September 2017 Car Rental Watch

Just booked a Full Size Car through Car Rental Savers at Budget. $136.76

September 25 - September 30

Holy cow....finally looks like rates are coming down, just booked a full size through Alamo from 9-9 to 9-17 for $148 out the door. Costco code and AD2365FDN.

I finally got a rate I'm happy with. Alamo 9/2-9/14, standard size car for $241. I thought prices would never come down.

Originally booked with Budget for an Intermediate for 155 from 9/2 - 9/9 then today Alamo finally dropped on Costco to 161 for the same length. I swapped to Alamo after reading horror story on top of horror story about Budget at MCO. We used Alamo last time we went down to Disney in 2016 and it was a breeze, really enjoyed just being able to walk to across the street to the garage, take any car I want from my section, and boom I'm out on the road in minutes.

This morning Alamo was at $167 for my dates and now they are $137. Rebooked with lower rate, I still have one with Budget for $123. Hoping that Alamo comes down a little more. I reallyyyyy prefer Alamo.

This morning Alamo was at $167 for my dates and now they are $137. Rebooked with lower rate, I still have one with Budget for $123. Hoping that Alamo comes down a little more. I reallyyyyy prefer Alamo.

How long is your rental. If it's over a long enough period I'd look at a 14$ difference as peanuts to have a much better customer service experience.

Hertz down again thru AAA website, September 9th thru the 18th, fullsize for $173. The midsize SUV that I booked yesterday at $225 is down to $185. DH says he won't be surprised if I rebook another ten times! Hope so, then the price would be REALLY low!

Hertz down again thru AAA website, September 9th thru the 18th, fullsize for $173. The midsize SUV that I booked yesterday at $225 is down to $185. DH says he won't be surprised if I rebook another ten times! Hope so, then the price would be REALLY low!

Nine more rebookings to go. Same car and website, now $168!

Ohh I didn't realize my last booking with Alamo for an Intermediate included a free upgrade to a Standard size.

Double checked the rates through Costco.

I paid 161 for my Intermediate + Free Upgrade to Standard for 8 days via Costco, if I booked a standard on it's own it was like 211.

Rebooked (again today).. I got an email for a free upgrade, so booked a mid size that upgrades to a standard (which defaults to full size), 9/2-9/12 for $203 with an extra driver with Costco discount. I don't think it will get better than that (but I will still keep looking hahaha!).

Wow, Alamo for my week (9/17-9/24) took a nosedive tonight - WAY down from what it's been all the way up through this morning! I have a full size reserved for $133.47 out the door, using Visa code and $30 coupon (AD2365FDN). VERY happy with that!

Holy cow! I did the Visa code and AD2365FDN on the Alamo site for 9/21-9/28 . Get this....$110 (economy) , 112 (compact), 133 (mid-size) or 134 (full size). best rates I have ever seen for Alamo..awesome...now I'm not sure if I should go for a compact, or midsize or fullsize..3 adults 2 pieces of luggage.

Holy cow! I did the Visa code and AD2365FDN on the Alamo site for 9/21-9/28 . Get this....$110 (economy) , 112 (compact), 133 (mid-size) or 134 (full size). best rates I have ever seen for Alamo..awesome...now I'm not sure if I should go for a compact, or midsize or fullsize..3 adults 2 pieces of luggage.

Just rebooked again with Alamo using that code + costco membership ID and got a midsize for 132 instead of paying 160

just rebooked to use the upgrade coupon and Costco. 9/3 to 9/8, midsize, $138. Wish I could use AD2365FDN, but I guess you need a Saturday night keep?

...Wish I could use AD2365FDN, but I guess you need a Saturday night keep?

Little bit of a disclaimer, since I haven't seen that code before. It looks like a $30/off minimum 5 days. But keep in mind it is a AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Associations) code, so *technically* you need to be a paid member to use it. Will they check at MCO for a membership card? Most likely not...but they could. Would I use it? Personally, no, but I'll leave that up to you.

I didn't know it was that code. I actually used it back in July and didn't have any problems with it. :thumbsup2

I just tried the code and it works if I used the day before my trip which is a Saturday, but not if I use the Sunday. Oh well....

Got a full size with Avis today using carrentalsavers for $140.58. So many cancellations to remember to do. Lol.

Alamo with Visa code and upgrade coupon (AU5059ODT) 9/27 - 9/30 (no overnight Sat and short rental): $118.68

Now to stay tuned and see if we can crack the sub-$100 mark. Lol.

Spoke too soon. had the times as noon to noon. When I changed it to the real times (9:00 am to 5 pm) the price went up to $158. Boooooooo

Last edited:
DH and I are headed down 9/12-9/18 for Disney and Georgia Tech vs. UCF football :cheer2: (Two of our favorite things!) I'm just now thinking we need to get a rental car after pricing Uber/lyft to the stadium. We really only need the car Sat - Mon. I'm new to the car rental price game. Those of you getting good deals using Costco - are you booking through Costco or directly on the car rental site using your Costco membership number? Also, is it typically more expensive if you have different pick-up/drop-off locations? Thanks so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter