September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

One month to go!

tumblr_ls21w4OlKd1qkmpj8o1_500.gif

Woo Hoo!:cool1::banana::yay:

Also, just an FYI - yesterday I contacted shoreside concierge to move my Palo reservation to the "new" pirate night - Night 2. They told me it was recently updated to At Sea Day - Night 3.

Does anyone have any idea if this is true?
I questioned them and they put me on hold to place a call, came back on the line and are insisting it is Night 3.

I have no idea. I just checked the DCL website. They still show night 2. We also know they update it slowly. Time will tell.

We just booked the 9/29 cruise~our 1st MC!! Any suggestions on transfers from WDW to port?

The most cost effective depends on how many in your group. Disney charges $35 per person each way. Town car companies with either a town car or a van can be cheaper with larger groups. Others prefer to rent a car or van one way to and from the port. It is usually cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking at the port for the rental. Some folks even hire a limo.

We have rented a car one way to and from the port. When we did this we had the car for a couple days before or after the cruise to use around WDW or visit my son in Tampa.

I hope this helps.

Thanks so much. There was some confusion regarding transfers when we booked our cruise. DVC told us to call DCL to arrange transportation. Called DCL and they told us to call DVC. Called DVC back and we had been misinformed. We got it straightened out and are good to go! Thank you again. Any other suggestions/tips for us since this is our first MC? I saw it's too late to order the t-shirts and dress code is same as other cruises. Anything else you can think of we need to know?

Good Morning fellow cruisers :goodvibes
Hope you're all having a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Dreamer - Congrats on the wedding. I'm sure you'll be super busy with the final plans, but have fun with it and enjoy.

I now have my cruise suitcase packed. As well as most of the other bags. We're going on the AutoTrain, so I have a case for that stage of the trip, then we're staying overnight at Cape Canaveral, so I have a bag for that, then the cruise bag(s), then to Disney overnight on Thursday, so a bag for that and an overnight on the AutoTrain home, so a small bag for that. Luckily, there are only 2 of us. I hate having to dig thru one large case for whatever I need, hence the choice for so many bags. It works for us.
I remembered last evening that I had to get out my FE and pack that - good thing I remembered that. Just need to finish up a few of the FE gifts and I think I'll be all ready.
26 days till we leave!! :cool1:

Good Morning fellow cruisers :goodvibes
Hope you're all having a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

Dreamer - Congrats on the wedding. I'm sure you'll be super busy with the final plans, but have fun with it and enjoy.

I now have my cruise suitcase packed. As well as most of the other bags. We're going on the AutoTrain, so I have a case for that stage of the trip, then we're staying overnight at Cape Canaveral, so I have a bag for that, then the cruise bag(s), then to Disney overnight on Thursday, so a bag for that and an overnight on the AutoTrain home, so a small bag for that. Luckily, there are only 2 of us. I hate having to dig thru one large case for whatever I need, hence the choice for so many bags. It works for us.
I remembered last evening that I had to get out my FE and pack that - good thing I remembered that. Just need to finish up a few of the FE gifts and I think I'll be all ready.
26 days till we leave!! :cool1:

Oh my with all those bags no wonder you have to pack so early. :goodvibes

I'm just thinking about what I will need to set aside for packing and what and how many bags we will need. Working on my FE gifts first. I'm getting so excited!!!

Awesome!

And yes, the time is flying! I can't believe in three weeks I'll be getting married. :bride: Where did the time go?!

Best wishes! Very excited for you! I have finally gotten around to finishing the details for our adults only trip. See you on the boat.

Thanks so much. There was some confusion regarding transfers when we booked our cruise. DVC told us to call DCL to arrange transportation. Called DCL and they told us to call DVC. Called DVC back and we had been misinformed. We got it straightened out and are good to go! Thank you again. Any other suggestions/tips for us since this is our first MC? I saw it's too late to order the t-shirts and dress code is same as other cruises. Anything else you can think of we need to know?

Hi, have an extra empty luggage to pack up you gifts!! Enjoy your first Members Cruise. We have been able to attend all but the first one. Michelle

I just got my Cruise Line Documentation in the mail today (9/5/13) so it should be in everyone's hands by the middle of next week. If you don't have it by the 13th, I would call the Cruise Lines Directly.

Counting down the days when I am on the Dream. Got my FE gifts already done and packed in my suitcase.

:beach:

I just got my Cruise Line Documentation in the mail today (9/5/13) so it should be in everyone's hands by the middle of next week. If you don't have it by the 13th, I would call the Cruise Lines Directly.

Counting down the days when I am on the Dream. Got my FE gifts already done and packed in my suitcase.

:beach:

Congrats on getting your cruise documents in the mail. Will have to check when I get home to see if ours have come yet.

Getting the documents just make it seem more real! LOL :cool1:

Now have to start getting all my laundry done so I can start packing. :thumbsup2

Started packing this week. We have a few days in WDW first. Just for fun, we looked up the possibility of going to the 1 Bdrm (which we had last time) from the Studio, because we were panicking that there was no stove top. Never caught that before. Oh well.....Nothing available anywhere! Hey, is the economy better?

Tried on the costume. OMG! :rotfl2::thumbsup2 I haven't had a costume on in years, maybe since trick or treating with my kids! (Now 38 and 28!) Blackmail pictures to come!

Lucky for me, DH is retired, so he is King of the Laundry:laundy:
Shopped yesterday for the final elements for one part of the Ladies' FE gifts. Everyone else is done.

Can't wait. 19 days to go for us!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Deb and Jed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter