Selftrade -admin fee

Had a message from Self trade yesterday that they have received my closure form and are waiting to receive the transfer form from Halifax. It will then go ahead, transfer the shares and close the account.
Almost success!! Now just down to Halifax!

Had a message from Self trade yesterday that they have received my closure form and are waiting to receive the transfer form from Halifax. It will then go ahead, transfer the shares and close the account.
Almost success!! Now just down to Halifax!

Now why couldn't they respond with this type of message to my partner and myself (seperate Selftrade accounts). Both of us received the same message:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have received your request for us to close your Selftrade Dealing account. We would like to advise you that we are unable to proceed with your instruction as we require a transfer authority from the other broker.

If you have any further questions regarding this matter or any other aspect of your account please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department on 0845 0700 720.

Yours sincerely

Michael Wilson
Customer Services Manager

Which I read as thank you for your account closure form, please submit new ones after the transfer has occurred.

Iain

This was my reply

''I refer to your request to close your account which was received 9th June 2009.

We are holding this request pending as to date we are still not in receipt of your transfer request from your new Plan Manager.

Once the above has been received and is completed, we will then be in a position to close your account.

If you have any further queries concerning the above matter, please contact Customer Services on 0845 0700 720.''

I suppose the response depended on who opened your letter!!
Not very consistent are they?

got my letter today to say my account had been closed
all i can say is thank goodness lol

:cool1:

hope everyone gets sorted soon

:cool1:

how long did it take from sending your form to self trade? did you change over to halifax?

I got my reply back no more than a day or two after I sent the closure form. Having said that, my case was simple - I had no shares attached to my account and never have done.

I got my reply back no more than a day or two after I sent the closure form. Having said that, my case was simple - I had no shares attached to my account and never have done.

I am in the same situation - no shares in my account. I have sent off my closure form a week ago & haven't heard anything back since.

I haven't received anything back regarding my letters and forms, but have finally had a reply to my email of two weeks ago. This says sorry for the delay in replying, they will arrange a share certificate and send this to me within the next two weeks. Duuhhh.

Don't think they are in full control of what they are doing. Would be lovely if this was the case. However, we all now know that can't be done with European or French stock.

I am therefore awaiting a further response to my return email.

Glad you guys are getting sorted.

how long did it take from sending your form to self trade? did you change over to halifax?

my account was prob easier to close a i never got round to buying the shares

i rang them last sunday and got the letter on thursday

i think sundays are the best day to ring them as they answered straight away , any other day i rang i was holding for over 15 mins

Got my letter from Halifax to say they have contacted Self trade and will take 2-3 weeks to complete so am hoping self trade will count my account as closed now as opposed to when its finalised to avoid the fee.

Hello Lilacgems, like you I have today received my letter from the Halifax. Great to know they seem to know what they are doing.

I have just received a further email from Selftrade talking giberish and contradicting themselves. Just waiting now to see what happens.

Good luck everyone.

Roon

In the end I sold my shares :sad1: and sent off the closure form, I'd left it so late I felt this was probably the quickest option.
Now I must get around to opening the Halifax account and rebuying :headache:

In the end I sold my shares :sad1: and sent off the closure form, I'd left it so late I felt this was probably the quickest option.

In hindsight, I think that may have been the best option.

We live and learn.

Did you have to pay a fee to sell them?

I still have not done anything, does anyone else feel sometimes that they just cannot face doing something at that particular time or is it just me?

Hello Lilacgems, like you I have today received my letter from the Halifax. Great to know they seem to know what they are doing.

I have just received a further email from Selftrade talking giberish and contradicting themselves. Just waiting now to see what happens.

Good luck everyone.

Roon

Ive not heard anything from self trade, hope they received my closure form. if not will they still allow the transfer?

Did you have to pay a fee to sell them?

I still have not done anything, does anyone else feel sometimes that they just cannot face doing something at that particular time or is it just me?

£12.50 and add the ridiculously low price they sold for, at least I got the discounts and the Salon Mickey out of them in March.

and I know exactly what you mean about putting things off, I've recently been diagnosed with Meniere's and it's only now that the medication is starting to kick in that I'm starting to get my life organised again, starting with sorting out this shares problem.

Ive not heard anything from self trade, hope they received my closure form. if not will they still allow the transfer?

Hi, my response from Selftrade is nothing to do with my closure form. I am still not sure if they have got that, these two replies from them are to my emails of four weeks ago. Dreadful isn't it.

Fingers crossed.

Hello, good news I think, and I am sure it will apply to others.

Just had a further email from Selftrade saying

As long as the transfer has been requested by the new broker there will be no annual charge.

So I would assume now it doesn't matter how long the transfer takes, no fee will be charged.

Hope everyone gets sorted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter