• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September crew... what are you doing?

I think people are wildly misunderstanding the "resort reservation does not guarantee admission to a park" legal language. It's not there to warn you that they're holding a Hunger Games-style pageant for park admission, it's there so that when Karen doesn't bother making park reservations and then marches up to MK and gets denied access she can't get a resolution to her problem by screaming about how she and her whole family are staying at the Grand Floridian and spend a lot of money there. I'm sure there will be plenty of room at the parks for everyone who wants to go.

I had ASMu booked with Free Dining for a solo trip. I kept my reservation and had the 35% discount applied. It’ll be a cheap trip so I’m fine if everything isn’t perfect.

I think people are wildly misunderstanding the "resort reservation does not guarantee admission to a park" legal language. It's not there to warn you that they're holding a Hunger Games-style pageant for park admission, it's there so that when Karen doesn't bother making park reservations and then marches up to MK and gets denied access she can't get a resolution to her problem by screaming about how she and her whole family are staying at the Grand Floridian and spend a lot of money there. I'm sure there will be plenty of room at the parks for everyone who wants to go.
Yeah I was a little confused why people were really worried about this because I thought there would be plenty of time like 30+ days ahead to know which park you’re going to get into and that you will know by then if you’re got the reservation or not

I still have a lot of questions I want answered, but with no MNSSHP, no ADRs, and COVID spiking in Florida, it just does not seem like the smart move. If Disney let me rebook the trip for early 2021 right now, I would do it without hesitation.

Our September trip was supposed to be an anniversary trip. With the cancellation of MNSSHP, limited dining options and restricted park touring, the trip does not seem so magical anymore. As such, we are cancelling our trip with the hopes that WDW will return to some sort of normalcy Fall 2021. Super bummed.

am i reading correctly that next week when the reservation system goes live anyone with tickets will be able to reserve their park no matter when they are traveling? or do you have to be within a certain time frame.

i'm SO uneasy that i didn't buy my tickets for my labor day trip, but my BF got his. I thought i would've been fine to get them by now but the 'later in the summer' statement doesn't make me hopeful..

but will my BF be able to go in and pick parks for himself?

i'm confused.

I thought with the cancellation of the Halloween parties that would end up being what makes us cancel but I just can't get myself to do it. We've never been to a Halloween party and that was the main reason we decided to take a September trip. We were planning to do mostly things outside of the parks but then go to two of the Halloween parties. We didn't and still don't have regular park tickets. The parties getting cancelled should have been it for us but I've gotten to this point where I feel like just need to go to get away and make the best vacation we can out of it.

I think the next step for us is to see how the reservation system goes and see when/if they open up new ticket sales for our stay. If we can get tickets and reservations to the parks that would end up making us feel a lot better about going. The only other factor in play is how the covid situation in Florida progresses. I'm from Long Island, NY. Our situation has gotten so much better from where we were. If things continue to get worse for Florida I'm not quite sure how willing we would be to travel down there.

All my opinion here...
I really think that Disney has a plan in place.... but all the execs are sworn to secrecy for now. They have a plan A, plan B and plan C ready to roll.....
They are waiting and watching.... to see what happens at places like Universal and Sea World, to see what happens globally!
So.... if "this?" happens..... plan A goes into effect.
If .... "this?" happens.... plan B, etc.

However.... in the meantime... doing this .... are they losing the faith and trust that so many of the Disney fans have in them?
I really question if they are considering what all this lack of information will do to the brand and its reliability or popularity in the long run? I think they are doing some long term damage.

But.... it is a waiting game for sure!!!
I am one of those waiting.... but I am lucky and flexible enough to be able to change/cancel last minute if I have to.
I certainly hope to be there in Sept...... with NO mask and to be able to hop from park to park ..... and for Food and Wine!! But the next 60-75 days will certainly decide that.

Hope to see all you folks in Sept!!!
It's frustrating for sure, but I think you are right about them waiting and watching, and that's smart. The worst thing they could do is over-promise and under-deliver and have everyone angry at them. Better to keep people guessing than make a statement and then have to walk it back.

They say they will waive any cancellation fees up until check-in for arrivals up to Sept 30. So I'm going to wait until the very last minute to call this!

We'll see what happens Monday: if I am unable to get the park reservations I want, that might be my "throw in the towel" moment. Or maybe I want to go SOOOO bad that I will find a way to incorporate even that. Disney addiction is real!🤣😍

We get to make park ressies monday, and we are still on track for being there 24-30th! SEPT here we come!

Week of Labor Day, want Epcot for DGS’s birthday on Thurs (and hoping for Teppan Edo ressies), Animal Kingdom on Tuesday. Don’t care when I get the other 2 parks then have one more day for not sure where.

I am also going to hold on to my vacation and see what this reservation system will be like. I am concerned with how we get on rides. No FP’s means long waits and with a short window of park hours can we ride everything. I just need a vacation to get away and clear my mind just like all of us feel. I am going to watch many posts and see what others are saying. At least we aren’t the first ones in, we can learn from those mistakes. See you in September

It looks like we will be cancelling. :sad: We have a DVC reservation with no park tickets and they aren't selling DVC folks tickets unless we want to cancel and pay full price for a package. I think we will try to reschedule for next year (along with a ton of other DVC folks), but we have to use my mom's points by June. My sister and mom want to go in January but if it's not available, we will likely go in May. We are waiting for 2021 reservations to open at the end of the month so my mom can make sure her GF club room is available. Maybe Disney will change their mind before then and let us purchase tickets.

Well, we are officially pulling my spouse out of the trip. It’s too iffy with the military and approving/revoking leave. My friend will be attending instead.

Is anyone else scared of getting the virus while there? I wasn’t really worried before today. But now I’m worried that I’ll get it and end up stuck/very ill in Florida.

I’ve been talking with my Husband and sister in law and we still want to go. We think it’ll still be fun and we’re gonna make the best of it. Plus it’ll force me to slow down and do things we normally don’t do

I think we will cancel. This was a wdw/cruise trip. I have a compromised immune system and do not feel comfortable with how the rates are going for the WDW portion and unfortunately I think it will be a while before I feel comfortable getting on a cruise.

We had rented DVC points at the Poly - our first time there. I was so excited and had great ADRs. I had not purchased tickets, so it was going to be more of a challenge there. The part that stinks is I think our best option is to loose $700 - what we have paid so far for the DVC points. If I pay the balance, another $700 I can have them try to resell. I just don’t know if they would, so I don’t want to risk loosing $1400. It stinks, but I might just have to settle with loosing $700.

I love Disney so much and can’t wait to get back with my daughters, I just don’t think this is the right time for us.

I'm still up in the air about our Sept 13-20 trip. We are DVC so always do onsite stays, but my DH won a free week in a golf tourney at an offsite hotel that we are using for this trip. Our current APs have been extended to 9/5 and I have AP vouchers in our accounts.

At this point, I'm waiting to see what Disney means about adding a month to current APs. The wording says that won't happen until October, but our passes will be expired by then. If the extension happens and we can use the current APs for September we will still probably go and make the best of it. If not, I'll just hold the vouchers and upgrade them to new passes later.

It's hard to justify going when I can only prebook three park days in advance and we will be there for a week.

For me, the absolute deciding factor will be whether or not the 14 day quarantine for CT residents is lifted AND whether a similar restriction in placed for those entering CT from Florida,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter