• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Hello! :wave2: It's been a really long time since I've joined in on a WISH challenge! I'm 27 and a new mama to a 3 month old boy. Prior to this I had lost ~80lbs (236.5 to 155-160) but I gained it all back due to fertility issue stresses and then pregnancy. I've lost 30lbs since giving birth and am ready to get back to it.

My goal this month is to close all 3 rings of my Apple Watch 20/30 days! So that's standing up, exercising for 30 minutes, and burning 350 calories. Obviously the end goal is a bit of weight loss but I want to focus more on the fitness stuff this month.
Congratulations on the birth of your child. I too experienced fertility issues. My daughter was conceived via IVF; had a high risk pregnancy; lost my daughter's twin; and had a traumatic birth (emergency C-section). I gained a lot of weight on those fertility shots, but it's okay because I have a wonderful daughter as a result.

Enjoy motherhood! Welcome!

Glad to see so many people participating this month!!

Topic Tuesday ~

This thread is called "New Beginnings" because, for me at least, fall is the real beginning of a new year. Having lived most of my life on the academic calendar (as I know a lot of us here do) that’s always been the fresh start for me, rather than January.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? And if you do feel the same way, what are your “New Years resolutions?”
Sorry, just trying to catch up.

I love the concept. I was in survival mode in the spring, then found some peace and successful weight loss in the summer. Now I'm back in survival mode, but it is more urgent feeling right now. Overwhelmed is the word I use, but it doesn't begin to cover it. So, my New Year's resolution is to figure it all out, readjust, and try to take care of myself in the midst of chaos. I'm hoping that it doesn't take long for us to shut down completely and go fully remote as teaching to students in the classroom and at home simultaneously will be a challenge. My friends are dropping like flies. Those with enough years in are retiring. Some are leaving teaching entirely and plan to begin a new career. Talk about feeling abandoned...and a little jealous. Anyway, I'm stuck without any options except to do my best and pray that this is over sooner than later.

Woohoo, I dropped 2 pounds so I am now one pound lighter than I was in June. My blood sugar numbers have been phenomenal, the last two days they have been down around 100, instead of my old good of being around 120. I think the difference is first, very little refined sugar and second, when I do have sugar I'm having it with fats and protein. As in my current breakfast is two pieces of toast, one with avocado and shrimp and the other with butter and some jam.

On the absolutely not woohoo side, Whitehall has continued to have issues throwing up every three hours and last night started to pass blood when she was trying to poop. She didn't eat or drink yesterday so there really isn't anything left to throw up or poop. I talked to my Vet a couple times and they were still in the monitor mode last night, but said she should be seen if it continues - except they don't have any appointments for over a week and they've got people waitlisted already. I didn't want to go back to the emergency vet because I was angry with them, but did call this morning - if she's stable they wouldn't take her in to see a doctor until 8am, so I'm waiting for one of the other local vets to open in 15 minutes, hoping they'll have an opening. So stressed and worried about her, but holding on to the vision of her playing with the kitten and of two lovely fluffy ladies stretched out in the sunshine on the bench by the front window.

Sorry, just trying to catch up.

I love the concept. I was in survival mode in the spring, then found some peace and successful weight loss in the summer. Now I'm back in survival mode, but it is more urgent feeling right now. Overwhelmed is the word I use, but it doesn't begin to cover it. So, my New Year's resolution is to figure it all out, readjust, and try to take care of myself in the midst of chaos. I'm hoping that it doesn't take long for us to shut down completely and go fully remote as teaching to students in the classroom and at home simultaneously will be a challenge. My friends are dropping like flies. Those with enough years in are retiring. Some are leaving teaching entirely and plan to begin a new career. Talk about feeling abandoned...and a little jealous. Anyway, I'm stuck without any options except to do my best and pray that this is over sooner than later.
I can relate to feeling abandoned, I felt the same when people I'd worked with for 10+ years chose to take the early retirement option and all of a sudden I was alone. Things have reformed and settled back in quickly tho.

:hug: Summer! - I hope the hybrid teaching is easier than you expect, and you get good participation from everyone.

I really can’t blame anyone for leaving if they can, as I gave up subbing this year myself. Staying with the same small group sounds challenging enough, but bouncing from school to school just doesn’t make sense in a pandemic.

And :hug: Lizanne! - It’s so hard when your furry charges are sick, and can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong. I hope they are able to see her soon and she recovers quickly!

Woohoo I have been enjoying a peaceful morning. However in about 30 minutes I am going to make the girls get up for the day. 15 year old and I need to run to town and get a few things including a craft supplies order at Michaels that I placed late last night. Will have to wait for them to ship one item that is not carried in our store. 12 year old needs to be gotten up because I don't need a repeat of Monday night into Tuesday day. Meanwhile I will circle through everything else as I get sections of posts commented on a parenting site I am a member of that is going to be deleteing any posts that have not had any comments in the past 3 years. Some of these are on groups on that site that I monitor and they have important memories or links.

No word yet on what is going on with Whitehall. She's staying at the vet hospital overnight for supportive care, mostly fluids since she didn't drink or eat yesterday. They are going to run some blood tests on her and do an ultrasound and will call me this afternoon with more information. Her vitals were all good and she looks good, she actually looks great, which is confusing but hopefully a good sign. I've never had a cat just be sick, they have all gotten sick at end of life mostly thru kidney issues, so my mind naturally races to potentially losing her which I'm not OK with. It was tough with Mike but I'd known for a couple years it was coming, so it was truly the end whereas this came out of the blue and is the beginning.

Got a lot of the side deck of the house that is the main door we use since it is closest to the driveway cleaned off. Amazing how geting all the laundry and stuff that just got tossed out there helps clear things off. Laundry is in the washer on gentle cycle as there were some blankets and stuff in there (all stuff that instead of cleaning the room when we got our washer and dryer back in early March 15 year old and DH just tossed onto the deck-for now. Hello it's been almost 6 months time to get it cleaned up. Oh yeah I forgot no one is going to do that but me) with a 2 hour soak cycle. Hopefully some things can be saved and what can't will be tossed in the trash. I need to see if I can get the drying rack put together that is in pieces or make DH and 15 year old do that if not that is going in the items to be tossed one of these fall weekends with a run to the landfill or recycling center depedning on what it is. Though what is trash and can be put in the bin will go there.

Didn't get chance to weigh yesterday so I am counting today as my starting weight of the month which is x83.5. The scale is up a bit since I was down into the x60s before being mainly issolated at home, though since last week the scale was in the low x70s and I have patterns on my feet from my crocks (nice diamond shapes) I am thining that a lot of it is water retention which is something I struggle with. So far I have gotten a full 33.8 oz water bottle (plus a little bit because I refill an old one to the rim and when brand new it is not) drank in addition to the one from last night I finished off this morning. Plan is to get at least one more drank after I get home from going and pick up the Michaels order and a few other errands. Just waiting on 15 year old so we can leave

I am thoughly ticked off right now. I ended up loosing over an hour that I could have spent getting threads bumped on the parenting board to save them. When I finally got 15 year olds attention she couldn't help lay the laundry that is going to have to be hand dried out becuase most of it has stains that are going to need to be treated so I don't want to put it in the dryer and set them. The laundry was grossing her out, but can she take and bump threads. Hell No the site hates her. Thanks a lot kid. I am sick and tired of the last name household rules. 1. Mom will do everything 2. If you want to help and do something fine but if mom doesn't act like you killed a bear with your bear hands tore the meat into pieces with your hands and then cooked it with only your breath she is not greatful enough and you don't have to help out again until you feel like it.
DH does not help matters because he hates confrontation so just lets them get by with what they want to do and in the meantime I get to be the mean parent and get no help.
I have the pieces to a drying rack that 15 years old says I tried (bull) but one has electrical tape on one end so couldn'g put it together. That is on the list of things for DH to take care of along with hauling the cooler that we took the end of May to a resort town with us to hold our food for lunch, and an old printer that I am wanting to take into an ink and toner place that will look at and repair if they can if not they will recycle it for us. We can only do electronics recycling twice a year (spring got canceled due to this stupid covid) from households but businesses can recycle at anytime. I need it out of the one toy bin so I can finish cleaning the bin out (wiping out the mess from a gel ball that exploded all over the place_ and start moving toys that are in the other bin to that one and get the matching bin cleaned out. Most of the toys are going to storage but I need to put things together to get the area cleaned up. Good things i am under a deadline because I would be making up a triple batch of cookie dough and eating it all in one setting I am so angry right now at my family.

I don't have a huge WooHoo today, but I am excited that DS is going to be coming home for the long weekend. We moved him to college on August 18th, so it's been a little over two weeks since we've seen him. I was a little nervous with him going away - partly from the whole Covid issues and partly because he's always been my homebody child and he was nervous about meeting people in a new place with all the regulations going on. Well, I don't hear much from him, but he seems to be happy and adjusting well - so that's my WooHoo for today!

Wahoo: Last night I really, really wanted ice cream and instead I had fruit!
Wahoo: DH has been sharing with me a youtube motorcycle gal he follows and I just adore her. She is so excited to be traveling all over the world and I love seeing all the countryside.
Wahoo: The twins will be gone two nights this weekend.

We have fires right now in Mushellshell Co (boarders mine), Wheatland Co (one inbetween), Big Horn (boardering), Rosebud (1 inbetween), Custer Co (2 inbetween) Fergus Co (1 inbetween) and Garfield Co (2 between there and mine) in my area for a total of 10 fires or fire complexes (a complex is 2 or more fires that have grown together). Add this to fires from further out of the area and it means we have smoke and poor air quality. We had ash falling in the part of town to the NE of me.

Sorry to hear about the fires! (I’m assuming you’re in CA then. I thought by your screen name you were in MA.)

I have an aunt in CA as well. She is not near the fires, but mentioned the air quality issues when she emailed.

Stay safe!

I’m thankful for my new time with my honorary niece and nephew. I don’t start supervising virtual school with them until the 14th, but I went over Monday and will go today so their mom can prep for the start of her school year. (She teaches middle school, and will be doing virtual from her classroom.) Today we will be decorating our school binders!

I’m thankful for pumpkin spice season!!! I bought some pumpkin spice ginger snaps Tuesday, and they are delicious! - and under 100 calories for 3 :goodvibes

I am thankful for the official start of the school year for teachers. We are finally starting to get som direction and answers to our questions of how we are supposed to di this nearly impossible job of teaching live & virtual at the same time.

Not really new, but it was a new realization to me this week. I am thankful to have Thankful Thursday’s in this group. The new realization this week is that these Thankful Thursdays have been a key piece in managing my stress and staying positive. They have flowed into all the other days too. When I start to feel overwhelmed with stress, I just start to think of things to be thankful for. I’m not saying it takes it all away. I’m not saying that I haven’t had moments of breakdowns. But overall, I feel like I’ve managed much better than I would have in the past.

523452In

@Summer2018 I just saw your last post in the August thread.

“The beginning is always hard, but this year is proving to be more difficult than usual“.

Great quote!!! I think I have said that multiple times...especially to my family who just goes on as usual and seems to act like they have no idea what I’m busy and slightly stressed out.

I’ve been thinking of you this week, Summer! I hope each days is better than the one before it. And you find your peace and joy amidst the chaos and stress! One day at a time!

I’m currently trying to figure out how the first week is going to work. I have 3 kids that come to school only M & T (the rest of the days are virtual), 3 kids that come only Th & F (the rest of the days are virtual), 3 kids that come M, T, Th, F (only virtual on Wednesday) and 1 kid who is 100% virtual. Not sure how to plan for that the first week or so when going over classroom routines and supplies. Each time I think I have a plan, I realize something doesn’t work for one of the groups of kids. I start to think about whose crazy idea it was for us to teach both live and virtual. (And BTW - still can’t get into our new building). But I keep trying to focus on my circle of control. I’m not going to change those facts, so just have to deal with it. Hopefully I have the worlds most patient 5 year olds this year. ;)

@Summer2018 I just saw your last post in the August thread.

“The beginning is always hard, but this year is proving to be more difficult than usual“.

Great quote!!! I think I have said that multiple times...especially to my family who just goes on as usual and seems to act like they have no idea what I’m busy and slightly stressed out.

I’ve been thinking of you this week, Summer! I hope each days is better than the one before it. And you find your peace and joy amidst the chaos and stress! One day at a time!

I’m currently trying to figure out how the first week is going to work. I have 3 kids that come to school only M & T (the rest of the days are virtual), 3 kids that come only Th & F (the rest of the days are virtual), 3 kids that come M, T, Th, F (only virtual on Wednesday) and 1 kid who is 100% virtual. Not sure how to plan for that the first week or so when going over classroom routines and supplies. Each time I think I have a plan, I realize something doesn’t work for one of the groups of kids. I start to think about whose crazy idea it was for us to teach both live and virtual. (And BTW - still can’t get into our new building). But I keep trying to focus on my circle of control. I’m not going to change those facts, so just have to deal with it. Hopefully I have the worlds most patient 5 year olds this year. ;)
I really feel for you as well. The one thing I have going for me is that every day is the same, a certain amount will be virtual and a certain amount will be in school. The state just raised our numbers from 14 back to our normal 18. 16 is the max for in school. Hopefully I will never get to 16 in school. I worked so hard to properly space 14. There is no more space. So, 4 more will be registered...won't know if they will be in school or virtual.

Today, parents are picking up iPads, so I have a lot of clerical work to do, logging serial numbers, student numbers, etc. This is the only day since August 26th that I will have time to actually get something done. No trainings! Although some of the trainings were absolutely useful, so many were a waste of time. Tomorrow afternoon's is just plain unnecessary, and I will most likely want to stick a fork in my eye. Apparently during yesterday's 2 hour virtual meeting which was supposed to be only 1 hour, I had my "resting witch face" on. One colleague texted, "You need to smile." Another messaged me, "Are you okay?" No, I don't want to smile, and no, I'm not okay. It was 92 degrees in my classroom, I had a million other things to do, and the burdens keep getting heavier. I'm too old to fake it anymore.

I really am trying not to be negative, but I am really feeling the weight of it all, and my director keeps piling it on from her air conditioned office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter