Selftrade -admin fee

My 20 shares are now safely in my vantage account with Hargreaves Lansdown. Found them to be very professional and no charges at either end. What a relief!!!!

Now just looking forward to the benefits!!

I set up my Halifax Sharedealing account on Thursday and got my PIN and temporary password in the post today. I followed all the instructions online but it's still saying my account isn't active. So I rang them and they said I've got to send them a copy of my passport or take it into a local branch so they can update me on their CSP system, whatever that might be.
I haven't seen anyone else on here mention this. What a nuisance! I just wanted to set it up, transfer the shares and forget about it!

Having a complete nightmare with this. I also needed to get my local branch to update me on their CSP system but as I live in Jersey and the Halifax is an International Branch they don't have a CSP system. So Halifax UK told me to get the receptionist to fax a certified copy of my passport through to them.
I rang a couple of days later to be told they'd never recd it. Rang the Jersey receptionist who said she couldn't get it to go through on that fax number. I asked her to try again but she said she'd had to destroy the copy of my passport as she couldn't keep something like that, so I needed to come in again & she'd have to post it.
This was only yesterday & I checked with Selftrade today & if they don't receive anything from Halifax by 1st July I'll be charged the £10 and the £40:scared1:
Why does it seem to only be me & Diana that have had to do this?
I keep telling Halifax that their hold up is going to cost me £50 but there's nothing they can do.:headache:
Thank you, rant over, won't have to go to therapy now:laughing:

Having a complete nightmare with this. I also needed to get my local branch to update me on their CSP system but as I live in Jersey and the Halifax is an International Branch they don't have a CSP system. So Halifax UK told me to get the receptionist to fax a certified copy of my passport through to them.
I rang a couple of days later to be told they'd never recd it. Rang the Jersey receptionist who said she couldn't get it to go through on that fax number. I asked her to try again but she said she'd had to destroy the copy of my passport as she couldn't keep something like that, so I needed to come in again & she'd have to post it.
This was only yesterday & I checked with Selftrade today & if they don't receive anything from Halifax by 1st July I'll be charged the £10 and the £40:scared1:
Why does it seem to only be me & Diana that have had to do this?
I keep telling Halifax that their hold up is going to cost me £50 but there's nothing they can do.:headache:
Thank you, rant over, won't have to go to therapy now:laughing:
So sorry to hear you've had such trouble! Aren't we the lucky ones????? When I was told to take my passport etc into the local branch I was also told that if they needed to fax it I should wait until I knew it had been received. If you can do that tomorrow or Monday and ask the Halifax to action it immediately or at least communicate with Selftrade in some way before Wednesday you may be ok. Fingers crossed for you!

Does anybody know at what point we can withdraw the £100 from the Halifax (which we had to put into the account in order to set it up), please?

I withdraw the £100 from the three accounts I setup (my partners, my mothers and my own) just as soon as I had access to the account.

Thank you Iain! My account with the Halifax became active on 17th but it's still saying I only have 0.01p in there. What does that mean? I hate finance (apart from spending money, of course!!) ;)

Apparently my Halifax account was set up without me putting £100 into it. I've checked my bank statements and I never made the transaction which can only mean that I wasn't requested to do so. Can anybody explain this please? I don't want anything to stand in the way of the transfer being completed.

I never did get round to changing my account, now let's see what Selftrade do! I guess £40 will be leaving my account soon - oops! That's an expensive lesson in procrastination! I'll have to make sure I make the most of the shareholder's discount when we go in May!

I never did get round to changing my account, now let's see what Selftrade do! I guess £40 will be leaving my account soon - oops! That's an expensive lesson in procrastination! I'll have to make sure I make the most of the shareholder's discount when we go in May!

Same here ! Am not rich enough to not miss £40 but just could not face doing it, at least this way I get a year to sort ! :rotfl: When I rang them they said payment comes out 1st August.

Snap. Just too busy and lazy to sort it out. Now have one year to do it.

Does anyone know how to put the £10 into your Selftrade account to pay the transfer fee? :confused: I can't find anything that says I can load money into my account from anywhere so I'm a bit confused.

Does anyone know how to put the £10 into your Selftrade account to pay the transfer fee? :confused: I can't find anything that says I can load money into my account from anywhere so I'm a bit confused.

I was told as long as they receive your request before 1st July they will waive the £10 fee

They won't receive my request by 1st July as I haven't had chance to sort it out until now. :sad1: But my partner figured out how to pay in money on the account so I've added £10 and hopefully that's all they'll take... but we'll see. :confused3

Apparently my Halifax account was set up without me putting £100 into it. I've checked my bank statements and I never made the transaction which can only mean that I wasn't requested to do so. Can anybody explain this please? I don't want anything to stand in the way of the transfer being completed.
Just got confirmation from the Halifax that my account is fully set up without having had to put £100 in, which is good news. :thumbsup2

I went for "Plan B" with this and sorted it out remarkably quickly and easily. As I'd been away and hadn't studied the paperwork properly when I came back I was left a little short of time so I gave them a ring and managed to sell my shares and close the account there on then on the phone! I've tried to log in to their website today and got the message "All of your accounts are closed. Please contact Selftrade customer services for further assistance".

So that's a result then, all I need to do now is set up another account and buy some more shares sometime in the next year or so!

I went for "Plan B" with this and sorted it out remarkably quickly and easily. As I'd been away and hadn't studied the paperwork properly when I came back I was left a little short of time so I gave them a ring and managed to sell my shares and close the account there on then on the phone! I've tried to log in to their website today and got the message "All of your accounts are closed. Please contact Selftrade customer services for further assistance".

So that's a result then, all I need to do now is set up another account and buy some more shares sometime in the next year or so!

Good Result Steve.

I also have now heard that my transfer form has been received. My closure form has been received. Confirmation I wont pay the annual fee and also wont pay the £10-00 transfer as they received the items before 1st July.

Hope that is it now.

You watch, Halifax will start charging now, lol:laughing:

read steves post and checked my account - and mine is closed - wooooooo hooooooooooooooo

what a relief!:thumbsup2

Just checked mine, (was waiting for some sort of notification) mine's closed too.
I'll probably rebuy next March with my birthday money, my card is valid until April 2010 if we do go before, I'd be OK to use it wouldn't I ?

Just checked mine, (was waiting for some sort of notification) mine's closed too.
I'll probably rebuy next March with my birthday money, my card is valid until April 2010 if we do go before, I'd be OK to use it wouldn't I ?

I do hope so. I called the other day and sold my shares and closed the account over the phone as left it too late to transfer out. Received a letter in the post today advising that my account has been closed.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter