Seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular

KBF

DIS Veteran
Came across this video online. If you're interested in seeing what Halloween Spooktacular is all about, then check out this video. It's got some cool clips of events that take place on Spooktacular days. Its a very long video (12 Minutes) but starting at the 7 minute mark, the uploader has some clips of the Shamu day Show "One Ocean". On Spooktacular nights, "Shamu Rocks" is also performed. Shamu Rocks is a just at night show and different than the One Ocean show you will see during the day and in the video. Shamu Rocks is an awesome show. A must see.

The remaining days for Spooktacular are:
Saturday October 15th
Sunday October 16th
Saturday October 22nd
Sunday October 23rd
Friday October 28th
Saturday October 29th
Sunday October 30th

Remember that Spooktacular events and Halloween shows ARE included with park admission. The Park is open until 8:00pm on Spooktacular nights!

And lastly, here is the video. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR_RwzN4fDo

We'll be there next weekend - really excited about the Spooktacular event! Thanks for the info and the video...I'll definitely check it out.

One question I can't seem to get the answer to - are ALL the activities included with park admission? :confused3 For instance, I know there is a cute mosaic craft station and a "make you own dipped apple" stand, but I didn't know if we should plan to bring some extra cash for those activities. Anyone know?

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

We'll be there next weekend - really excited about the Spooktacular event! Thanks for the info and the video...I'll definitely check it out.

One question I can't seem to get the answer to - are ALL the activities included with park admission? :confused3 For instance, I know there is a cute mosaic craft station and a "make you own dipped apple" stand, but I didn't know if we should plan to bring some extra cash for those activities. Anyone know?

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Sorry, I should have added that. Yes, there are some activities that are extra like the make your own dipped apple, but the price is not outrageously expensive. I'm not sure of the exact amount though as I decided not to make a dipped apple (I hate apples lol) but bringing some extra cash is a good idea.

thank you so much for posting the video it surprised DS and myself with all the characters that are out and about. Can't wait to go and enjoy the day.

Thanks for posting this video :thumbsup2. The Halloween Spooktacular festivities look really fun and it is nice that it is included in the park admission. I didn't realize there are so many characters out and about too. Definitely considering this for our trip next year.

Thanks for posting this video :thumbsup2. The Halloween Spooktacular festivities look really fun and it is nice that it is included in the park admission. I didn't realize there are so many characters out and about too. Definitely considering this for our trip next year.

It seems to keep getting better every year! Who knows what new ideas and events will be put on next year for Spooktacular!

It seems to keep getting better every year! Who knows what new ideas and events will be put on next year for Spooktacular!

I don't think my kids would mind missing out on MNSSHP if they got to do two days at Sea World with all the Halloween Spooktacular festivities :laughing:. I know I can't compare the two events, but as much as we love WDW and would want some kind of Disney fix if we went to Orlando next fall for a Sea World trip, it is getting harder for me to justify paying all that $$ for an evening event like MNSSHP when my kids really aren't night owls :laughing:

Really looking forward to this. We'll be there on 10/28. If anyone else is there and they see a mom with two little pirates, on the path wave hello. :wave2:

We will be there tomorrow (the 15th). Im pretty excited to check it out. We did the MNSSHP so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

Do you get much candy? When I looked at You Tube videos it looked like they did one piece at a time (not that I am complaining for something free with a park ticket).

Thanks for posting the video!

We will be there tomorrow (the 15th). Im pretty excited to check it out. We did the MNSSHP so it will be interesting to see how it compares.Do you get much candy? When I looked at You Tube videos it looked like they did one piece at a time (not that I am complaining for something free with a park ticket).

Thanks for posting the video!

Have fun! When you have the chance, please post back on how your day at Sea World goes and how this event compares to MNSSHP. Thanks :thumbsup2

I'm sad to say, the crowds were so bad I would never go to this again. Maybe it's just been our luck. We were at MNSSHP on 10/2 and while the parades, shows, and characters were very busy; the candy lines were not bad and the rides were walk on. There have been other reports of it being much worse. So since MNSSHP seems to vary, I wonder if Sea World's parties will vary.

But it was awful and Sea World was NOT prepared to handle it. We didn't get there until 4:00pm and the parking lot had already been filled (I have never seen that). So they were trying to fill up car places as people left. They directed us wrong and sent us down an isle with no spaces. The roads are all one way and there is no way to go back. So our choices were to go down a row the wrong way or to leave the park and come back in through the entry where there was a LONG line of cars. We ended up going down a row the wrong way (which is a pet peeve of mine) and luckily found a spot quickly. I can't believe this is how they were parking cars! Not to mention, there was a big confrontation with a car in front of us trying to park in a handicapped spot. There was a handipcapped man standing in it saving the spot for his wife. He wouldn't let the car parked there and they were screaming obsenities at each other. I'm not even sure who was more wrong. The woman trying to park in a handicapped place when she wasn't handicapped (but they DID send us down the wrong isle so maybe we were supposed to park in those??) or the man "saving" a spot, where his wife came down the isle the wrong way and sneaked into the spot anyway. Whatever....it was uncomfortable and the rest of us had to wait through this stand off.

So we finally get in and the place is jam packed. Manta ride was at 60 minutes, all the rides in the kiddie area had huge lines. The candy lines were so bad that even my 5 year old was like, ehhh....no way. We did eventually find a couple of candy lines that were short. But mostly it was a huge wait for one piece of candy and just not worth the time.

Also, I have never EVER seen so many rude people in my life. Amongst the long candy lines, there were tons of people who would just walk right up to get their candy. The workers did nothing about that. I actually over heard one woman telling her husband that she just got into a "mom fight". Because some person and told her she didn't need to wait in lines for the candy, she could just walk up and take whatever...so she did. And when she did, a mom had the nerve to yell at her.......I SOOOO wanted to turn around and say, "Are you freaking kidding me??" I don't get why Seaworld did not have anyone directing cues. The poor character employees had the same issues. They were by themselves with no attendant to direct crowds the way Disney does.

In the end, none of us wanted to wait in any of those lines and we all just sat down an hour and a half early to wait for the last Shamu show "Shamu Rocks". THAT was great!

Bad Points:
1. Too crowded and Sea World completely unprepared to deal with that.
2. Too many angry parents in those crowds causing a lot of fights and nasty remarks
3. The candy wasn't that great, not really worth the wait

Good Points:
1. Shamu Rocks was an awesome show!
2. Sea World at night is extremely beautiful
3. The millions of bubbles in the Halloween area was cool
4. Most of the games were worth the price. There is a $5 grab bag one where everyone wins. We did that one and my son got the smallest prize which was a stuffed Shamu. But for $5 at a theme park, it wasn't bad and about what you'd expect at a normal toy store (i.e. it wasn't an overpriced game).

All in all, if the park had not been crowded like it was, I would highly recommend this. It was certainly adorable! I will be curious to see if anyone can post what it's been like on other dates.

crowds.jpg

I'm sad to say, the crowds were so bad I would never go to this again. Maybe it's just been our luck. We were at MNSSHP on 10/2 and while the parades, shows, and characters were very busy; the candy lines were not bad and the rides were walk on. There have been other reports of it being much worse. So since MNSSHP seems to vary, I wonder if Sea World's parties will vary.

But it was awful and Sea World was NOT prepared to handle it. We didn't get there until 4:00pm and the parking lot had already been filled (I have never seen that). So they were trying to fill up car places as people left. They directed us wrong and sent us down an isle with no spaces. The roads are all one way and there is no way to go back. So our choices were to go down a row the wrong way or to leave the park and come back in through the entry where there was a LONG line of cars. We ended up going down a row the wrong way (which is a pet peeve of mine) and luckily found a spot quickly. I can't believe this is how they were parking cars! Not to mention, there was a big confrontation with a car in front of us trying to park in a handicapped spot. There was a handipcapped man standing in it saving the spot for his wife. He wouldn't let the car parked there and they were screaming obsenities at each other. I'm not even sure who was more wrong. The woman trying to park in a handicapped place when she wasn't handicapped (but they DID send us down the wrong isle so maybe we were supposed to park in those??) or the man "saving" a spot, where his wife came down the isle the wrong way and sneaked into the spot anyway. Whatever....it was uncomfortable and the rest of us had to wait through this stand off.

So we finally get in and the place is jam packed. Manta ride was at 60 minutes, all the rides in the kiddie area had huge lines. The candy lines were so bad that even my 5 year old was like, ehhh....no way. We did eventually find a couple of candy lines that were short. But mostly it was a huge wait for one piece of candy and just not worth the time.

Also, I have never EVER seen so many rude people in my life. Amongst the long candy lines, there were tons of people who would just walk right up to get their candy. The workers did nothing about that. I actually over heard one woman telling her husband that she just got into a "mom fight". Because some person and told her she didn't need to wait in lines for the candy, she could just walk up and take whatever...so she did. And when she did, a mom had the nerve to yell at her.......I SOOOO wanted to turn around and say, "Are you freaking kidding me??" I don't get why Seaworld did not have anyone directing cues. The poor character employees had the same issues. They were by themselves with no attendant to direct crowds the way Disney does.

In the end, none of us wanted to wait in any of those lines and we all just sat down an hour and a half early to wait for the last Shamu show "Shamu Rocks". THAT was great!

Bad Points:
1. Too crowded and Sea World completely unprepared to deal with that.
2. Too many angry parents in those crowds causing a lot of fights and nasty remarks
3. The candy wasn't that great, not really worth the wait

Good Points:
1. Shamu Rocks was an awesome show!
2. Sea World at night is extremely beautiful
3. The millions of bubbles in the Halloween area was cool
4. Most of the games were worth the price. There is a $5 grab bag one where everyone wins. We did that one and my son got the smallest prize which was a stuffed Shamu. But for $5 at a theme park, it wasn't bad and about what you'd expect at a normal toy store (i.e. it wasn't an overpriced game).

All in all, if the park had not been crowded like it was, I would highly recommend this. It was certainly adorable! I will be curious to see if anyone can post what it's been like on other dates.

crowds.jpg

We have not had the experience you posted. We go to Spooktacular several times each year. (We have been once so far this year-opening day). Employees were directing the lines, we saw no "fights". There were "lines" but nothing major.

We have seen security and a police dog roaming through the park, so if there had been an issue an employee could not handle they would step in.

I have not ridden Manta, but a 60 minute wait on a weekend seems about right (considering Peter Pan is usually at 90-120 minutes LOL).

Oddly enough we stopped doing the Disney parties when they started overselling them. 60 a person to stand in line for a few pieces of candy was just not worth it to me.

No, we have passes and go to Seaworld often, and while I have seen a 60 minute ride for Manta before, I have never seen crowds like this. However, this IS the first time we have done Spooktacular. I've certainly never seen a parking lot at capacity. It's not like I have unreal expectations. It's a special event so I would it expect it to be busier. But I did not expect that. At the very least, I think it's reasonable to expect them to be able to handle the crowd.

So my question is, was yesterday a freak day that is not typical? Are they busier this year than other years? I would love to try going again if it won't be as bad.

ETA: Sorry I just realised you already went this year. So what in the world was going on yesterday? Maybe I should call Sea World and ask about it. I'd be willing to try again this weekend. But it's an hour and a half drive and I've no desire to go through that same scenario again, lol.

60 a person to stand in line for a few pieces of candy was just not worth it to me.
Oh, there was much more than that yesterday. With the exception of the candy line in the party place area. The sweet tarts candy line was empty, rofl

No, we have passes and go to Seaworld often, and while I have seen a 60 minute ride for Manta before, I have never seen anything like this. However, this IS the first time we have done Spooktacular. I've certainly never seen a parking lot at capacity. It's not like I have unreal expectations. It's a special even so I would it expect it to be busier. But I did not expect that. At the very least, I think it's reasonable to expect them to be able to handle the crowd.

So my question is, was yesterday a freak day that is not typical? Are they busier this year than other years? I would love to try going again if it won't be as bad.

Like I said, we have gone several times for the last 5 years and have not experienced what you posted. I know the kids free promotion is bringing people in. Plus it was a nice Saturday (after the major rain event the previous weekend) in Orlando. So it is possible people who planned to go last weekend waited until this weekend. I do know Saturdays are often more busy (that is year round) than Sundays. We like to go at noon when they start the candy and then do the other events after.

DD LOVES the dance party and the walk around charcters. (Did I mention the dance party? LOL)

Hmmm, maybe I will give it a try again this weekend and see. I could tell that this would have been great if not so crowded.

Bonniec-
Sorry to read about your experience yesterday. It's really disappointing since we plan to be there next Saturday, and I'm not a fan of crowds :rotfl:, especially with rude people who don't play by the same "rules"!

I don't think it would hurt to call someone at SeaWorld just to express your concerns and maybe they have an explanation for why the park was that way yesterday. :confused3 I'd be curious to know what they say - I hope it was just unusally crowded because of the weather (last weekend was awful) etc. Please let us know if you find out anything.

I'm just going to plan for big crowds next weekend and hopefully come up with a plan that will avoid some of the chaos - we're going to arrive as early as possible and plan on doing the trick or treating when it starts at 12. We'll have the "quick queue" passes, so hopefully that will help with some of the ride lines.

My gutt feeling is that it was an unnusual day. I honestly don't think they expected it to be like that. I think if it were normally that busy, there would have been better measures in place.

For those of you that have gone before, can you confirm if you have ever seen the parking lot at capacity?

We go often anyway and that parking lot is usually empty. So when we were coming in, I was all :scared1:! We were actually directed to row #11 which was way up in the front and a preferred area. They were trying to move cars in as people left, which I don't think I have ever seen a theme park do. Clearly they had miscommunication and sent 3 cars (our included) down a row that was full with no way out but to leave the park.

I think I will call them tomorrow and ask because I would like to go again, but only if it's not that bad.

ETA: I just went back and watch that video again from the first post. Was that taken this year? If so, then it must have just been a wierd day because it was NOTHING like that yesterday. If I knew it would be at the crowd level in that video, I would go back in a heartbeat.

My gutt feeling is that it was an unnusual day. I honestly don't think they expected it to be like that. I think if it were normally that busy, there would have been better measures in place.

For those of you that have gone before, can you confirm if you have ever seen the parking lot at capacity?

We go often anyway and that parking lot is usually empty. So when we were coming in, I was all :scared1:! We were actually directed to row #11 which was way up in the front and a preferred area. They were trying to move cars in as people left, which I don't think I have ever seen a theme park do. Clearly they had miscommunication and sent 3 cars (our included) down a row that was full with no way out but to leave the park.

I think I will call them tomorrow and ask because I would like to go again, but only if it's not that bad.

Plus, looking at the video in the first post, it's not anywhere near the same.

I have seen the parking lot crowded to where they were running the shuttle to the lot across the street. But not during Spooktacular. That is more a "summer" thing.

I agree I would be a little frustrated with being told to park in an area with no spots. (I will admit some SW parking people can be a little "challenging").

I hope you are able to go and enjoy the event the way it is "supposed" to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter