**September 2019**

We are staying at BLT 9/21 - 9/28 for our niece's first visit. Unfortunately her Dad and stepmom can't make it but that's ok, because she will just get spoiled!

Because of the change in plans I will be changing some ADRs from 7 to 4 or 7 to 3 people depending on the date (my sister is joining for a few days). I will be posting info soon on the cancelled ADR thread if anyone wants to try to coordinate.

Decided, after saying we are definitely skipping MNSSHP this trip, that we are going to MNSSHP 🤪 DH and kid #3 are heading to HHN so I am taking the younger two to MNSSHP.
I had talked to the kids about doing something fun. I priced out some dessert parties but with it costing about the same to go to MNSSHP it seemed like an obvious choice and my daughter wholeheartedly agreed.

Now to brainstorm costume ideas for these two. I have worn costumes a couple times and skipped a couple times. I think I will just go with a Halloween themed shirt for myself.

Welcome to all our new September friends! Also wanted to pop in to wish you guys luck with your Tuesday FP+ selections. Can't wait to hear all about them.

Decided, after saying we are definitely skipping MNSSHP this trip, that we are going to MNSSHP 🤪 DH and kid #3 are heading to HHN so I am taking the younger two to MNSSHP.
I had talked to the kids about doing something fun. I priced out some dessert parties but with it costing about the same to go to MNSSHP it seemed like an obvious choice and my daughter wholeheartedly agreed.

Now to brainstorm costume ideas for these two. I have worn costumes a couple times and skipped a couple times. I think I will just go with a Halloween themed shirt for myself.

That is so exciting! I think a Halloween theme shirt is totally enough, right? I think that's what I'm planning anyway.

My fast pass day was this morning. Had to do some modifying as I went to get the times closer to what I wanted, but managed to do okay.... except for our full day at DAK, which was 60+2. FOP wasn't available till late afternoon, so booked NRJ instead. We will RD FOP anyway. Wanted to try and have all FP done before they do their FP drop, I will try and snag one for FOP then.

Still no 8am-9am FP's available. Wonder if they will leave it all standby till 9am or drop the 8-9am FP's later?

I AM SO NERVOUS FOR TOMORROW. Thanks for the good wishes!!

Good luck for tomorrow.

And we are officially paid off!! If you have a Sams Club card you can buy $500 gift cards for $484. Now it’s time to wait.

I did gift cards from Sam's for most of our package amount. I bought them in the $150 packages of $50 cards online because the discount was just a little bit more. But my last one, I just bought the $500 card because that was all I needed. Bought Memory Maker/Photo Pass and left myself with $1.89 balance on the package. Seemed a little ridiculous to put that on the credit card, but it had to be done.

Here's to being paid off and on the final countdown!

What is everyone doing to pass the time with their last few weeks until their trips??? September 2 feels like it's ages away, and also tomorrow, and there isn't really any planning left to do, so I'm just stewing in my own excitement right now.

What is everyone doing to pass the time with their last few weeks until their trips??? September 2 feels like it's ages away, and also tomorrow, and there isn't really any planning left to do, so I'm just stewing in my own excitement right now.

Same. We have such a busy August (including DH & DS's birthdays) and I'm not trying to wish it away, but I really am excited for our trip. However, I know I will have Post-Disney Depression after we get home, so I also am not in a hurry for it to be over. Tons of mixed feelings. Ha!

I'm actually incorporating DS11 (soon to be 12) in trip planning this time, so I need to sit down with him and work out some details - basically I'm showing him how to plan a Disney trip FIRST, so he can apply it to every other trip in his life. Ha! That's the way it should work, right?!

Same. We have such a busy August (including DH & DS's birthdays) and I'm not trying to wish it away, but I really am excited for our trip. However, I know I will have Post-Disney Depression after we get home, so I also am not in a hurry for it to be over. Tons of mixed feelings. Ha!

I'm actually incorporating DS11 (soon to be 12) in trip planning this time, so I need to sit down with him and work out some details - basically I'm showing him how to plan a Disney trip FIRST, so he can apply it to every other trip in his life. Ha! That's the way it should work, right?!

Well, I still have some mega organizing to do to settle my house before my husband gets home next week. Then for the next month and a half, I will be ordering small things for the trip. Already bought some new outfits, a new swimsuit etc, trying to get my walking up so I won't be so exhausted. Mostly, I kinda just sit back and imagine what the trip will be like LOL I am so excited.

Saturday was our Fast Pass reservation day...I did pretty good, but Flight of Passage was not available. So I went with Na'vi River and will rope drop FOP! Hollywood Studios new tier system was annoying but I knew that going in. Went with Slinky Dog Dash and the Tier 2's, were just fillers basically...lol. It will definitely be interesting to see how that day goes with the opening of Galaxy Edge just one month before. Fingers crossed that either 1. Most people are trying to see Star Wars and we can enjoy the rest of the park or 2. People will wait until it is complete before visiting or 3. That park doesn't hit capacity and we can't get in at all (uggghhhh) I do want to visit Galaxy's Edge, to say I did, but won't wait hours to get in or anything :P
September 26th can't get here fast enough!

FP day is tomorrow and I still can't decide what parks to do which day 😂. I realize I am totally overthinking it at this point but might try to post my two schedules later tonight just so I can get some second opinions!

FP day is tomorrow and I still can't decide what parks to do which day 😂. I realize I am totally overthinking it at this point but might try to post my two schedules later tonight just so I can get some second opinions!
Yea post. May be able to help. I’d say avoid HS on the weekend. Make sure you look at MK closings at 6pm and plan accordingly for that as well.

Yea post. May be able to help. I’d say avoid HS on the weekend. Make sure you look at MK closings at 6pm and plan accordingly for that as well.

That's what I was planning on switching to, HS on a Saturday. Which is one of the things I had planned on trying to avoid this whole time!! But otherwise it means my husband won't be able to ride FOP. I started typing the whole thing out but it got way too long so I think I'm going to gamble and probably regret it later. 😩 It's also our arrival day and we have a 6:30am flight so I'm thinking even if it ends up being super crowded and we can't stay very long, I'd rather "waste" a day there than any other park since there's not as much we want to do there.

That's what I was planning on switching to, HS on a Saturday. Which is one of the things I had planned on trying to avoid this whole time!! But otherwise it means my husband won't be able to ride FOP. I started typing the whole thing out but it got way too long so I think I'm going to gamble and probably regret it later. 😩 It's also our arrival day and we have a 6:30am flight so I'm thinking even if it ends up being super crowded and we can't stay very long, I'd rather "waste" a day there than any other park since there's not as much we want to do there.
Right and hopefully with the one fast pass, the lines for rides will keep it bareable to walk around in.

Today is my last summer college class, so I'm looking forward to having time to catch up on my house cleaning! And I book ADRs next week for my daughter's birthday trip in February. I don't have anything "big" planned, but I have so many little things to do that I've put off all summer (the cat needs to go to the vet for a checkup, my minivan needs an oil change, I need to buy our fall semester textbooks, etc., etc.) that I'll be kept quite busy until my fall college classes start August 19th!

So. Today was the dreaded Tuesday morning FP day. Using the website in incognito mode worked best, but I still had Olaf popping up a lot and could not confirm my first one till 7:17am. The app was useless for me.

Anyway, we’re a party of 6, which I don’t know if that’s considered a lot but we’re used to just the 4 of us. I only checked out SDD availability for 2 days - 60+1 which I knew would have nothing and I was right, and 60+ 6, in which the earliest I could get was 10:25am. Not bad, but I didn’t book it. We’re doing 6am rope drop twice and with the awful tier changes at HS I didn’t feel the need to book any FP there at all.

I got FOP twice. This to me seemed even harder to snag than SDD. Got it for 1:05pm on day 60+4 and 11:25am on day 60+6. These were the EARLIEST times. Surprisingly Expedition Everest was sort of hard to get at a good time, so I didn’t book it. We’ll do it at rope drop.

Every other ride was super available at MK and Epcot, which leads me to believe the crowds are going to be worse at AK and HS than the other 2. I could have booked 7DMT on day 1 (a Saturday, no less)!!!! That’s crazy for how it’s been in the past. I actually didn’t book it because I got it 2 other MK days, no problem.

I already modified some times to get closer together but I’m actually on my way to a local Pittsburgh theme park called Kennywood. I’ll check back later to see what I can change. Good luck to everyone else today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter