Seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular

I believe a poster above mentioned it, but the Spooktacular activities were pretty much rained out the previous weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday. I went those days and there was NO ONE in the park since the weather was horrible. I think it was extra crowded on the day of your visit because you had leftovers who couldn't go the weekend before, plus this weekends crowds. I would give it one more try and see if it gets better. I would also suggest getting there before noon since this is a popular event and it does obviously bring in the crowds. But most of the time, not crowds you experienced. The later in the day you go, the worse it will be.

My gutt feeling is that it was an unnusual day. I honestly don't think they expected it to be like that. I think if it were normally that busy, there would have been better measures in place.

For those of you that have gone before, can you confirm if you have ever seen the parking lot at capacity?

We go often anyway and that parking lot is usually empty. So when we were coming in, I was all :scared1:! We were actually directed to row #11 which was way up in the front and a preferred area. They were trying to move cars in as people left, which I don't think I have ever seen a theme park do. Clearly they had miscommunication and sent 3 cars (our included) down a row that was full with no way out but to leave the park.

I think I will call them tomorrow and ask because I would like to go again, but
only if it's not that bad.

ETA: I just went back and watch that video again from the first post. Was that taken this year? If so, then it must have just been a wierd day because it was NOTHING like that yesterday. If I knew it would be at the crowd level in that
video, I would go back in a heartbeat.

We were there what I think was the same night as you (sat 15th) and had a completely different experience! We live about 20 min from the park, have passes, and go fairly often. We have a baby under 1 so we don't go to do the rides, it's just a nice place to go to get out of the house and walk around and the baby loves watching the fish. Sat night we went to hit the Halloween stuff only & take pics of the baby in her costume.
We arrived just before 6 pm. There were cars parked on the grass and we thought we'd made a mistake by coming if it was that crowded but no problem, we'd leave and go elsewhere. Once we drove further into the parking lot though there were tons of empty spaces. Nobody was parking cars at that hour. We drove all the way to preferred and there were lots of spaces.
When we went in there were more people leaving the park than entering. We went straight to the Halloween area and got a candy bag. We waited no more than 2-3 minutes at the candy/banana/peanut stations. There was only one that had a long line so we skipped it.
We took tons of pics with the characters ( both roaming and stationary) and again, never waited long. There were only 2 families in line in front of us for Shamu, 4 for the mermaid, 1 for the polar bear. By 7:30 we'd done all the Halloween stuff so we left. Shamu's Happy Harbor was busy but I've seen it much worse on a summer day.
I was actually surprised at how uncrowded it was! I went with a friend and her daughter Sunday the 2nd during the day. We hit the Halloween area as soon as it opened & by the time we left it was quite busy (but still manageable), much moreso than last night. I just find it crazy what a different experience you had!
If it's anything like years past, it gets increasingly crowded the closer you get to Halloween. That's why we went last night since the previous weekend the weather was horrible.

Well that figures, lol. 6:00 is when we gave up and sat down for the Shamu show. Where they still directing cars at 6?

Well that figures, lol. 6:00 is when we gave up and sat down for the Shamu show. Where they still directing cars at 6?

Nope, no one in the parking booths and no one directing traffic. The clock in my husband's car tends to be a few minutes slow and it said 5:58 as we were pulling in so maybe the parking attendants stop working at exactly 6 pm? He then forgot something in the car and went back for it so by the time we actually got to the trick or treat area I'd guess it was somewhere between 6:15-6:30. I also didn't look to see what time the Shamu shows were but it seemed to be a little busier (but still far from busy) when we were walking back towards the car so during the shows is probably a good time to go. My guess is that the best times to hit it are either when it first opens at noon (there was already a small crowd waiting at the gate) or in the evening during a Shamu show. In years past it always has gotten busier and busier the closer you get to Halloween so the crowds will probably increase week by week.

Nope, no one in the parking booths and no one directing traffic. The clock in my husband's car tends to be a few minutes slow and it said 5:58 as we were pulling in so maybe the parking attendants stop working at exactly 6 pm? He then forgot something in the car and went back for it so by the time we actually got to the trick or treat area I'd guess it was somewhere between 6:15-6:30. I also didn't look to see what time the Shamu shows were but it seemed to be a little busier (but still far from busy) when we were walking back towards the car so during the shows is probably a good time to go. My guess is that the best times to hit it are either when it first opens at noon (there was already a small crowd waiting at the gate) or in the evening during a Shamu show. In years past it always has gotten busier and busier the closer you get to Halloween so the crowds will probably increase week by week.

Where is the gate you mentioned? Is that where you "enter" the trick or treating path? I've heard you can access it from both ends, but I've also read it's supposed to be a one-way path. :confused3 I think we're going to use the strategy of doing it right when it opens at 12, but I have never done Spooktacular, so I don't know where to go.

Thanks!

Where is the gate you mentioned? Is that where you "enter" the trick or treating path? I've heard you can access it from both ends, but I've also read it's supposed to be a one-way path. :confused3 I think we're going to use the strategy of doing it right when it opens at 12, but I have never done Spooktacular, so I don't know where to go.

Thanks!

When you enter the park, go right. You will pass the ice cream place on the left-keep right and you will see the start of the path with the "gate". (Look for the bubbles LOL)

The past few posts have given me more insight into this event. It seems like October is a popular month for people to visit Disney and Sea World and both MNSSHP and the Halloween Spooktacular require some strategic planning in order to be a step ahead of the crowds. What would your advice be to someone like me who would be flying in from across the country to go to Sea World while this event is taking place and doesn't have the option to come back on another weekend? :) Should I avoid Saturdays and go on Sundays? Get to the park at opening time or arrive in the evening to do the Halloween Spooktacular festivities when a lot of people start leaving the park? Thanks :thumbsup2

The past few posts have given me more insight into this event. It seems like October is a popular month for people to visit Disney and Sea World and both MNSSHP and the Halloween Spooktacular require some strategic planning in order to be a step ahead of the crowds. What would your advice be to someone like me who would be flying in from across the country to go to Sea World while this event is taking place and doesn't have the option to come back on another weekend? :) Should I avoid Saturdays and go on Sundays? Get to the park at opening time or arrive in the evening to do the Halloween Spooktacular festivities when a lot of people start leaving the park? Thanks :thumbsup2

Sundays are always a better bet than Saturdays. Get there at park opening on a Sunday, that way you can experience some shows and exhibits early on before the afternoon crowds come. The thing about Sunday is the crowds don't get there until around 1:00. It is not very crowded in the mornings because people are at church or Sunday brunch. That's why getting there early is your best bet. The Halloween events don't start until Noon, and they become more crowded as the day goes on. Early is always the best option.

I don't think you can access it from both ends. At least I didn't see a way to when I was there. Once we got to the party area, we had to turn around and go back through.

I don't think you can access it from both ends. At least I didn't see a way to when I was there. Once we got to the party area, we had to turn around and go back through.

:confused3

There are TOT stations from the entrance (gate) around the back side of the lake all the way over to the games area. The only place with a "gate" is the entrance. (The do have the area blocked off near the bathrooms and Wild Artic until noon). They were not giving out bags near Wild Artic. The bags had to be picked up at the entrance(near the bubbles).

But you can start anywhere along the route.

Sundays are always a better bet than Saturdays. Get there at park opening on a Sunday, that way you can experience some shows and exhibits early on before the afternoon crowds come. The thing about Sunday is the crowds don't get there until around 1:00. It is not very crowded in the mornings because people are at church or Sunday brunch. That's why getting there early is your best bet. The Halloween events don't start until Noon, and they become more crowded as the day goes on. Early is always the best option.

Thanks again KBF :thumbsup2

When you got to the party zone, did you go back up into the stadium. I know you cant continue from the bottom path because it leads to an employee only area. But you have to go back up through the stadium and then you can continue through to the Wild Arctic area.

I also went this past weekend and can confirm that in addition to starting near the front of the park and working your way to the back, you can also start from the games area behind Shamu stadium and work your way back to the front of the park that way.

We went on 2 different Saturdays. The first week and last week. It was pretty crowded last week. People were cutting in line, left and right. It was a challenge to push a stroller or wheelchair through at the time in the afternoon we were there. We also had to park in the far lot beside the Renaissance.

We went on 2 different Saturdays. The first week and last week. It was pretty crowded last week. People were cutting in line, left and right. It was a challenge to push a stroller or wheelchair through at the time in the afternoon we were there. We also had to park in the far lot beside the Renaissance.

Do you remember about what time you were going through the treat line? I'm still hoping if we do that when it first opens, the crowds won't be too awful.

If there's one thing that drives me crazy, it's people not waiting their turn! :mad: That must have been so annoying! I read a post on Seaworld's facebook page where a lady said there were 2 people handing out candy at a station and everyone in line was waiting for one candy person, so she would walk her kids right up to the other person since there was no line for that person....ummm, OK.

I haven't been, but I'm not so sure how it works, but I know if the directions are not crystal clear, people take it as an opportunity to make their own rules to benefit them! Maybe SW needs to address that issue and make it clear that there's one line per station. :confused3 We'll see...I'm not past saying something to someone, but DH will probably tell me to zip it! :laughing:

Do you remember about what time you were going through the treat line? I'm still hoping if we do that when it first opens, the crowds won't be too awful.

If there's one thing that drives me crazy, it's people not waiting their turn! :mad: That must have been so annoying! I read a post on Seaworld's facebook page where a lady said there were 2 people handing out candy at a station and everyone in line was waiting for one candy person, so she would walk her kids right up to the other person since there was no line for that person....ummm, OK.

I haven't been, but I'm not so sure how it works, but I know if the directions are not crystal clear, people take it as an opportunity to make their own rules to benefit them! Maybe SW needs to address that issue and make it clear that there's one line per station. :confused3 We'll see...I'm not past saying something to someone, but DH will probably tell me to zip it! :laughing:

Last week there was one line per station, and one piece of candy per station. We arrived around 3-ish. 2 weeks before we arrived around 1pm. I found asking questions worked well. Just asked people are you in line. They usually made it pretty clear! Some of the candy lines were crazy LONG!!

For the most part, the actors were pretty humorous. My son was dressed as a jedi and one of the "fish" asked him if a jedi is some kind of sword fish? There was also a school of fish, and the teacher seemed to know what a jedi was, though the rest of the school did not.

Instead of Abby's maze, this year is it a dance party, coloring area and picture area. Someone was down there with animals the first week (a snake and a bird), but didn't see any critters last week.

Coolers less than 14 inches long and I forget how high are now permitted in the park with waters and snack size food items. I took a picture of the sign, but my pics aren't downloaded yet.

The first week, it took us about an hour to work out way through the candy. Last week, it took about 2 hours. We got to know the people in front of us, as we all seemed to keep following in line from stop to stop. It helped cut down on the line jumpers too, as we all said, we are with them.

Hi!!

I am heading down this Saturday with the kiddos! Does anyone know of where i can find the ticket where you buy 1 adult get 1 child free?

Can't wait, the kids have never been :)

Hi!!

I am heading down this Saturday with the kiddos! Does anyone know of where i can find the ticket where you buy 1 adult get 1 child free?

Can't wait, the kids have never been :)

The buy one adult ticket, get a kid's free is only good Nov 1- Dec 25. They are offering buy one adult ticket, kids get 1/2 off through Oct 31. It ends up being $82 for the adult and $37 for kids. No special code needed - just purchase from the SW website. :thumbsup2

Have a good trip - we'll be there Saturday, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter