Sept or Nov/Dec

• September 3rd Week

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nov/Dec Starting Day after Thanksgiving

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

ApolloFX

Earning My Ears
Trying to plan an adult trip for me and my wife but I just can’t commit to a time of year, we haven’t been in years so I want to make sure I get it right! I had originally planned on third week of September but the more I research the more I’m concerned about heat/humidity. The time we could go in November would actually be a day or two longer and be the day after Thanksgiving through the next week so leading into December. I’m concerned the crowds will be daunting especially when we first get there the weekend of Thanksgiving if we went during that time. Halloween vs Christmas is a an obvious difference too. Any help or experience would be appreciated!

I went in both time periods before. I definitely think the later fall is nicer.

More details will be helpful. Will you go commando open to close in the parks, or look for a slower more relaxing time? Any pool time? Is good meals a focus? Etc.

Well I prefer the commando approach but my wife likes to kind of see where the day takes her, she’s not an early AM riser. So kind of looking for a vacation somewhere between. Pool time is a plus but not a must. I’m concerned September will be stiflingly hot and November crowds unmanageable.

I'm a great fan of the week after Thanksgiving for Disney. Yes, the weekend right after Thanksgiving will busy but with planning it's not so bad. Examples of planning is to do the Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. Also, the Candlelight Processional in Epcot has a dinner/show package that gets you reserved seating for the show. Do a tour for one of the parks. Visit the deluxe resorts for the holiday decorations to get away from the park for a while. You can resort hop using the monorail.

By Sunday night there's a big difference with the crowds. Then, start enjoying the rides and shows at all the parks. Make sure you take advantage of genie+ and lightning lane.

Last edited:
Late Nov/early Dec is one of our favorite times to go. Seeing the parks all decorated for Christmas is my favorite! The weather is more mild than you'll find in Sept. Avoiding crowds seems pretty impossible at this point, so I would focus on the variables you can control: (general) weather expectations, holiday theme, festivals, etc.

Late September gives you the Food and Wine festival and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party.

Late November / Early December gives you lower crowds after Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations / events / Candlelight Processional. In my own case I have both times booked for later this year. If APs come back I might do both. If not I'll likely cancel the September trip as I believe the offerings during the Christmas season are more plentiful and interesting.

That is a hard one for me. I love food and wine at Epcot so you would miss that but I do love the milder weather and Christmas decorations.

Sept. is going to be hot, like seventh level of hell hot. It is not only going to be humid it is going to rain, probably every day. There is also the possibility of a hurricane, which is always fun. And did I mention it is going to be hot and it's going to rain?

Late Nov/early Dec. will be less hot and it might not rain. Then again, I've been there that time of year and been in the swimming pool. I've also been there that time of year and had to wear a light jacket and it rained. The weather is less predictable that time of year, cause in Sept. it's hot and it's going to rain.

As far a crowds, I'm not sure there is a time right now when it's not crowded. I've been on the tail end of a holiday before (was there starting Easter Sunday this year) and have found the tail end tends to be a little less busy then the front end. Most people take the holidays starting at the beginning.

That is a hard one for me. I love food and wine at Epcot so you would miss that but I do love the milder weather and Christmas decorations.

Sept. is going to be hot, like seventh level of hell hot. It is not only going to be humid it is going to rain, probably every day. There is also the possibility of a hurricane, which is always fun. And did I mention it is going to be hot and it's going to rain?

Late Nov/early Dec. will be less hot and it might not rain. Then again, I've been there that time of year and been in the swimming pool. I've also been there that time of year and had to wear a light jacket and it rained. The weather is less predictable that time of year, cause in Sept. it's hot and it's going to rain.

As far a crowds, I'm not sure there is a time right now when it's not crowded. I've been on the tail end of a holiday before (was there starting Easter Sunday this year) and have found the tail end tends to be a little less busy then the front end. Most people take the holidays starting at the beginning.

So do you think it will be hot and humid in September? :rotfl2:

We are about 50/50 for both on the poll. Each day I tell myself I will commit to one or the other but they really both are good options in different ways…

With the wave of travel picking up I’m afraid Thanksgiving will be brutal particularly Black Friday and that Saturday but I keep reading there is no slow time really anymore. I don’t want to have to wait two hours for some of the best rides.

September seems to be more hurricanes. Late November/December has all the amazing Christmas decorations up.
If it wasn't for Food and Wine, we would always go early December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter