Sept 25, 2004 - someone's gotta be coming!

Thanks for the update, Marcy. I just emailed Captain Marvin's to cancel our reservation. I'm sure they have more important things to deal with right now, but it seemed like the polite thing to do, nonetheless...

Now on to Costa Maya! Does anyone know what port the Magic docks at? Since the decision has been made a few days in advance, hopefully any Disney excursions will be all set up and ready to go for our cruise.

eta: Thanks for the great link, mmouse! Since Costa Maya and Cozumel are so close together, maybe we'll either have a late night at Mahahual, or arrive early at Cozumel. Either sounds good to me. :)

I'm just excited to be on the boat - after searching for a new job (current one about to end on 9/30) for a few months now, I just accepted an offer! Hooray! Now I can cruise with my mind completely at ease - and I am totally ready to party. :teeth:

Less than five days to go!!! :hyper:

Thanks everyone for the updates..........I called and was told there will only be excursion information on the ship. :earboy2:

missyoh8

I have barely even starting packing, although I do have a list made. went shopping and bought some new tropical wear. Sis and I were plotting what to wear, when, etc. Costa Maya looks very pretty and the ruins appear to be easier to get to than the Cozumel ones. Only 4 more nights at home!!

Found this information on another thread................for anyone who may not have seen it here are the movies showing this week on the ship

Raising Helen
The Village
Brother Bear
King Arthur
America's Heart and Soul
Pirates of the Caribbean
Princess Diaries 2
The Alamo
Junge Book 2
Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen
Around the Worled in 80 days
Miracle
Finding Nemo
Home on the Range
Mr. 3000

Myself, don't think I will take in any movies. However all my kids loved knowing and are planning on a few each! Maybe a massage or facial could occupy me while they are at the theatre!

missyoh8:earsgirl:

Hi Everyone. I got some interesting news this morning. First of all let me tell you that yesterday when I called DCL the 800 number said that we would substitute Costa Maya for Grand Cayman. But have all read that by now.

Now for the interesting news. This morning I spoke with Debbie (the Palo's and Vista Spa ressie girl) for DCL and said that I already knew we were going to Costa Maya. Well, she stopped me and said that it is very possible that we are in for a change. I asked her to PLEEEEASE tell what the change was, but she wouldn't!! She said it wasn't for sure, but we would be happy with the different port, too.

Sounds interesting and fun. She stressed it wasn't definite but from her view, it looked like we were in for a change.

Take that for what it's worth.
Just get me on the boat and let's go around in circles!

Only 4 more sleeps till the Magic begins!

Heidi

Oh, the tease, the tease!!!

In exactly 3 days, 23 hours, and 15 minutes, I will be standing in line for Palo reservations, followed by eating a huge plate of shrimp at lunch in Parrot Cay (I sure hope they still do that!).

Drool.

Just got my birnbaum's dcl guide 2005 today! it is much more compact than passsporter-will be taking both along with me this saturday! yipeee-are we there yet???????????:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :hyper: :wave2: :yo-yo: :earseek: :wave: (this is how i feel right now!)

O.K. Heidi...................

:wave2:Nice to meet you, I don't think I have seen you here before.

That is so fun and adventurous! I am going to hope that means CC two times! Here's to hoping! ;)

missyoh8
:firefight :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo pirate: pirate:

Sorry...no teens this time...just hubby and me!!!!

I stayed up until 1:00 am packing last night....still have not finished hubby's bag (he works midnights so he will have to go over his clothes today).

Have to work all day today, tonight we finish up the packing and then 5:00 am we head to airport tomorrow!! Spend two days in FL before the cruise and then be at Radisson on Friday night!!!

Hope to see some of you by the pool!!!

As you can see in my Avatar I love surprises....so a new itinerary change is OK with me!!!

MJ

We always go and are planning on it this time. Free drinks, even if watered down (which works fine for us, we're light weights) are still Free! We always enjoy the finger foods and the opportunity to meet some of the officers and crew. We try to take advantage of any "freebees".

So you'll see us there.

Great!

I drink about 2 drinks a year, so I like them full strength when I do get them. :D Now, had i realized before that there are finger foods, I'd have been first in line . . . we never turn down food! :wave:

Is the reception adults only?

Originally posted by MarcyIn Florida
Will anyone be attending the Castaway Club reception? We notmally skip those type of watered-down drinks soirees, but if others here are going, it would be fun. :)

Marcy

My sister and I will be there, too. Since we have late dinner seating I figure it's a good excuse for a snack. And as they say: Free is for me.

Rose

we are on late seating as well, and this party subsitutes for our afternoon call to room service. It always tides us over well, not that we're ever really hungry after the embarkation lunch!

Man, I can't wait for those shrimp!:earseek:

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize it was on embarkation day. We may need to put green mickey heads on our pin lanyards to identify ourselves. :)

I'll be the one with the 2 little princess: princess: , both of whom will be eating a lot of shrimp, to the surprise of all onlookers.

Originally posted by MarcyIn Florida
Thanks for the info! I didn't realize it was on embarkation day. We may need to put green mickey heads on our pin lanyards to identify ourselves. :)
I didn't realize the Castaway Club reception was on embarkation day, either... my notes have it on Monday afternoon, but I was checking the recent Western navigators on Barb's and Dave's sites, and I can't find it on the schedule. Would it be on the Navigator - or, since the reception is by invitation only, would it be unadvertised?

In less than two days we'll be on the plane, Florida-bound!! I'M SO EXCITED!! :tongue:

I just got a call from our airline. We had a flight home out of MCO at 3:00. The airline offered to put us on a 12:45 flight and upgrade us to first class. I happily said yes but am now questioning whether I made the right decision - will we have time to get from the port to MCO and make the flight?

Thanks!
Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter