September crew... what are you doing?

I don't think that's accurate...our PIF date is still shown as one month in advance but I think if you need to cancel/modify there are no additional fees or penalties. So you can PIF, cancel the day of, and get a full refund with no penalties.
Hmmm My travel agent is saying this is correct and this is direct from Disney’s website I asked her also because when she emailed me the new updated reservation it still showed the old PIF
The cancellation fee is the $200 deposit, that is the imposed fee from what she told me....i’m hearing this other places too but I guess who knows with Disney they can be confusing sometimes

When the 2020 resort reservations reopened I snagged that AP discount on POP for a four night solo trip the last full week of September--wasn't originally planning on a fall trip at all since I'd just bought the AP to cover two January trips just under a year apart. But with current prices and airfare down, money-wise it made sense--I even got a first class seat on my return flight for barely any extra miles.

And then the guilt set in. With cases rising in Florida I'm having a really, really hard time justifying the trip. If I could quarantine effectively on my return maybe it'd be one thing, but I can't do my job at full effectiveness from home and we're supposed to transition back to being onsite full time in the next month anyway. My employer is tracking who travels out of state and I'm nervous about the reaction I'll get for voluntarily traveling to a hot spot. A lot of the benefit I get from a Disney trip is the enjoyment of planning it, and right now the planning is giving me a lot more stress than enjoyment. Earlier today I'd decided to cancel everything, but when I logged on this evening I just couldn't do it.

I have until the end of August to cancel my flights and get all my miles back without paying a redeposit fee, so that's my hard(ish) deadline--I might be able to game the system and push it even further back by rescheduling the flight for later in the year and then cancelling it. So I don't have to decide right now, but it feels like I'm having to make this decision every day.

Hmmm My travel agent is saying this is correct and this is direct from Disney’s website I asked her also because when she emailed me the new updated reservation it still showed the old PIF
The cancellation fee is the $200 deposit, that is the imposed fee from what she told me....i’m hearing this other places too but I guess who knows with Disney they can be confusing sometimes
so which is it? one month or day before? would love to know an accurate answer to this too!

so which is it? one month or day before? would love to know an accurate answer to this too!
Well when I researched everyone is saying when they call to ask they are getting two different answers either the day of or seven days before

We just decided to take a 3 night trip starting sept 15th. As I see it, WDW looks to me to be safer than going to the grocery store. We have a 2 day pass and if we feel uncomfortable at any point we will just go back to the resort and hang at the pool. I am really hoping the numbers start decreasing but isn’t a good portion of the positivity in Miami-Dade?

*Sigh* So, we did it. We pulled the plug.

I am very sad. It was the very last thing that hadn't gotten canceled this year. Top that with the fact that we had to put down our 18-year-old cat in June, it's been a pretty cruddy summer, so we were looking forward to Disney. But after watching vlogs and considering my daughter and I would have to quarantine upon return, we decided it would be best. :(

I rescheduled for September 2021. My daughter will be a teenager by then. o_O

*Sigh* So, we did it. We pulled the plug.

I am very sad. It was the very last thing that hadn't gotten canceled this year. Top that with the fact that we had to put down our 18-year-old cat in June, it's been a pretty cruddy summer, so we were looking forward to Disney. But after watching vlogs and considering my daughter and I would have to quarantine upon return, we decided it would be best. :(

I rescheduled for September 2021. My daughter will be a teenager by then. o_O

I'm sorry about your kitty :( 2020 is such a bully. But 2021 has to be better! And the trip will be worth the wait :)

Went ahead and cancelled our trip yesterday. We were already leaning toward it, but when Frontier cancelled our return flight and tried to give us non-direct flight with an eight hour layover in Denver, that sealed the deal. Good luck to everyone who is still deciding!

Aaand I'm out, cancelled everything this evening. My housemate's workplace is really cracking down and requiring quarantines for anyone who travels out of state, and by extension anyone with a housemate who travels out of state. Even if I stay safe I'd be creating a bunch of drama and hardship for her at work, and honestly I don't know that my own coworkers would be much happier if they knew I were planning this trip. Honestly, I realized lately that I've been kind of watching for something to force me to cancel, and calling it now means I can make other plans to do something fun closer to (read: at) home this fall.

We're still booked for Marathon Weekend in January, and hopefully things will be better by then! Hope everyone who's still heading to WDW this fall has a good time!

Aaand I'm out, cancelled everything this evening. My housemate's workplace is really cracking down and requiring quarantines for anyone who travels out of state, and by extension anyone with a housemate who travels out of state. Even if I stay safe I'd be creating a bunch of drama and hardship for her at work, and honestly I don't know that my own coworkers would be much happier if they knew I were planning this trip. Honestly, I realized lately that I've been kind of watching for something to force me to cancel, and calling it now means I can make other plans to do something fun closer to (read: at) home this fall.

We're still booked for Marathon Weekend in January, and hopefully things will be better by then! Hope everyone who's still heading to WDW this fall has a good time!
i was reading yesterday that a vaccine after development will take a few months to become readily available to mainstream people. so i'm rethinking my upcoming sept. cancellation to modify date later into 2021 as well. going into May and forward....

i was reading yesterday that a vaccine after development will take a few months to become readily available to mainstream people. so i'm rethinking my upcoming sept. cancellation to modify date later into 2021 as well. going into May and forward....
Yes, I think even after a vaccine is available it will take a long time to become widely available.

Yes, I think even after a vaccine is available it will take a long time to become widely available.

Yes, Dr. Fauci has said it will likely be several months into 2021 before it would be widely available to everyone - and that is if the final phase of trials go well with this vaccine. Fingers crossed!

Sad to report we pushed back our September trip to November, and shortened it as well.

We have DVC and this is going to be our first trip using that. I bought a "loaded" contract and need to use 160 points by December 1. I hedged my bets by making the trip use just the 160 we needed to use and banked the remainder for next year.

We also have a backup trip in late January scheduled if this one falls through, but I'm hoping November happens.

So, our septic failed. Minimum $25k repair with the permits and fees tacked on. There is my definite answer to my waffling over September trip, even though I knew I most likely wouldn’t be going. Here is looking at next May. Maybe.

Well we are officially out for September 2020. It just feels far too irresponsible at this point.

Moving to September 2021 and hoping the World picks itself up by then.

Good luck to those who are carrying on with their plans.

Abandoned my sept trip today. Moved to November. Between everything being canceled (moonlight magic, Halloween parties, fireworks, parades, shows etc) and Delta changing my flights, I decided to at least move to better weather. 🤞🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter