Sept 25, 2004 - someone's gotta be coming!

Urg. Two CMs told me there has been no change and that the ship is not leaving any earlier.

I guess it doesn't really matter since we will be there early, but the control freak in me likes to know these things. :)

Ugh!!!!!!!

The control freak in me had to call DCL personally and ask. She said DCL had not made any decissions to leave early. Possibly, the CM thought, All Seas is worried about traffic in the area. It actually makes no difference to us either as we will be at the port Friday.

(((((((Just get us on that Mickey Boat)))))))

missyoh8

I just called DCL as well, to see if the CM I reached had any different info. :p According to her, the only planned change to the itinerary was the GC/Costa Maya switch. She didn't even know about the 9/26 Wonder sailing from Ft. Lauderdale.

At least I was able to give her my contact info (cell phone, hotel for Friday night, etc.) so DCL can contact us with any changes. Thank goodness we're flying in tomorrow!

Just get us all on the ship... I don't care (too much) about the rest. :teeth:

DON'T PANIC!!!

First keep in mind that there are a lot of people who work for DCL and information doesn't always flow they way it should. Think about situations at your own jobs when somebody heard something and the next thing you know it's policy.

Second, there is a lot of time between now and Saturday, a least in terms of the changes the hurricane can make. We can only play it one weather advisory at a time.

Third, keep in touch with DCL, there is no way they will be able to stay on top of calling everyone and handle all of the work they have to do keeping up with two in bound and two out bound ships.

Stay calm, stay in touch and all will be well! We'll have a great time toasting the beginning of our trip at the sail away celebration!

Allears-i have said it many times-I think you are the most optimistic person on earth and I feel so comforted by your posts! can't wait to meet you in person! :)

FYI for anyone who hasn't already..call DCL and give them as many phone numbers as possible to get ahold of you. we gave cell phones as well as radisson number. how about a that chant again..."Jeanne Jeanne go away come back in another 40 years!" doesn't rhyme but what the heck! keep praying!
darcy

Through all of this I've been being very positive. Now I need to vent. The last couple of days have gotten a little stressful. No one seems to want to pack. I've dyed my hair twice & now it is ORANGE. Not bright red....ORANGE....really, really, orange. I will be bringing a picture, just in case someone wants proof. If I was going to WDW, I would probably just leave it & happily be mistaken for a character. I just don't think this color goes with my dress for formal night. We were watching TV & I see the hurricanes. So, I decided to get on here & get an up date. Then, I read we might or might not be leaving @ 11-11:15. If this happens, it will give us exactly 10 minutes to get to the boat from the time we are supposed to land. YIPPIE. Okay deep breath. I will just put it in God's hands. Stressing about it won't do any good. Everything will be fine. I'm going to go pack now. Goodnight to all. Good luck to those who are leaving Saturday. Will be thrilled to see all of you on the ship. :wave2:

Mickyezgirl: Take a deep breath, and do leave it in God's very capable hands. He'll get us all through this exciting time. I am looking forward to meeting you. I hope you got my PM.

Hi Tawnya,

Take a deep breath...ummmm.....ummmmm.....ummmm.

OK, as for your hair color. Just come over to our cabin. You'll fit in fine with us other red heads. Come be a Weasley with us. Tee-Hee. :grouphug:

As for freaking out, I think we all have to just let this go where it will go. We could be on a shorter cruise, a longer cruise, one out of a different port, one just as planned, or none at all. Subconsciously, we've prepared ourselves by reading all the posts by DISsers who were on the mystery cruises earlier in the month. We knew this was a possibility. I would be lying if I said that I'm not freaking out right now. Wondering if I should get on my 5:00 p.m. flight to Orlando or not. I'm afraid we'll get to Florida, not be able to get on the boat and spend time hunkered down in a shelter in the path of a hurricane with 2 small children! Not the best parenting technique! But, to spend hours speculating isn't going to do any of us any good. We need to explain to our kids that perhaps, PERHAPS, the plan may change because of weather. Disney would never do anything to put us in harm's way and they know a lot more about the sea than we do so we must trust them. TThey have no control over the weather and they will make it right for us. My kids do much better when they are prepared for alternatives so I've already told them we could be in for a mystery cruise. Well, now they think Scooby Doo and the Gang will be onboard now to solve it! Ah, out of the mouth of babes.

Hold tight, all! I hope to see everyone at Studio Sea tomorrow at 3:15!

Jamie

Just got a call from my TA, as of this 9 am this morning (9/24) DCL is planning business as usual for tomorrow. They said the port acutally has to be cleared by first thing Sunday morning. They did say they are going to try an off load and re-load passengers as quickly as possible and may pull out of port early. They did say if the storm track looks like it is goning to change (right now it's looking toward PC) they may move to Port Evergaldes.

My only concern is that we'll miss the boat becasue of it leaving early. If we don't make it, we WILL be going to WDW for our vacation. That wouldn't be so bad. I just spoke with reservation & she said the storm isn't supposed to hit until Sunday. So, we should be fine....I think I'll exhale when we walk on the ship. Four foxes, as for the hair, :crazy: This little guys color is mild compared to mine. Think 80's, think punk rock, think rainbow brite. I've decided to leave work extremely early today ( I'm working 2 hours) & go work out. I'll feel better & then I can pack. Yes, that's right ladies & gentleman. NO ONE in our household is packed. I was up until 3am repacking my daughter. So sorry, my positive attitude decided to go to bed around 11:30 & is refusing to come back to me. :teeth: I wasn't planning on drinking on the plane, but I think I might just start before we even get to the airport.:drinking1 Can't wait until tomorrow.:sunny:

Don't feel bad -- I went into work an hour late so I could pack everyone's clothes. The rest of my 5 page list isn't packed yet, but at least we'll all be dressed!

Tawnya, I wish you the best of luck tomorrow morning. This is something that we have no control over so just try to relax. (that's what I keep telling myself) Going to exercise is a great idea to help work out some of the stress. And so is having a drinkie for that matter!

I'm sure you will be able to give your boyfriend a big hug tomorrw afternoon!!!

Safe, happy trails.
Jamie
:wave:

Latest News...

I just got off the phone 5 minutes ago with DCL and it is official that the 9/25 Magic is not leaving until 5:00pm MONDAY!!:sad1:
We will be getting 40% off the cruise, $200.00 onboard credit and 25% off your next Disney cruise. They are still in the process of rescheduling all flights that were booked through Disney. She said they will probably have us fly into Fort Lauderdale or Miami on Monday. We will definately not be leaving out of Port Canaveral. I am really sad!!!!!:sad:

I guess the countdown clock at the bottom of my message needs to be changed...

Stay positive everyone. As much as this stinks we will still be cruising in a couple of days, just instead of 7 days of Magic we will have 5 days of Magic. She also said the itinerary will be Costa Maya and Cozumel. Castaway Cay is still in the air!!

Good luck everyone...hope to see you on Monday!!!!!!

In case anyone is only checking this thread, here is what DCL has said, as of noon EST:

We're leaving on Monday out of Port Everglades. You NEED to get in touch with DCL about transfers to Fort Lauderdale because you may not be able to park at PE.

We are only stopping at Costa Maya and Cozumel.

They will give 40% off of the base price of the cruise, a $200 onboard credit per cabin, and 25% off a future cruise.

I hope to see you all there!

Marcy

Just wanted to update you all. Called SWA - airlines are offering changes in flights at no cost. This will be in affect through Sunday. So, if you need to make changes....do so now. SWA has space available. We are still flying in tomorrow-landing @ 10:50. We are taking Mears ($16pp) to Celebration (THEY STILL HAVE ROOMS www.celebrationhotel.com-I found the website from allears-I didn't even know they had a hotel over there. This company has other hotels also. They are closer to Universal-WDW IS SOLD OUT & so are the ones near downtown disney). They offer free shuttle so, we will enjoy two glorious days @ WDW (even if we are in the middle of a hurricane it will be glorious to be in WDW :teeth: with ::MickeyMo ) On Monday, we will take a cab ($20) to one of the WDW hotels that are included in DCL packages. We will be picked up there & taken to the new port. I am posting my cell phone, but please only call if you have an emergency or have updates for us. 410-382-9491 Thanks, Tawnya

BIG FYI-If you have travel insurance, DO NOT CALL them until you are in Florida. If you were given advanced warning (before you left home) by DCL that we we were being postponed. They will not cover any of your expenses. If however, you found out about the delay after you had left your home (causing you to be stranded & in distress), you will be granted the benefits of your insurance. Because I called tonight & we are leaving tomorrow, we missed out on $300 pp per day.:crazy: I will just say what a bunch of crap I think that is. Anyway, tomorrow I will be hugging on my sweetie::MickeyMo. And let's all remember.....It ALL started with a mouse.

Should we change the 3:15 outside Studio Sea meet since the buses don't leave WDW until after 1 pm?

Of course, I hope you are all already in FL, so you probably won't get this, but I can't go to sleep with the winds outside, so I thought I'd do something that feels productive. :)

Well we're waiting out the storm in OKW. Allseas called us at 4 on Friday afternoon to tell us of the delay. We were told to find our own accomadations for Saturday and Sunday nights. Thanks to my sister we were able to call member services and DVC found us a room and let her borrow points to pay for it. I need to call the travel insurance company and find out if anything can be reimbursed. I'll have to call DCL and tell them were we are today if they are open and check on the busses after reading Marcy's post about transfers and the busses tomorrrow. Good luck to everyone trying to say safe in the storm and to those trying to get down here tomorrow.

Rose

hey, don't know if any one is going to be on the boards for a bit, but I do hope all goes as planned from this point on....we are now at the Wyndham in DD, as CRO said "no rooms are available on site at all" (so not true) and we checked out of WL when DCL said everything would go as planned. Crap. Anyway, we will be taking a cab to PORFQ at 1:00 to take DCL busses to Port Everglades tomorrow. Heck, we are getting ready to drink that $200 stateroom credit away!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter