**September 2019**

Hi!!! We are going to brave the September heat and are booked off site September 14-16 and at the Poly from September 16-22.:yay: It will be my DH, DS12, DD9, DS6 and myself. I am so excited because I have always wanted to stay at the POLY!:yay: With our 15th wedding anniversary coming up in November my DH suggested now would be a great time to stay there! We are going in September to try and avoid SWGE crowds. We do want to see SWGE but not when it first opens.:scared: Although rumor now has it opening before September 30?

Hi everyone!!! So excited to be joining this group! I just booked yacht club for Sept 27-oct5! Hopped on the last of the free dining so it made it possible for us to stay deluxe!!! I cant wait, it will be me, DH, DD15, DS12, and DD10. We will already have been in Florida for a week to celebrate my dads 80th birthday and the kids will think we are on our way to the airport to go home when we pull into disney! I cant wait to see the looks on their faces!!!

What a fun surprise!

Hi everyone!!! So excited to be joining this group! I just booked yacht club for Sept 27-oct5! Hopped on the last of the free dining so it made it possible for us to stay deluxe!!! I cant wait, it will be me, DH, DD15, DS12, and DD10. We will already have been in Florida for a week to celebrate my dads 80th birthday and the kids will think we are on our way to the airport to go home when we pull into disney! I cant wait to see the looks on their faces!!!
That sounds so fun! I wish I could surprise the kids but I get too excited and can't keep it a secret. :)

Add me to the list! Booked room only at POP for 9/28-10/3, hopefully to see the last Illuminations show. Waiting for them to actually tell us the last day, but wanted to book just in case. My best friend and I will be going, this will be our second girls trip to WDW during F&W. We had a blast in 2017, looking forward to this year and mostly drinking our way around property. Pretty bummed Illuminations is ending, but least I can get to see it one last time.
Added to roll call. I never actually watched Illuminations, my son has an issue with loud noises so we usually skip fireworks. Since we are leaving the oldest two home this time I think we should watch it before it is gone forever.

:welcome:
Hi!!! We are going to brave the September heat and are booked off site September 14-16 and at the Poly from September 16-22.:yay: It will be my DH, DS12, DD9, DS6 and myself. I am so excited because I have always wanted to stay at the POLY!:yay: With our 15th wedding anniversary coming up in November my DH suggested now would be a great time to stay there! We are going in September to try and avoid SWGE crowds. We do want to see SWGE but not when it first opens.:scared: Although rumor now has it opening before September 30?
Yikes - where did you see that rumor?

Looking at plans and all that we want to see/do this trip, we decided to add another non-park day! So now we will be flying in on September 8th and staying through the 21st!!
Updated :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! I am gonna get caught up on this thread but thought I would comment first! My husband and I are thinking of doing a long weekend trip at the end of September for our 10th Anniversary! Really hoping for some good crowds. How are we thinking crowds will be with Star Wars opening probably soon after?
Obviously just an educated guess but I don't think it will make a big impact. September is slower and you will have some people squeezing in a last trip before SWGE and those putting their trips off until SWGE.

We surprised our boys with our first trip. This time they know we are going, but they don’t know when or for how long!

Added to roll call. I never actually watched Illuminations, my son has an issue with loud noises so we usually skip fireworks. Since we are leaving the oldest two home this time I think we should watch it before it is gone forever.

I don't think I can say the name on here but on a DVC rental store's FB page they mentioned a first-quarter earnings call with a disney CFO who stated SWGE should open "later in the fiscal year". They then went on to say Disney's fiscal year ends September 30. I personally don't know if this is just a rumor but the consensus was the source is reliable. I hope they are wrong, LOL. I don't want to be there for the opening. I don't think I could handle the heat and crowds. :)

I don't think I can say the name on here but on a DVC rental store's FB page they mentioned a first-quarter earnings call with a disney CFO who stated SWGE should open "later in the fiscal year". They then went on to say Disney's fiscal year ends September 30. I personally don't know if this is just a rumor but the consensus was the source is reliable. I hope they are wrong, LOL. I don't want to be there for the opening. I don't think I could handle the heat and crowds. :)

I wonder if that comment was about the Disneyland SWGE since that is set to open in June which is later in the fiscal year.....

Hmm.. I hope this is a rumor. It seems crazy they would have FD overlap SWGE opening, but ya never know!

I forgot to ask you to add us to the roll call. We are at the Poly September 16-22. :)
I think I did, but will double check now.

There is another thread on this board in the DVC section "are people trying to avoid Star wars crowds" where one of this boards moderators mentions the phone interview on page 2. I guess Bob Iger corrected the CFO and stated it was the end of the calendar year not fiscal year. :) :)

So, since we're all crazy enough to be going to Disney World in September, what are everyone's plans for dealing with the heat? I have a very high tolerance for heat, and I figure as long as I make frequent stops for free ice water and take advantage of air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day (Carousel of Progress will be seeing a lot of me!), I'll be all right.

We just take our time, drink lots of water and take a lot of ac breaks.

Girl, the only place I put my hair in a bun every.single.day is at Disney. If I don't, I look like Chewy's little sister before noon. There's no point in wearing any makeup besides waterproof mascara, and that's only so you can see I have eyes should I take off my sunglasses. I've tried hats, but I feel like they make me hotter. And I'd worry about losing them on rides. There's no way I'd be taking it off & on... that would just make the hair situation worse.

This. I always pull my hair up and only wear mascara. There is absolutely no point in doing anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter