September crew... what are you doing?

Pretty sure the survey was sent out to a random selection of guests. That's how surveys usually work.

Update on my DVC rental - looks like my owner is willing to rebook with new renters, so now it's being advertised on David's site. There are a bunch of dedicated rentals being advertised on there though. We shall see if anyone wants it... may see more of these moving once the parks reopen if all goes smoothly with that and if they begin allowing people who don't have them yet to purchase park tickets again.

Update on my DVC rental - looks like my owner is willing to rebook with new renters, so now it's being advertised on David's site. There are a bunch of dedicated rentals being advertised on there though. We shall see if anyone wants it... may see more of these moving once the parks reopen if all goes smoothly with that and if they begin allowing people who don't have them yet to purchase park tickets again.

How were you able to get him to post it...? Are you able to get a refund if someone takes it or is this for a voucher?

How were you able to get him to post it...? Are you able to get a refund if someone takes it or is this for a voucher?

I emailed him asking if there was any way to cancel my reservation and he gave me the option of asking the owner if they would be willing to change the name on the reservation. If so, they list it as a dedicated reservation on their site. I was offered a voucher or a refund minus a $3 per point fee for the change so I went for the latter. Fingers crossed that someone buys my reservation!

I just pulled the plug on our 9/12-16 stay at the Beach Club. As a frequent visitor, I’m ok without parades and fireworks, but not a huge fan of the heat (had September booked from the COVID cancellation promo). I have 5 DVC nights in a Jambo 1-bedroom booked for mid-December, so hoping that one is a go.

Booked at Pop 9/8 - 9/18. No survey as of yet. We're still undecided about going or not. Waiting until the last minute to decide to see how things go.

We canceled our trip starting that was suppose be 9/12 to 9/20. We aren’t sure when or if we’ll schedule next year.

All this is so frustrating! Just needed to vent a bit.... please don't judge and slam me!
We will wait till after the official reopening in July.... and see how things progress in August.
But there is no way I am wearing a mask on vacation! After wearing a mask every day - all day - at work the last 6 weeks.... just NO WAY I am doing this for vacation. Its horrible in the 95 degree heat!! and suffocating!! And just trying to actually talk to people!!! HORRIBLE!! I know you all have your opinions and heaven knows you are more than willing to share those opinions... this is MY opinion.... just wont' wear it!
And then along with everything else.... shorter hours, cancelled experiences, etc, etc..... not paying $$$$$$ all this money to be miserable! WDW is my escape... my happy place... I won't suffer through it!

I still have hope that by Sept things will ease up....... so I will sit tight till August to make a final decision!! Need lots of pixie dust for this one!
No slamming here. But if the mask requirement IS still in effect, either wear it cheerfully or don't go at all, please.

I am currently holding a September ‘Labor Day Week‘ reservation at the Contemporary and am on the fence about deciding to cancel. Considering dining plans cancelled, advanced dining reservations cancelled, and etc has been now cancelled, and the park reservation information has not been release yet, I actually think I will wait a little while longer to make the decision. My heart wants to go , but my brain wants to weigh the value proposition closer in ... maybe after the July folks go for the reopening and provide feedback.

I am currently holding a September ‘Labor Day Week‘ reservation at the Contemporary and am on the fence about deciding to cancel. Considering dining plans cancelled, advanced dining reservations cancelled, and etc has been now cancelled, and the park reservation information has not been release yet, I actually think I will wait a little while longer to make the decision. My heart wants to go , but my brain wants to weigh the value proposition closer in ... maybe after the July folks go for the reopening and provide feedback.
I am in the same state with a Labor Day Week reservation at the Boardwalk Inn - awaiting more information about theme park reservations, room reservation, dining, etc. Plus, the information from Florida seems like the reopening measures are being scaled back because of recent spikes in cases. I would like to hold on to my reservation, but the not knowing of the things above is driving me nuts at approximately 80 days out. It might be easier for my psyche to just cancel this re-scheduled vacation from May.

I am in the same state with a Labor Day Week reservation at the Boardwalk Inn - awaiting more information about theme park reservations, room reservation, dining, etc. Plus, the information from Florida seems like the reopening measures are being scaled back because of recent spikes in cases. I would like to hold on to my reservation, but the not knowing of the things above is driving me nuts at approximately 80 days out. It might be easier for my psyche to just cancel this re-scheduled vacation from May.

I am right with you on the psyche part. I keep scanning for any new tid bit of Additional news or information So I can put it on either the Pro or Con scales. I enjoy the planning part of my journeys to the World , and the dynamics are sometimes hard for my ‘planner brain‘ to process. Although, keep making excuses to myself about how it is still ‘OK’ to go, like ‘It Is Ok there are no fireworks‘ And ‘ Its Ok, You got the meal plan on a bounce back offer, so you would not have bought it anyway‘ and ‘It‘s OK, Look at that discount they gave you on the recovery20 plan, you won’t Stay at the Contemporary for that price ever again if you cancel‘. And even’Its OK if they end up cancelling EPCOT Food and Wine , you can still eat and drink ‘ ... I have to laugh at myself ,I must really really really want to go back.
Like I said previously , I am going to hold on a while longer. Just the possibility of going gives me something to look forward to and keeps me engaged and interested in the a Disney news. Not ready to give up all hope just yet.

I am right with you on the psyche part. I keep scanning for any new tid bit of Additional news or information So I can put it on either the Pro or Con scales. I enjoy the planning part of my journeys to the World , and the dynamics are sometimes hard for my ‘planner brain‘ to process. Although, keep making excuses to myself about how it is still ‘OK’ to go, like ‘It Is Ok there are no fireworks‘ And ‘ Its Ok, You got the meal plan on a bounce back offer, so you would not have bought it anyway‘ and ‘It‘s OK, Look at that discount they gave you on the recovery20 plan, you won’t Stay at the Contemporary for that price ever again if you cancel‘. And even’Its OK if they end up cancelling EPCOT Food and Wine , you can still eat and drink ‘ ... I have to laugh at myself ,I must really really really want to go back.
Like I said previously , I am going to hold on a while longer. Just the possibility of going gives me something to look forward to and keeps me engaged and interested in the a Disney news. Not ready to give up all hope just yet.

Same boat here. I mean, obviously the smart decision given all the current info would be to just cancel. But.... I can't help still wanting to go. I can't wait until the park opens to see how things are working. I am waiting on that and most importantly is the whole park reservation thing. If I can't get into a park on each day, there's really no point in going. That would for sure be what forces me to cancel.

Sep 06-12 CBR
Like most waiting on information to see what will and will not be going on. I booked this trip Oct 2019 and have see everything I had plan go poof. I can live with that and willing to go with the flow which looks like will be the best way to
enjoy this trip as it will not be like any trip in the past. I will be going and make the most out of what options that are happening when I'm there. I feel little bad for my youngest daughter (21) as this was her birthday trip and was really looking forward to seeing and experiencing Batu. I'm optimistic that she will get to experience most of what Batu has to offer but I wonder how much will be different due to all the changes that must be made. So put me in the camp I'm keeping my reservation unless Disney makes me cancel.

We had a week at Caribbean Beach booked for Labor Day week. Annual passholders, so just a room only. After opening dates were announced we made the decision to cancel. No fireworks, parades, and meet and greets are not a big deal for us. We've been before, we'll go again, and we are two adults with no kids, so not a big deal to not have those things. But not being able to park hop (which is not 100%, but assumed given the wording around park reservation system) is kind of a big deal. And while I'm 100% in support of mask wearing in public, I'm not sure either of us can handle (or want to handle) wearing a mask for 10 hours in the early September Florida head and humidity. So we cancelled and will wait until later in the fall to return, when temperatures will make mask wearing a little more bearable for us. Hopefully room reservations will open back up for bookings later in the fall.

We have reservations for the BCV for me and my sister's family (2BR). My parents own at SSR and it's hard to get BCV so I'm really excited about this, but if Storm Along Bay doesn't open before we go, we will move this trip to January and likely a different resort. :(
My mom is booked in a GF club level room. She would be ok with modified club level or if they give her a discount and don't offer the club level services, but if they try to move her, that would also be a deal breaker for us. My mom and sister would prefer to move to January, but I already have plane tickets and they were a great price so kind of hoping we can go.

I am still going 8/30-9/4. Hopefully no hurricanes. Wether wearing a mask on cape cod or on vacation in wdw, all the same. Hopefully mother nature pulls no punches.
We are scheduled the same days 8/30-9/4 at Boardwalk. We are coming from Canada.. so for us most of our decision will depend on the border being open or closed, as well as if quarantines are imposed upon return home. We don't mind the reduced hours and attractions, as there is still plenty open for fun to be had. We also don't mind wearing a mask. My only concern will be if cases continue to rise in Florida and the USA as a whole. We are far more under control here and Canada and wouldn't want to risk it if things are still on the rise south of the border.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter