Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the returning Western Cruisers have copies of your navigators?

Were the dining times staggered or did they got to just one time for each seating?

Were they doing the "Dine and Play" program at late seating?

THANKS!!!

The dining times were not staggared, early dining was 6:00pm and late was 8:30pm. I actually prefer this to the staggard times. Even though everyone had the same times, it still seemed less crowded when waiting for portraits, Guest Services, what ever. With staggared dining it seemed like no matter what time I tried to get something done, there was a line everywhere!

Sorry, not familiar with Dine and Play, plus I had early so can't help there.

Oh, and I have the Navigators but never scanned them. Not sure if I'll have time this week or not since I'm heading out of town this weekend.

I think they might be posted in the FAQ sticky or the Med Cruise sticky.

The dining times were not staggared, early dining was 6:00pm and late was 8:30pm. I actually prefer this to the staggard times.

Oh man....they pushed them back another 15 minutes (had been 5:45 and 8:15 for the last several sailings). So much for getting to the pirate party on time. :sad2:

Just off the May 16th Western Cruise and my my hubby & I, with my parents booked this cruise!!! Very excited. Loads of questions...
Here goes..

Welcome guys

1) Any idea who is offering the best OBC? We are going to transfer to a TA at some point. I'm a bit upset that on the ship they were offering 20% off & $400 OBC BUT this cruise was not included in the med special offer. :headache: We got 10% off & $200 OBC per room. I'm not super happy about this since I know you can book a B2B with $200 per week, equally $400 OBC for the 14 days! I feel like Disney should at least offer that!!!

You got prob the best credit I've seen. DU are offering $100 for cats 7 and lower which you might be able to get as well as what you have. We only have $25 OBC which was from booking online so well done.

2) Anyone know from previous cruises about the weather? I have heard that the WB had good seas but the EB did not. Luck of the draw. I'm a bit concerned that I may be sick for 5 days in a row :sick:

Those are my 2 biggest questions now... more to come later.

As you said EB was not so good as WB but it's worth saying we were told that the EB would have the best weather due to the time of year and the WB the worse so I think its so unpredictable. As for being sick 5 days in a row, drink ginger ale (free with dinner and in restaurants) and take sickness tablets for 2 days before cruising and during cruise just incase. Honestly it works.

All you lucky people just off cruises! God I'm getting impatient waiting! DBF's cars broken down so haven't even been able to pick up my Passporter from my parents (they're in florida) so not happy! Hoping to live vicariously through you all so need details:

Food - favourite things? best things? avoid?
Activities - anything new?

Oh and as for dining times on the EB I think they did staggered but WB did non for some reason

Oh man....they pushed them back another 15 minutes (had been 5:45 and 8:15 for the last several sailings). So much for getting to the pirate party on time. :sad2:

Those are still the mealtimes... 5:45 and 8:15. I have all of the navs but am not back at home yet. If they are not published by the time we get back I will get them up. I have heard the menus had been changed on the Wonder with bad reviews. :rolleyes1: They were to be changed on the Magic as well, not sure when or if they will now.

Anne... I was sorry we did not get a chance to meet you on the last cruise. We had main seating and children along so that makes it difficult, I guess.
You were one of the ones I was looking forward to meeting...:flower3:

Carole

Welcome guys

You got prob the best credit I've seen. DU are offering $100 for cats 7 and lower which you might be able to get as well as what you have. We only have $25 OBC which was from booking online so well done.

As you said EB was not so good as WB but it's worth saying we were told that the EB would have the best weather due to the time of year and the WB the worse so I think its so unpredictable. As for being sick 5 days in a row, drink ginger ale (free with dinner and in restaurants) and take sickness tablets for 2 days before cruising and during cruise just incase. Honestly it works.

The CMs recommend green apples for seasickness. They will bring them to you from room service or you can get them on deck 9 at Goofy's. They worked really well with the ginger ale for my sis and her son when we sailed thru Hurricane Olga in Dec 2007. :thumbsup2

Hi Folks,

Oh, it's so good to hear from folks just getting off cruises. We're on vacation right now at the Outer Banks in North Carolina, but we're longing to be on the MAGIC.

Just wanted to check in again and say, "HI" to everyone. Seems like I haven't been around in quite awhile. I'll work at catching up!

Hope everyone is enjoying a short work week!

Theresa 8-)

The CMs recommend green apples for seasickness. They will bring them to you from room service or you can get them on deck 9 at Goofy's. They worked really well with the ginger ale for my sis and her son when we sailed thru Hurricane Olga in Dec 2007. :thumbsup2

Oh will write that tip down!

Hi Folks,

Oh, it's so good to hear from folks just getting off cruises. We're on vacation right now at the Outer Banks in North Carolina, but we're longing to be on the MAGIC.

Just wanted to check in again and say, "HI" to everyone. Seems like I haven't been around in quite awhile. I'll work at catching up!

Theresa 8-)

Oh I love the outer banks. Studied in Raliegh so popped out there for a family holiday. Its so so pretty!

What was the best food on the May 16? Hard to remember it all, but I did fall in love with the parmesan regianno souffle appetizer and the ricotta creme brule dessert on Golden Mickey night. My favorite thing to do was sit on the balcony together with a little breakfast first thing in the morning. I don't know if anything was new, as this was our first cruise.
We live in the southern outer banks (the area below Ocracoke), so hello to those visiting north of here.
Carole: sorry we missed you as well. Great cruise, wasn't it?

Hi Folks,

Theresa 8-)

Hi Theresa, I am counting the days --9--till my family and I are going to the OBX!!!! cannot wait.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi! I have been really busy with work (that darn work day really is cutting into my disboard time! LOL!), but it should be slowing down soon.

Hope all is well with everyone!!!!

What was the best food on the May 16? Hard to remember it all, but I did fall in love with the parmesan regianno souffle appetizer and the ricotta creme brule dessert on Golden Mickey night. My favorite thing to do was sit on the balcony together with a little breakfast first thing in the morning. I don't know if anything was new, as this was our first cruise.
We live in the southern outer banks (the area below Ocracoke), so hello to those visiting north of here.
Carole: sorry we missed you as well. Great cruise, wasn't it?

Ohhhh the souffle sounds lovely! Oh and I love the ricotta creme brulee

Good morning everyone! The weather is absolutely gorgeous here - I can't believe it! Typical now my cruise buddies have gone home - it wasn't so warm when they were here but we were determined to have a few BBQs - even if we had to wear fleeces! It was so great to see them again and I really hope they find a way to do this WBTA cruise with us :wizard:

Well we're all very quiet over here!

I wish there was something of interest going on over here. Yesterday was the last day of school for the girls. They don't start up again until August 12.

I am going to my sister's house today to help her clean her garage. We'll see how much we get done. She announced yesterday that "yes, she can go on our Disneyland trip" that we have scheduled 6/18-6/20. So we'll be discussing that trip and the trip in October for the Mickey Trick or Treat Party rather then applying all our efforts to her garage cleaning project. :)

I already have plans to meet with MrsMork and DrHug for a meal at DL on the 18th. :banana: Anyone else able to join us?

Linda

Good morning everyone,

We have beautiful sunny weather in Oregon for the past 12 days with more to come. This is very unusual this early in the summer. It was 88 yesterday and headed for 90 today.
I have not beeon posting much because we are still busy cleaning out my moms place. Thank goodness we are about done. Plus visiting her when we can.
Going to be heading back to Florida in late June for a bit. So planning that trip is also taking up a lot of my time.

I havnt had time to go back and read much here so to anybody who is new,
Welcome!!!:goodvibes

Hopefully after our move things will calm down in July and I will be posting more.:thumbsup2

Have a great weekend everyone, mine will be busy painting and weeding out a large flower bed.

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter