September 2022 DisneyFit Exercise Challenge

I feel like confessing my fear of doing a tougher work out gave me the push I needed to finally give it a try. So, I decided to ease into it with a 15 minute Tabata video from Grow with Jo. I followed it up with a 5 minute cool-down on the exercise bike. Usually I feel sore the next morning, but after what I did tonight, I felt sore immediately. 😅 I really have gotten puny. Oh well! Things can only go up from here.

370/700

Are group fitness classes your thing? Before Covid shut things down, you could find group classes like yoga, pilates, aqua aerobics, and bodyweight classes at Coronado Springs Resort. You could also join a yoga class at the All Star resorts, Contemporary, BoardWalk, Grand Floridian, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht and Beach Club, and the Riviera. And best of all, mats and towels were complimentary.

Disney Springs was offering complimentary group fitness classes during January and February of this year, and resort guests at all Disneyland Hotels can join a group class at the Tenaya Stone Spa at the Grand Californian, including "yoga with a view of Disney California Adventure, guided meditation, an obstacle course through Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, paddle boarding in the Grand Californian pool, aqua yoga, awakening yoga, boot camp at California Adventure, Disney Ears yoga, power walking through California Adventure, sound meditation, and stretching". (credit: AllEars)

So if group fitness is your thing, be sure to check the activities schedule at your resort or at Disney Springs.

I am back in town, and hoping to modify my goal for the month to 450 minutes and rejoin the thread.

I had a few minutes to post from the night before I left, managed a couple of walks up there, and got on the treadmill briefly after I got home yesterday:

9/11 - 25 min
9/16 - 30 min
9/17 - 35 min
9/23 - 15 min
-----------------------------
total new minutes = 105
new cumulative total = 310/450

+45

965/900

One of the things at DLR is a before-opening boot camp at DCA. It looked kind of interesting but I’m not in good enough shape to keep up the required pace! There is a power walk that I could do, but honestly, I feel like we get enough walking on a DLR trip as it is. We circled the entire park about three times at Oogie Boogie Bash last weekend.

I am back in town, and hoping to modify my goal for the month to 450 minutes and rejoin the thread.

I had a few minutes to post from the night before I left, managed a couple of walks up there, and got on the treadmill briefly after I got home yesterday:

9/11 - 25 min
9/16 - 30 min
9/17 - 35 min
9/23 - 15 min
-----------------------------
total new minutes = 105
new cumulative total = 310/450
Glad you're back!!!

Here's a fun way to stay active at WDW, but it will cost you!

"Catch a Wave Doing a Little Typhoon Lagoon Surfing

As a city with precisely zero oceanfront property, Orlando may seem like a strange place to go surfing, but that’s exactly what you can do at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. In the hours before the waterpark opens, Disney runs a group surf [session] that’s perfect for learning a new skill, having an unforgettable experience, and getting in a workout all before you even head to the theme parks.

Led by a pro, you’ll go from pop-up to possibly even riding a wave up to 6 feet tall. Plus, there will even be a photographer on hand to capture you in all your aquatic glory, with your photos provided at the end. And don’t worry about getting breakfast beforehand as Disney has you covered there too. Disney World surfing lessons cost $199 per person (including tax)." (from Parksavers blog)

1664162225750.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter