• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Hi, I'm Lizanne living in Seattle in the beautiful PNW. I'm feeling like I'm back on track with my weight loss and healthy living goals. June, July and August were spent going up and down and going thru a sugar binge, despite doing Noom. Well kind of doing Noom, I've been weighting daily and logging my food but that's it.

Goals for September:
Lose 5 pounds
Do Noom every day
Walk 50 miles, which is only about 4000 steps per day, but I really haven't been walking at all since breaking my toe, so that'll be a 1000% improvement.

September does feel like a beginning even tho it is the end of summer and the end of the growing season. I hadn't related this beginning feeling to the start of the school year, but I'll bet that's where it comes from. Thanks again to all you amazing teachers!

Having things die back seems to open up space and help to clear things out, and I am definitely looking for that this September. I'm behind schedule on my goal for 2020 of clearing junk out of the house, so I really need to get after it. I also need to get after clearing the extra weight off of my body. I didn't quite get to my goal of getting back to my June weight by end of August, but it'll happen this week.

This morning Whitehall is not feeling well, she's got a very upset tummy. I'm coming to realize she's a picky eater because things upset her system, so I'm going to go to the pet store after work and have them show me some food for sensitive eaters. She's sleeping in her bed here in the office, not hiding somewhere, so that's a hopeful sign.

I'm going to take Friday off to get a four day weekend and I think I'll got to Port Townsend one of the days, provided Whitehall rebounds. The other days it'll be doing stuff around the house, just like usual. Ugh. I think I'm going to take a week off in late October and do a couple days at the ocean, for a proper "vacation" the kitten should be well settled by then.

Even meal times are odd - I usually cook 4 or so nights a week, but if it's just DH and myself, we tend to eat in the living room in front of the tv. I haven't decided yet if I really like that lol, but it seems strange with just the two of us at the table.

Yeah, we’ve embraced the eating in front of the TV thing, too! (Actually, we were pretty lax here even before DS left, with only the three of us.:rotfl: ) - We’re currently watching Hart of Dixie most nights (though DH probably wouldn’t admit it IRL.)

Yeah, we’ve embraced the eating in front of the TV thing, too! (Actually, we were pretty lax here even before DS left, with only the three of us.:rotfl: ) - We’re currently watching Hart of Dixie most nights (though DH probably wouldn’t admit it IRL.)
I'm seriously considering getting a tv tray.

I am back. Hopefully more often then I was in August. August ended up being a really crappy month. I was lazy. Then these last about 2 weeks has been really bad. My Aunt passed away on the 21st. The was my step dad's sister. She had cancer and knew there was not much time left. Then Monday by grandfather passed away. This is my mom's dad. This one it me hard. It was unexpected. My mom let us know Saturday night that his heart was failing and they new it would not be long. This week is just going to be really bad. This pandemic is making it harder. I have a huge family. My mom is one of 5 and each of them have 2-3 kids. them all us cousins have kids and their is 1 great great grandchild. I don't want to be around so many people and so many that I know that have not social distance. It will be hard. I am usually not much of a crier with this type of stuff but I feel like I am crying at a drop of a hat. I just need to get through this week and it will be better.

Some good news. We bought a treadmill so I should be able to get more work outs in. I love walking on a treadmill. I think because I can watch tv and still get my work out in. It is the best when I get a show that is suspenseful. I forget I am even walking. I have been known to jump and gasp when something scares me while walking. It is kind of funny.

School starts next week for the kids so i am hope with everyone back in a schedule things will get easier.

Oh, piglet, I'm sorry about the deaths in your family! :hug:

Those things are hard at the best of times, but the current situation makes them even harder.

Some good news. We bought a treadmill so I should be able to get more work outs in. I love walking on a treadmill. I think because I can watch tv and still get my work out in. It is the best when I get a show that is suspenseful. I forget I am even walking. I have been known to jump and gasp when something scares me while walking. It is kind of funny.

I totally agree with you on this! Watching TV while walking has really been the motivator for me. I usually reserve certain shows for treadmill time, so I even look forward to it.

I am back. Hopefully more often then I was in August. August ended up being a really crappy month. I was lazy. Then these last about 2 weeks has been really bad. My Aunt passed away on the 21st. The was my step dad's sister. She had cancer and knew there was not much time left. Then Monday by grandfather passed away. This is my mom's dad. This one it me hard. It was unexpected. My mom let us know Saturday night that his heart was failing and they new it would not be long. This week is just going to be really bad. This pandemic is making it harder. I have a huge family. My mom is one of 5 and each of them have 2-3 kids. them all us cousins have kids and their is 1 great great grandchild. I don't want to be around so many people and so many that I know that have not social distance. It will be hard. I am usually not much of a crier with this type of stuff but I feel like I am crying at a drop of a hat. I just need to get through this week and it will be better.

School starts next week for the kids so i am hope with everyone back in a schedule things will get easier.

I"m so sorry for your losses. It makes it extra hard for them to be so close together and at this trying time.

I am so sorry for your losses. These times make things even harder.

So sorry for your losses. :hug:

Sept 1 update
12 year old went to bed at 8 am when having to be up to get ready to go to speech and ot at 9:20. We made a rule that she was not allowed to go to bed and sleep until after 10 pm. She tried to fall asleep a number of times but we kept saying stay awake.
Needless to say I did not get any sleep Monday night other than some light drifting so when I got a nap after getting home from her therapies before DH headed to work.
I didn't have to tell her to get ready for bed tonight or go to bed. She was definently ready. Hopefully we can get her back on a decent schedule so I can get back on a decent sleep schedule myself.

Woohoo - I’m down 6 pounds from my highest quarantine weight.
Woohoo - I’m sticking to my eating plan.
Woohoo - I’m sticking to my workouts.
Woohoo - Today is the official first day of school for teachers and we get to do it from home.
Woohoo - my sons baseball team won the championship game yesterday!

Woohoo I survived my first day of full time mommin’ and full time workin’! Since my little guy will need physical therapy and OT it’ll be in-home. I decided he needed to be home with me full time for a bit until we establish new routines. But I also work full time. So yeah, it’s a balancing act. I need to figure out how to balance it with working out. One thing at a time though :)

I’m so sorry it has been such a rough time for you and your family.

I'm Summer, 55 years old. I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside of NYC. In the winter, I lost 20 pounds on Noom, which I love. During the pandemic, I have managed to maintain my weight loss, and in July, I lost 7 more pounds. I teach Pre-K in an inner city public Pre-K-8th grade school. I am back at school working hard to prepare to teach in the classroom and remotely on camera simultaneously. I have a daughter who is 22 and has worked at Lord & Taylor for 4 years until her store closed. She’s trying to find another job, but so far she’s had no luck. Over the summer, she began online classes at an Art school in NYC for Fashion. An actress and comedian, she performs stand-up comedy on YouTube because all of the night clubs are closed. I’m married to a 61 year-old essential worker, and by the grace of God, he has avoided getting Covid19.

My goal is to survive being a Guinea pig for this experiment of sending kids back to school in the middle of a pandemic.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter