• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September - Magic Bands?

We just changed our reservations to POP, we are arriving on October 31st, last day of the new testing period for Magic Bands, but we can't do anything with FastPass+ or Magic Bands on the website. Our tickets for our trip seem to be listed incorrectly on the site, both my wife and I are supposed to have 9 Day Magic Your Way Tickets, but the site lists 2 tickets under my name, one for 9 days and one for 8 days. Something is screwy on the site for us. Anyone else encounter this or have any tips? We want to customize bands and do our FastPass+!!!

I had that same issue when I added the voucher to our account with MDE. Both the AP vouchers were listed under my name. There was a link of some sort that I clicked on that let me reassign one of the passes to my DH though. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it was on that page and the jist was something like 'reassign tickets' or something. It will tell you on the next page your choices for who the ticket can be assigned to as well as warn you that it can't be undone. I think it warns you twice- once on the page, and once as a popup. I would try to fix this before you do your MB's, if you could.

I got the email a few days ago inviting me to use the MDE page to customize MB's and sign up for FP+'s. For those wondering or keeping track of the timeline:

FP+ reservation ability: ~30 days prior to the trip
MB customization ability: ~25-20 days prior to the trip (had to redo online check in for it to pop up)
Email inviting us to sign up for FP+ and MB's: 17 days exactly prior to the trip
(note: the MB's were already in hand when this email was sent)

I am and was able to make FP+ reservations outside of my stay at the BCV - I have a BLT and BWV endcapping a trip on the Fantasy that is seperate from my BCV stay for the pin/villian event- but we will see if those FP's actually work. I do have AP's so that's probably why I'm able to book.

Also, I was able to book the BOG lunch for the first two stays (BCV and BLT) but not for BWV, which is check in on the 28th- the website says there are no times available past 9/26. I don't know if they will extend the BOG FP+ with the rest of the test.

I have never received an e-mail but 65 days before the trip we have been able to customize our Magicbands and 60 days from the trip we have been able to select our Fastpass+ (and also make the Early check-in).

We are staying at AKL on Sept 18-22. I was able to make our FP+ selections and see "manage my bands" but any time I go to customize them, the website crashes. Any idea what gives?

So i have a question. For those that have received the notice to update your MagicBands..do you already have your tickets logged into the site? For example I have my hotel and other reservations loaded but nothing for tickets yet (waiting on them to be mailed). Just curious if that has anything to do with who is selected and who isnt.

I am staying at SSR and I doubt I will be included anyways (sad panda) but still..curious.

Thanks!!!

I had to wait until I linked my tickets in order to activate magic bands and fastpass+. I chose to pick up at resort do I was emailed the confirmation number and linked them right away.

We are checking into Port Orleans River Side on 9/10/13, we got our MB invite on Monday, I registered yesterday, and received our bands today.:rotfl2::cool1::lmao::banana::worship::love::dance3:

i have a question i booked one night at akl jambo and ordered our magic bands but than we stay at wilderness for the next 8 days , if im not able to get to the day at akl how will my magic bands be activated?

Got our MB today!!! DD's will definately go down to kid size (she is almost 3). So excited to get to WDW and try these out. Only 29 more days till we are in WDW, 28 until we drive down.

1256483_4811596308216_328684595_n.jpg

got ours in today, had made a res at akl for the day before our trip but learned that you have to check in to have the bands activated so it looks like we re leaving a day early and hopefully i can activate everyones bands cause only 3 of us can go early.

1082559_2058871227415_86449983_o.jpg

Ok...so....I picked our fastpass+, got the invite for testing magic bands yesterday, but when I click on manage magic bands it takes me to a page talking about linking tickets?! We have to customize them by Sept 5th. What gives?! We purchased a vacation package & everything is linked?!

I received my letter in the mail to test the bands on our next visit on Sept 14 thru 17th. My reservation was already attached to bands. Had some trouble putting tickets on, got mine done but having trouble with daughter's. I am able to book fast passes on my band but not daughter's. Spoke to Disney It dept and they are working to fix daughter's band. Can't wait to try it out. :):)

So my cruise group over on FB has sent me to query the group. There seems to be a number of people staying at BLT (on the cruise group) who can't get them to show up on their account, and since I saw that the Contemporary was on the list of test resorts for Sept- I was wondering if anyone here is actually at BLT in September and got MB's????

Still trying to figure that out too. We are checking in BLT on 9/20. Half our group has ordered tickets for p/u upon arrival. Two off us are getting APs, but haven't ordered them yet. Haven't seen anything in MDE yet. Hope is comes through soon. Would love to get the bands and test them.

We spoke to a CM today who actually listed what hotels were being tested for September. They are as follows:
Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo only)
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Art of Animation
Polynesian
Contemporary
Port Orleans Riverside

She said she literally just got the list today and when asked if more hotels would come online in September she did not sound hopeful.

So I guess that is that.

Here are the testing resorts for September.

Gonna be in SSR on 10/27-11/3

Here's hoping to be picked! Already have our APs linked to the MDE account. Even did the online check-in just in case that helps. 54 days out! Can't wait!

Here now and have to say magic bands as with most over hyped. Sure they are cool but really you use for purchases and park admission. Sure one day will be more interactive. The fast pass system is just ok. Most options are spread out so if your planing on a half day or to speed up your day not so much. The old system works better if you know what your doing. Our options ended up being so spread out did not use a few. The be our guest email was a nice option and did the for lunch. Oh and we have a fridge. In riverside they upgraded us to a princess room. Not that it's an upgrade just more of a walk to the ole mill. Lol.

Here now and have to say magic bands as with most over hyped. Sure they are cool but really you use for purchases and park admission. Sure one day will be more interactive. The fast pass system is just ok. Most options are spread out so if your planing on a half day or to speed up your day not so much. The old system works better if you know what your doing. Our options ended up being so spread out did not use a few. The be our guest email was a nice option and did the for lunch. Oh and we have a fridge. In riverside they upgraded us to a princess room. Not that it's an upgrade just more of a walk to the ole mill. Lol.

The more Disney has the direct ability to control crowd flow, the better it is for everyone. This is their way of taking systematic flow control of the guests. You may not even see the impact on a guest level, but this is BIG.

If I linked my tickets to my magic bands already, do I still have to pick up my tickets at will-call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter