Seeing Avatar movie before visiting Pandora?

I never saw the movie prior to visiting Pandora. I plan to see it but still haven't. I loved the area and loved FOP and the river ride. Really cool stuff. It completely changes after dark and that was one of the best parts. Great photo ops with photographers, etc.

I bought the DVD and tried to watch it before my trip, I just couldn't get into it.

I saw the movie. It was visually beautiful, but I truly disliked the story (sorry).
It didn't affect my enjoyment of Pandora which I thought was amazing.

I saw the movie. It was visually beautiful, but I truly disliked the story (sorry).
It didn't affect my enjoyment of Pandora which I thought was amazing.
I was ambivalent to the movie. I never understood the cult following myself.

I do think they did a decent job with the land and FOP itself is a great ride. The preshow is tedious however, after the first time anyway.

Closest I can compare would be when we visited US/IOA a few years ago and did teh Harry Potter lands. We hadn't seen any of the movies prior to going, as weird as that sounds. We really enjoyed them and when we got home watched all the movies over the next few weeks. I don't think it detracted at all.

FWIW I think Diagon Alley is better than Pandora personally but then again I had zero expectations going into WOWOHP.

Avatar remains the top movie of all time (depends on how you do the counting). Yes, suitable for 12 year olds.

We rewatched it before our first visit to Pandora last May on opening day.

My reaction was "Wow! I forgot how good that movie is!" There is a reason it is #1.

I would recommend watching it before visiting Pandora if you can. Plus you will have a head start on the sequel movies coming out in a couple years/decades/centuries LOL!

:wizard:

Last edited:
I recommend seeing the movie first. You will appreciate the land and rides all the more. As for the people who don't like the movie, that's their taste, but I think it's very good sci fi, and visually spectacular, of course.

By the way, I don't believe that Pandora is all about FOP. We spent hours exploring and taking pictures in the Valley of Mo'ara, which is even more spectacular at night. We also loved the River ride.

Last edited:

There is a pretty comprehensive trailer available to watch on YouTube. It can at least give you an idea of the plot and characters. And it’s only a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter