SeaWorld here we come!!

We're back! Hard to believe just 3 days can tire you out so much, but it was a good little vacation.
We didn't fit everything into one day as planned, but still did a lot considering we had our 3 kiddies and our DS's(15) best friend in tow!
After collecting our Salute to Hero tickets we entered the park and went straight to Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. Very Fun rides, the older kids loved Kraken and went on it twice and the little ones did Journey twice as the DH and I took turns with each!
We saw the Shamu # 48 car, loved it!! We ate at the Hospitality Deli and was pleasantly surprised, the lines were not to long and the handcarved turkey was great, highly recommended the deli sandwiches there, DH said the handcarved beef was good to. The kids were already wearing me out so the free cup of Bud light really hit the spot! Also took pics of #8 car.
We saw Believe and the look on the kids faces when they saw how big Shamu was, was priceless! It was a very nice show. After they were bugging to go feed the dolphins and though they thought the fish were gross to touch they finally did it and thought they were so cute. And guilty....I loved it! Ever since I was a child and watched Flipper with my grandparents I've always wanted to encounter an Dolphin and finally did! What was really cool is one of them took a fancy to our youngest DS and kept coming up to him and splashing him with his tail, it was so funny!
After that we decided to cool down at the Wild Artic. To be honest(just our opinions), we didn't care for the ride, but we very much enjoyed walking through afterwards. I never realized how big walruses are! We then saw the penquins, cause DD and DS(5) was not leaving without seeing Mumba and Lovelace. LOL
I know we did more, but just can't seem to thing right now. We ended up going back to the hotel about 6 and didn't go back, we were so tired that we went for dinner then swimming, and then to bed!
If anyone has any questions I'd be more then happy to answer if I can.
I do thank all those who helped me in my planning for our first SW trip!
Thanks a bunch, two thumbs way up!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

So glad that you guys had a great time. We were there in June, and you are right, it is hot! Happy that you had fun and made it home safe and sound. If you're like DH and me you will need to go back to work to recuperate from vacation!:laughing:
Joy

Okay, somehow I managed to log in under my DD's account (YIKES), please don't tell her, she will think that her computer has been breached!:rotfl2: Still glad that you had a good time and are home okay!
Joy

Hi GrumpyFam :)

Welcome back, your day sounds like such fun! Iliked the turkey sandwich too, it was big enough to share.

DId you do pets ahoy? that is my favourtie little show, what can I say? I'm a nut.

Sparkle- yes, I understand, it's like you need vacation from vacation!;)

Joy- Thank-you, we got home safe and sound considering I've never seen so many State Troopers on I-10 in all my life!::cop: Crazy drivers,You could tell it was the 4th.:car:

Cass- I actually did share the turkey sandwich with DD, good thing to, it's was plenty! Unfortunately we didn't do Pets Ahoy, I wanted to, but everyone else voted to go back to the hotel. I was tired as well, but I guess I'm the type of person that I could have stayed all day long! Maybe next time.

Thank-you all for your kind words.:)

A month today I'll be at SeaWorld with my DD13 & my sister for some all girl fun :)

Glad you had a great visit, GrumpyFam

We are going on July 30. We are also doing the Hero's Salute, so we only have 1 day. I am trying to decide what shows are a must see. I plan on seeing Believe for sure. Did you happen to see Clyde and Seamore, Blue Horizons, or Odyssea? I can't seem to come up with a touring plan, so any advice would be great.

We are going on July 30. We are also doing the Hero's Salute, so we only have 1 day. I am trying to decide what shows are a must see. I plan on seeing Believe for sure. Did you happen to see Clyde and Seamore, Blue Horizons, or Odyssea? I can't seem to come up with a touring plan, so any advice would be great.
I sure wish I could help you, but all the planning I did ahead of time went down the drain once I got there. We saw Believe, did the rides, but the kids were getting so tired and it was so hot that we feed the dolphins saw the penguins and stingrays then went back to the hotel. I will give you this advice, if you are wanting to ride Kraken and/or Journey to Atlantis, go straight to those after you enter the park because the lines get long fast! When we got done with those we were so glad we did them first the lines were long. Hope you have a great time!!:)

I love the Clyde and Seamore show. The mime is so funny! He just cracks me up. Blue Horizones was better to me than Believe, but I wouldn't want to miss either one. The night Shamu show, Shamu Rocks is awesome. I hope that helps.
Joy

Glad to hear that you had a good time. SeaWorld is a LOT of walking - I don't blame you for going back to the hotel early!

Also glad that the #48 car was still there!

Betty

Maybe "corny" wasn't the word to use. They make the announcement in somewhat of a "theatrical" way. In other words, it's not said casually.

I know you were asking another poster this question, but since I had the pictures handy...

Just outside the Hospitality Deli (yet another reason to eat there):

Number8caronly.jpg

Also, I think the gift shop inside the Hospitality Deli has some No. 8 souvies, but I could be wrong...

Somewhere near the swan boats:

Lowescarwithdad.jpg

Since I am digging out pictures...

Hospitality Deli Roast Beef Sandwich:

SWroastbeef.jpg

Hospitality Deli Club Sandwich:
SWClubSand.jpg

Hospitality Club Chocolate Cake:
SWHospcake.jpg

Hospitality Club Cookies with Fudge Dip:
SWcookiesandfudge.jpg

OMG!!! GIVE ME THOSE COOKIES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter