip cookies with a side of fudge dip, chocolate cake and I can't remember what else. The big plus is that adults get two glasses of free beer!

The other great place we ate was Sharks Underwater Grill. You need reservations and you can't make them until that day. I believe they start taking the ressies at 10:00. We made 12:30 lunch reservations and it was great to get in out of the heat! There are no bad seats there - the booths and tables are terraced so everyone has a great view of the sharks swimming around. My dh and I split one adult meal (shrimp and chicken BBQ - delicious!). I think it was $23, and we each ordered a side salad ($5 each). Again - they were delicious. I got the Citrus Ceasar salad and he got the spinach salad. The kids had pasta, chicken fingers and a hot dog. They served wonderful rolls with an olive oil dip.

One more thing - if your daughter "LOVES" dolphins, I strongly suggest buying the dolphin food. It is really the only way you will get up close to the dolphins. The food is $5/tray (3 or 4 pieces, I think). Buy more than you think you will need. They stop selling it after a certain number of trays. It took my kids a while to stop pulling back whenever a dolphin approached and throwing the food to them. The only way to touch them is to lure them to you with the food. By the time my kids stopped being afraid, we had almost run out of food to give the dolphins. Make sure to get to the "food buying" line early - and DEFINETELY before the Blue Horizons show lets out - then the line gets really long.

Have fun!

We just returned from SeaWorld, and I can tell you that my 8 year olds loved it! Do you realize that your SeaWorld tickets are good for TWO days? After the first day, you stop the "2nd Day" window on the way out and they validate your ticket for another day. I don't even think it has to be the very next day (although that is when we went). Check into the details - it may be within 5 days after the first visit or something like that.

We ate at two great places in SeaWorld. One was the Hospitality Deli. It is counter service, but has a lot of indoor, air conditioned seating. You can get carved turkey, beef, or club sandwiches. They also have beef stew in a bread bowl that I have heard good things about. The sandwiches were served with a side of potato salad and cost $7.29. Not sure on the price of the beef stew. The only kids meal there that I can remember was a hot dog, served with a box of raisins, a bag of chips, and a drink (milk or juice). It was served in a plastic souvie Shamu box. They also have sides of red jello, chocolate pudding, choc. chip cookies with a side of fudge dip, chocolate cake and I can't remember what else. The big plus is that adults get two glasses of free beer!

The other great place we ate was Sharks Underwater Grill. You need reservations and you can't make them until that day. I believe they start taking the ressies at 10:00. We made 12:30 lunch reservations and it was great to get in out of the heat! There are no bad seats there - the booths and tables are terraced so everyone has a great view of the sharks swimming around. My dh and I split one adult meal (shrimp and chicken BBQ - delicious!). I think it was $23, and we each ordered a side salad ($5 each). Again - they were delicious. I got the Citrus Ceasar salad and he got the spinach salad. The kids had pasta, chicken fingers and a hot dog. They served wonderful rolls with an olive oil dip.

One more thing - if your daughter "LOVES" dolphins, I strongly suggest buying the dolphin food. It is really the only way you will get up close to the dolphins. The food is $5/tray (3 or 4 pieces, I think). Buy more than you think you will need. They stop selling it after a certain number of trays. It took my kids a while to stop pulling back whenever a dolphin approached and throwing the food to them. The only way to touch them is to lure them to you with the food. By the time my kids stopped being afraid, we had almost run out of food to give the dolphins. Make sure to get to the "food buying" line early - and DEFINETELY before the Blue Horizons show lets out - then the line gets really long.

Have fun!

Hi, appreciate the info, we can't do the 2nd day. DH is in the military and we're doing the Heroes Salute, which only gives us one day, but we're going to do our best to do as much as we can! I'm sure like most places we can get our hand stamped or something and come back in the evening.
The dolphins sound great, I just might do that. Can you buy them and have one child try to feed so the rest of us can touch the dolphin as well or do they want everyone in the group to buy them?
I've read and heard alot about the Hospitality Deli, we just might have to try it out. The beef stew in the bread bowl sounds great to me, specially with a cold beer! I'm sure it will be refreshing with it being so hot outside;)

Hi GrumpyFamily

I don't remember any minimum on the number of trays of food purchased. We are a family of five (2 adults, 3 kids) and we bought just three trays of food but all of us were allowed to go into the feeding area and touch the dolphins. So yes, I think you would be able to buy just one tray for your family.

A big thank you to your husband (and you!) for all the sacrifices you make. I have heard people comment that they felt the military salute before the Believe show is corny, but I'll tell you that I had tears in my eyes when all the service people stood up. I actually had to turn away from my kids, because if they had asked why I was crying it would have just been too hard to explain...

We had lunch at the Hospitality deli too, my DD was so excited because it was near the Clydesdales horses. Ihad a roast beef sammich and it was delicious, DD had turkey.

Big portions, you could easily split one between 2 people :)

Have fun at Sea World, we are going in August and I booked dinner with Shamu!

Hi GrumpyFamily

I don't remember any minimum on the number of trays of food purchased. We are a family of five (2 adults, 3 kids) and we bought just three trays of food but all of us were allowed to go into the feeding area and touch the dolphins. So yes, I think you would be able to buy just one tray for your family.

A big thank you to your husband (and you!) for all the sacrifices you make. I have heard people comment that they felt the military salute before the Believe show is corny, but I'll tell you that I had tears in my eyes when all the service people stood up. I actually had to turn away from my kids, because if they had asked why I was crying it would have just been too hard to explain...
Thank-you I appreciate it, DH is actually at AT right now, I will tell him your sweet words when he calls home tonight! I can't believe anyone would think a military salute would be corny, though my DH gets a little embarrassed cause he feels he's just doing his job, I like that Seaworld remembers our military, means alot!
Thanks for telling me about the trays, I might get 2 of them. DD loves Dolphins so I know this will be the highlight for her!
Sounds like Hospitality Deli might be the way to go, I can't wait!
Cass I see you mentioned the famous Clydesdales horses, by chance is Dale Jr. car there too? We're huge Nascar fans, actually Jimmie Johnson fans, but love Nascar and any chance to see anything is a big plus to us!!:)
Thanks again all, for the info, appreciated more then you know!:thumbsup2

by chance is Dale Jr. car there too? We're huge Nascar fans, actually Jimmie Johnson fans, but love Nascar and any chance to see anything is a big plus to us!!:)

Maybe "corny" wasn't the word to use. They make the announcement in somewhat of a "theatrical" way. In other words, it's not said casually.

I know you were asking another poster this question, but since I had the pictures handy...

Just outside the Hospitality Deli (yet another reason to eat there):

Number8caronly.jpg

Also, I think the gift shop inside the Hospitality Deli has some No. 8 souvies, but I could be wrong...

Somewhere near the swan boats:

Lowescarwithdad.jpg

Since I am digging out pictures...

Hospitality Deli Roast Beef Sandwich:

SWroastbeef.jpg

Hospitality Deli Club Sandwich:
SWClubSand.jpg

Hospitality Club Chocolate Cake:
SWHospcake.jpg

Hospitality Club Cookies with Fudge Dip:
SWcookiesandfudge.jpg

OMG the 48 car is there, I almost forgot when he drove the Shamu car last season!! We are going to be in heaven!!
Talking about the #8 car though, rumor has it and tomorrow at 11:00am edt, Dale Jr is to confirm if he is going to Hendricks Motorsports!
Yes we're Nascar freaks!!:banana: :goodvibes
Thanks so much for the pics there are great!!:thumbsup2

I know that you and your family are going to have a blast! The military salute, is not corny at all, we appreciate all that you do! Tell your DH to stand tall!:thumbsup2
I didn't enjoy the food at Shark's. It was (IMO) overpriced and not well prepared. There was no taste in any of the 4 dishes we tried. We did enjoy the veiw of the sharks, however! That part was awesome. The deli food was better to me, we also liked the pizza cooked in the fire ovens. Not the best ever, but good for a park. Enjoy and try to stay cool!

I know that you and your family are going to have a blast! The military salute, is not corny at all, we appreciate all that you do! Tell your DH to stand tall!:thumbsup2
I didn't enjoy the food at Shark's. It was (IMO) overpriced and not well prepared. There was no taste in any of the 4 dishes we tried. We did enjoy the veiw of the sharks, however! That part was awesome. The deli food was better to me, we also liked the pizza cooked in the fire ovens. Not the best ever, but good for a park. Enjoy and try to stay cool!

Thank-you appreciate it!! :)

The 48 car isn't there anymore. They bring in other vehicles at different times. The #8 car is only one that I've seen there consistantly. I've see the Ms. Budweiser jetboat there several times.

The 48 car isn't there anymore. They bring in other vehicles at different times. The #8 car is only one that I've seen there consistantly. I've see the Ms. Budweiser jetboat there several times.

What date did you visit the park? This picture was taken 6/7/07. Maybe we just hit it lucky...

Betty

It may have been the weekend before. I really don't remember the date, we are local so I go there often and the car's and boat's aren't alway there. It is normally a luck of the draw if you see other car's other than #8.

I emailed SW Orlando and asked if the #48 car was still there and if it would be there for my visit and they answered back a Big Yes and said for me to enjoy my visit with them and how they always love to hear from visitors. Seemed really nice!;) :)

Just wanted to post one more time before leaving. Will let everyone know how our first time at SW was and will post a pic on the picture post!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend and 4th of July. Will post on the 5th!!
Bye!!:wave2:

:goodvibes :cool1: :banana: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter