**September 2019**

Yikes thanks LOL! We have been the end of October, middle of November and the first week in December but never in September. I would prefer November weather but we can save so much money renting DVC and using the Canadian discount tickets if we go before September 27.

lol it’s insanely hot but totally doable if you avoid the hottest parts of the days, drink lots of water, and take advantage of the AC. I have been going every September for years, and even tho the heat is laughably crazy, it is still a great time :)

lol it’s insanely hot but totally doable if you avoid the hottest parts of the days, drink lots of water, and take advantage of the AC. I have been going every September for years, and even tho the heat is laughably crazy, it is still a great time :)
I think we might take the chance on weather and go in September. We will save over $500 American and in Canadian dollars that's probably thousands more, LOL. (Well it's over $600 Canadian) :). I will have to ask you for some stay cool tips if we book in September!

Hi everyone! We are trying to decide between middle of September or beginning of November this year. For anyone who has been to WDW in September what is the weather like? :)
I have done both. Personally, I prefer September because
- I like NOT packing layers. Weather is no mystery - tanks, shorts, ponchos, done.
- Using a pool is a big part of my kids vaca. November can go either way. I have been in November when it is very nice swim weather and then this last November I was wearing capris and sweatshirts the entire time.
- Lower crowds
- Food and wine (hits early November but not later)

Sadly my fellow September friends, I may be leaving y'all. Something came up at My hubby's work and he can not get off for the entire time we are supposed to go. We would have to cut our trip short three days. So we are checking into changing our dates to August 3rd-10th. I know may be more crowded and even a bit hotter, but that's where being from Alabama comes in handy. I'm sad I won't be in Disney on my actual birthday, but I would rather change the dates and get to stay the extra three days than to be there on my birthday.
Extra 3 days is a good incentive. I post over in that group sometimes and in the fb Aug group. Let me know if you switch and want off the roll call :)

Extra 3 days is a good incentive. I post over in that group sometimes and in the fb Aug group. Let me know if you switch and want off the roll call :)
I sure will. I went ahead and changed my ticker because it's most likely happening. If it does happen that puts me in my 180 days for ADRs.

I have done both. Personally, I prefer September because
- I like NOT packing layers. Weather is no mystery - tanks, shorts, ponchos, done.
- Using a pool is a big part of my kids vaca. November can go either way. I have been in November when it is very nice swim weather and then this last November I was wearing capris and sweatshirts the entire time.
- Lower crowds
- Food and wine (hits early November but not later)
Thanks so much I forgot all about the layers. :) With our 3 kiddos I either pack too many layers or not enough with Novembers unpredictable weather! I think September it is! I will have to let you know our dates once we book!

Oh yeah! Better go make some ADRs!

It's official. Reservations changed, flights changed (and even got a $48.00 credit since one was cheaper) and ADRs made this morning. I was a bit sad I didn't get Beaches and Cream before they close for three months, but I am happy with what I got. Hubby and I may decide to tweak them a bit over the next week or so, but for the most part it's what we wanted. So you can remove me from this roll call and I am officially joining the august roll call..)n the plus side, only 178 days for me now!

It's official. Reservations changed, flights changed (and even got a $48.00 credit since one was cheaper) and ADRs made this morning. I was a bit sad I didn't get Beaches and Cream before they close for three months, but I am happy with what I got. Hubby and I may decide to tweak them a bit over the next week or so, but for the most part it's what we wanted. So you can remove me from this roll call and I am officially joining the august roll call..)n the plus side, only 178 days for me now!

Sad you had to change, but so glad you got what you wanted! Have fun!

Not sure who I think I am but last week I spur of the moment (kind of lol) booked a free dining stay at Boardwalk (!!!!) from September 11-19th. I'm mother of the year - pulling my 12 year old and 5 year old a week into the school year ROFL ROFL

we went November 2017 and weren't slated to go back until November 2020. .but . .here we are LOL

Well, I must be mother of the year, too, because we took our 12 and 15 year old boys out of school after 4 days to go to WDW last year. No regrets! Had a great time and they're doing great at school! It was awesome because we had a 9 day trip, but because of Labor Day they only missed 4 days of school

September 2-7 (hopefully)! Booked ASMovies last night, just hoping I won't have to work Labor Day, but I won't find that out until June/July.

Have you ever walked outside and have the heat/humidity practically push you back in to the room? Have you ever had to change your bra 3 times in a day because it was like the Amazon in there? Have you ever felt the sensation of swimming through soup?

That’s what it is like in September lol

omg hot n humid...but other then world showcase with food n wine....low crowds...going again this sept

Have you ever walked outside and have the heat/humidity practically push you back in to the room? Have you ever had to change your bra 3 times in a day because it was like the Amazon in there? Have you ever felt the sensation of swimming through soup?

That’s what it is like in September lol
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So, since we're all crazy enough to be going to Disney World in September, what are everyone's plans for dealing with the heat? I have a very high tolerance for heat, and I figure as long as I make frequent stops for free ice water and take advantage of air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day (Carousel of Progress will be seeing a lot of me!), I'll be all right.

So, since we're all crazy enough to be going to Disney World in September, what are everyone's plans for dealing with the heat? I have a very high tolerance for heat, and I figure as long as I make frequent stops for free ice water and take advantage of air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day (Carousel of Progress will be seeing a lot of me!), I'll be all right.
We go early, take long breaks to swim/shower (honestly I thought people were joking about the stink but we smelled like the swamp by mid afternoon and needed a shower and clean clothes) then hit the parks again around dinner time. And of course drink every time we saw a spot with ice water.

Frankly, this will he our first September trip. We were there for 8 days at the very beginning of October last year and I was surprised at how warm it still was. DH gets cranky when he's hot so I plan on making this a pretty casual trip with lots of swimming and resort time.

We were there last September, which turned out to be the hottest days of the summer. It was ridiculously hot. We're used to heat & humidity, but it was oppressive. We rope dropped and stayed in the shade as much as we could. We started choosing our next ride based on whether the queue was air-conditioned. Ha! We drank lots of water, but neglected to hydrate on the front end - so this year, I will make sure everyone hydrates well on arrival day (no parks) to start us off well. We will have bottles of water in the room and then get free water at the parks. We also took our time at lunch in air conditioning, and took breaks at the hotel during mid-day. We'd go back to a park in the evenings either for or after dinner.

I had a little handheld fan, but didn't use it because on our no-kids trip, I didn't want to carry anything I didn't have to. This year, we will likely use it, along with the spray bottle/fan we have from a trip a few years ago. I would splash water on my neck in the bathrooms & that helped a lot. Again, I didn't take cooling towels in the parks because I didn't want anything I had to carry. Except for the last day... it was sweltering. I took a small umbrella because I just couldn't take the sun anymore. I used it to shade myself during the worst part of the day when I couldn't get into the shade. I know, I turned into "that lady," but at that point I didn't care.

I was most comfortable when wearing moisture-wicking/athletic clothes vs. regular cotton/poly t-shirts & shorts. I can't do sandals in the parks, so I wore my Converse or Nikes the entire time.

I know it will be hot again this year, and I just keep telling myself it can't be as bad as last year.

My daughter and I just avoid going to the parks in the afternoons for the most part (we are night owls anyway and enjoy being there are night), but other than that, we just kind of deal with it. One thing that always cracks me up about going in September is that it is basically impossible to look good in any pictures lol. You are going to look like a sweaty flushed mess with crazy hair no matter how much effort you put in to looking like you aren't melting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter