SeaWorld lineups

AJ1983

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! I havent been to SeaWorld since I was a kid, wondering what to expect in September? Specifically what is the average wait times for the thrill rides? There are 7 in the group but only 2 will be doing thrill rides. Just wondering if we should buy Quick Queue to avoid the others having to wait very long. We dont mind 10 or 15 minute lineups but if it is expected to be 30+ mins for everything, we would gladly purchase QQ.

It depends if you will be there on the weekend or weekday - big difference in wait times. If you will be there Labor Day you will need QQ for sure. I will be there that third week in September and last year during the week it's really slow. I always go at slow times and Mako doesn't open until 10 am when the park opens at 9 am. For the coaster lovers I would say ride Manta then Kraken (which usually opens at 9 am) then Mako at 10 am. That should give you shortest lines. Then they can go with the group to shows and animal interactions then loop back around to other rides later in the day. A good time to ride Mako seems to be during the last Shamu show. I don't care for Wild Artic - it's similar to Star Wars at Disney and really bumpy. I also don't ride that water ride in the back of the park since I don't like getting wet. You don't get super wet but still some people get pretty wet. I would skip the Antarctic ride since the wait is ridiculous unless you get there right when it opens for such a silly ride. I'm sure you can watch on Youtube to see if it is worth it for you. You do have to wait in the non-rider area to see the penguins which can still be awhile but it's worth it. Penguins are so cute.

In April when we travel quick queue is worth it for us for the people in our crew who love thrill rides. The teenagers ride the coasters many times, over and over. Then in the hottest part of the afternoon when the lines for Atlantis are the longest we can ride it multiple times. We Go twice in a week, once with quick queue for rides and once without for shows etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter