Second Guessing Room Request at Animal Kingdom Lodge

rstanley

Mouseketeer
Ok…we leave next Friday…and I’m second guessing my original room request at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I asked for Zebra Trail, Uzima Savannah.

But I’m wondering if the Arusha Savannah is just as good as Uzima…and if so maybe I shouldn’t be so specific.

I’m thinking of changing this to one of the following:

1. Zebra Trail, Room with good view of animals (or is this too general?)
  2. Zebra Trail 4th floor (is 5th floor just as good)…I could say 4th or 5th floor
  3. Zebra Trail 3rd, 4th or 5th pod (will they know what I mean with this request?)
I've heard the farther you get from the main lodge the better the view of animals.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

When we did our request we said we wanted zebra trail facing the inner circle. You don't want to be too high up like in the 5th floor. When we got there the CM had a room ready that didn't have our request he was so nice he took a while but he found the room that meet all our request we weren't too far from the main lodge but we had a view of the bird sanctuary too.

When we did our request we said we wanted zebra trail facing the inner circle. You don't want to be too high up like in the 5th floor. When we got there the CM had a room ready that didn't have our request he was so nice he took a while but he found the room that meet all our request we weren't too far from the main lodge but we had a view of the bird sanctuary too.

So you wanted the Arusha Savannah?

Requests are just that, requests. They aren't guaranteed and unless there is a hugely good reason for a request, they only "try" to grant them. The more specific you get (and yes, people do request certain room numbers), the harder it is. It's all based on occupancy and availability.

Single or even two requests like for "adjoining rooms", "connecting rooms", "near elevator", "near lobby", or a certain floor is easier to grant then something with like five or six requests strung together.

Also, requests (this is not directed at the OP) should not be used to request upgrades. If you want an upgrade, you should pay for it so you aren't disappointed if you don't get it. I used to see folks who book standard view rooms "requesting" views of pools or such from their room. We never granted those unless absolutely necessary (ie I'd rather upgrade, if I had to do upgrades due to occupancy, those that DIDN'T ask or were very cool people upon check-in).

I thought the 5th floor was DVC now.

I would leave the request the way you have it. Don't say "good view of animals", they will say all savannah rooms have views of animals.

Requests are just that, requests. They aren't guaranteed and unless there is a hugely good reason for a request, they only "try" to grant them. The more specific you get (and yes, people do request certain room numbers), the harder it is. It's all based on occupancy and availability.

Single or even two requests like for "adjoining rooms", "connecting rooms", "near elevator", "near lobby", or a certain floor is easier to grant then something with like five or six requests strung together.

Also, requests (this is not directed at the OP) should not be used to request upgrades. If you want an upgrade, you should pay for it so you aren't disappointed if you don't get it. I used to see folks who book standard view rooms "requesting" views of pools or such from their room. We never granted those unless absolutely necessary (ie I'd rather upgrade, if I had to do upgrades due to occupancy, those that DIDN'T ask or were very cool people upon check-in).
Thanks for the info:thumbsup2

Our first AK trip we stayed at Arusha rock at the water hole don't remember the room number but if you can find disneypro on the boards she can tell you the room number anyway wonderful room, our second trip we didn't request a room and when we arrived we had a lousy room location, so we asked the front desk for help and they let us wander around the halls and pick the location we liked best ended up with a great room.

We try to keep our requests fairly general- Which "trail" Zebra or Kudu- upper or lower floor. At AKL I think I just requested an upper floor and got Sunset Savanna. It's a beautiful resort and no matter which savanna you are looking out at, there are many lookouts around the resort to all savannas.
Some people prefer the panoramic view of an upper floor, and some like to be lower down and closer to the animals.
It's a beautiful resort. We really enjoyed the evening Cultural Exchange talks and the night viewing of the savannas with the night vision scopes. Very cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter