Seems like you don’t still need magic bands, correct?

Do you still need to be wearing the Magic Bands to take On-Ride photos? Or can the proximity sensor now "read" your phone if you have the app?

We just got back. The ONLY time we used our bands was park entry, resort room and pool access.

Honestly, with Mobile order for almost all food and no FP, we took our bands off after the turnstiles and put them in our backpack. No need for one if not eating and charging to the room a lot.

Do you still need to be wearing the Magic Bands to take On-Ride photos? Or can the proximity sensor now "read" your phone if you have the app?
If you allow MDE in your phone to access Bluetooth, it’s supposed to pick up photos. I assume it will still work if your phone is buried in your pocket!

My phone will not stay charged if I use it throughout the day. I plan to use MB or cards for as long as those remain viable.

We have battery brick in our backpack. Can charge both our phones easily if they deplete. Usually just leave it plugged in there starting at noon then it's ready all night too.

Can you have two active methods at the same time? I would like us to wear old magic bands on our next trip to tap anywhere necessary, but they won't be able to get long range pictures. If we set our phones to allow bluetooth on the MDE app (don't know how to do that) or get a plastic card as well, can we have two items in use at the same time? I'd like to avoid purchasing new magic bands because we already bought them for our 2020 trip which was cancelled. By the time we go again it will be 2022.

We have battery brick in our backpack. Can charge both our phones easily if they deplete. Usually just leave it plugged in there starting at noon then it's ready all night too.
We've brought a charger the last few years. As you need to use the phone more and more, we found it needed to be recharged mid day.

We just got back. The ONLY time we used our bands was park entry, resort room and pool access.

Honestly, with Mobile order for almost all food and no FP, we took our bands off after the turnstiles and put them in our backpack. No need for one if not eating and charging to the room a lot.

Our first post-covid trip is next week and we are used to using our magic bands to charge all of our food, drinks, and shopping to our bands while in the parks or hotels - can you still use them for that?

Our first post-covid trip is next week and we are used to using our magic bands to charge all of our food, drinks, and shopping to our bands while in the parks or hotels - can you still use them for that?
Yes you can. Magic Bands still function just as well as they did before the introduction of the SmartPhone option.

some restaurants are only allowing mobile orders so make sure you have an additional form of payment with you.

Correct--just save your credit card info to your my disney experience account--no need to carry around another form of payment.
However, I always bring a credit card with me as at times, the band readers have been down.
Still like the MBs as they are easy. It will be interesting on our next trip to try the phone instead of the MB.

However, I always bring a credit card with me as at times, the band readers have been down.
Still like the MBs as they are easy. It will be interesting on our next trip to try the phone instead of the MB.
yes, we had the band readers down at numerous places across the parks too. Another reason why I just took them off once inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter