• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September - Magic Bands?

If I linked my tickets to my magic bands already, do I still have to pick up my tickets at will-call?

I'd still pick up my tickets at will call. Being this is still testing it is possible you may run into a few bumps. This way if you get to a park and the bands don't work for whatever reason you will have your physical tickets as a back up.

I actually changed hotels to be able to participate. Wanted to try something new since we have been to the parks many times. We are going at the end of October, and when I swtiched from ASMu to POP, I made sure that we would be getting the magic bands and she said Oh yes, that is part of the test. Very happy we did, gave me something to do over the weekend and planned it all out! So excited!

I'm going to POR for my honeymoon at the end of September and I have been able to customize my Magic Band 26 days in advance.
But I'm Canadian so I will only get them at the resort.
I have also been picking fastpass+ for attraction
I haven't been able to get any Be Our Guest Fastpass+

I got picked for this. I customized the bands, but why do they have to mail them to me? Why can't I just get them at the resort? I have not bought my theme park tickets yet so it doesn't let me reserve fast pass plus, so it all seems fairly useless, unless I'm missing something.

How to pack Magic Bands? And should I put them in my purse/carry on luggage or send it through the belt?

I'm at POR in mid-November. I'm doing room only w/AAA discount and I hadn't planned to buy my tickets until just before I leave or even when I get there since they are non-refundable. It doesn't sound likely, from the above comments, that it will open up to all resorts by then, but if they did open up POR would it help my chances of getting the band if I already had my tickets? I've already set up my resort and dining reservations on MDE but didn't know if I should go ahead and buy tickets, too, to help my chances of being chosen.

Any thoughts?

Port Orleans rolled out this week. I believe all guests will receive magic bands at check in now but it could just be a limited number for the month of September.

We check in to contemporary on 10/18. I have not received a letter r email, but I have customized my magic bands and booked fast pass on the my experience app. The fastpass selection showed up first and the magic bands about two weeks ago.

They ship them because you have to have them to check in at the airport for the disney magical express and then the hotel too.

Anyone testing mb please realize there are many bugs to work out. We were at Pop aug. 30 to sept 7th. We had issues almost everyday. When they work they are great. FP+ worked well for us. A couple of times we showed up for a ride and the standby time was only 5-10 minutes so we used our phones to change our fp time to a different time, rode it then then rode it again later with thr fp. I personally liked it. Our problems were, day 1: all but one of us were locked out of room. Had to go to concierge. Day 2: the one person in our party that could get in the day before was locked out. In fact he disappeared off our reservation all together. Day 3: our reservation was corrupted. Had a message on phone to report to resort desk for resolution. Took 3 cm's to figure it out. Day 4: everything worked well. Thought we were set for the rest of our stay. Day 5: DD couldn't get into MK. Her ticket was gone off mb. They could see the remaining days on one screen but couldn'access them on another gave us a ticket so she could get in. Day 6: went to Mk in morning, everything worked. PH over to Epcot and dgs couldnt get in. Back to guest services. They said he didn't have a PH ticket. When they could finally get into our reservations screen they could see he had a 6 day ph but for some reason it was no longer there. They gave him a ticket. Now keep in mind we had kttw cards but everything was corrupted there also. Also we had a fp for illuminations. We asked a cm at the mde kiosk where the fp viewing area was and he told us morocco boat dock. He told us we didnt have to get there until 10 minutes before showtime. When we were making our way back there we saw a guy holding a fp sign at the future world boat dock area. We told him we were told it was in morocco and he told us it was in three areas and we needed to go to morocco so we trudged over there only to be told that dock was for foregn visitors who had booked through wdw travel company and the future world boat dock was where we neede to be. So we trudged back and yes there was a guy scanning mb for the fp. Day 7: going home day. Ate at Pop food court to use up our last remaining cs credits then went to DTD for souveniers and to use our remaining snack credits. This was this past Saturday. Today I had a 159.00 charge on my debit card I had linked to my reservation. I called to find out what it was and here they had charged us for our meals and snacks that last day. And for 4 mugs. We had picked up those at the very beginning of our trip. Of course they credited me back the 159.00. Not everyone had these or any issues but we had our share. Just realize being a lab rat can have its challenges. I will say though, everyone was very nice to us while handling our problems. It is all new to the cms as well and every problem took them multiple phone calls and time to get them resolved. Patience is a virtue. Luckily my Dd's and my Dhs were not with us or things would have been a lot worse on us...lol

Anyone testing mb please realize there are many bugs to work out. We were at Pop aug. 30 to sept 7th. We had issues almost everyday. When they work they are great. FP+ worked well for us. A couple of times we showed up for a ride and the standby time was only 5-10 minutes so we used our phones to change our fp time to a different time, rode it then then rode it again later with thr fp. I personally liked it. Our problems were, day 1: all but one of us were locked out of room. Had to go to concierge. Day 2: the one person in our party that could get in the day before was locked out. In fact he disappeared off our reservation all together. Day 3: our reservation was corrupted. Had a message on phone to report to resort desk for resolution. Took 3 cm's to figure it out. Day 4: everything worked well. Thought we were set for the rest of our stay. Day 5: DD couldn't get into MK. Her ticket was gone off mb. They could see the remaining days on one screen but couldn'access them on another gave us a ticket so she could get in. Day 6: went to Mk in morning, everything worked. PH over to Epcot and dgs couldnt get in. Back to guest services. They said he didn't have a PH ticket. When they could finally get into our reservations screen they could see he had a 6 day ph but for some reason it was no longer there. They gave him a ticket. Now keep in mind we had kttw cards but everything was corrupted there also. Also we had a fp for illuminations. We asked a cm at the mde kiosk where the fp viewing area was and he told us morocco boat dock. He told us we didnt have to get there until 10 minutes before showtime. When we were making our way back there we saw a guy holding a fp sign at the future world boat dock area. We told him we were told it was in morocco and he told us it was in three areas and we needed to go to morocco so we trudged over there only to be told that dock was for foregn visitors who had booked through wdw travel company and the future world boat dock was where we neede to be. So we trudged back and yes there was a guy scanning mb for the fp. Day 7: going home day. Ate at Pop food court to use up our last remaining cs credits then went to DTD for souveniers and to use our remaining snack credits. This was this past Saturday. Today I had a 159.00 charge on my debit card I had linked to my reservation. I called to find out what it was and here they had charged us for our meals and snacks that last day. And for 4 mugs. We had picked up those at the very beginning of our trip. Of course they credited me back the 159.00. Not everyone had these or any issues but we had our share. Just realize being a lab rat can have its challenges. I will say though, everyone was very nice to us while handling our problems. It is all new to the cms as well and every problem took them multiple phone calls and time to get them resolved. Patience is a virtue. Luckily my Dd's and my Dhs were not with us or things would have been a lot worse on us...lol

OMG. We arrive Saturday and we have the bands. Just went from being excited to scared!

I have paper tickets that I was considering adding onto the magic bands. Should I wait until testing is over? Any problems using the paper tickets? These are old NE paper tickets from 2007.

We had no issues for our 1 night - room only reservation at AOA. We had the gray set for that day. We then had our customized ones for our 5 night/6 day stay at POR. When we checked-in, they said the adult bands were ready and that my DD's was not linked, then they asked if we had another set for AOA and I said yes, they said ok. I guess they had to sync all of them to get the other one to work. They said, we could use any of them, they should all work for the rest of our stay. So, I thought everything was fixed and then, when we went to the room. Only my daughter had access, LOL! Now the 2 adult bands were not linked. So when they linked our daughter's I guess they unlinked ours. It only took a few minutes for Concierage to fix the issue. I didn't bother looking for the gray ones and trying them, because we had forgotten about them since they were thrown in with dirty laundry from our stay at AOA. But, other then that issue, everything else worked perfectly. We were able to use them for table service dining, quick service and snacks and even to purchase other things with the CC we had on file. We also did not have issues with getting into any of the parks or with our Fast-passes!

Im not trying to scare anyone. I would do it again. I just want everyone to realize this is in testing phase. We never saw long lines of people at guest services having issues. When everything worked, it was great and I cant wait to do it next year. Dont worry about it and have a great time!

Just bought into DVC and am staying at SSR in mid November. As I understand it SSR is not being tested yet so maybe I'm trying to figure this out for no reason, but if they are added before our trip or the whole thing goes live before our trip, I have a few questions.
1) Can I get the custom magic bands without having park tickets yet?
2) I am planning to buy annual passes once we arrive as we will be taking 2 trips over the next 12 months. Can I start scheduling fastpass+ without the annual pass yet? What if I had a voucher but it wasn't activated yet?

Seems unfortunate if I cannot schedule until the day I get there even though I'm ready to plan everything now.

:eek:
Good for you for rolling with it... I hope these kinds of issues are being worked out as they go live in all the resorts soon!

Thought I'd chime in with my personal MB/FP+ update; we're staying at BLT 10/27-11/4 and was given the chance to choose bands and FP+ selections just this morning. I can appreciate the contrarian viewpoint concerning FP+, but with a 2 year old in our group, I welcome the most orderly approach to the parks possible.

Disappointed it looks like we will be left out as we are checking into the French Quarter on 9/25. They are getting bands starting 9/30.

Still hoping we can get them once we get there on or after 9/30 especially so we could chose some fast pass + options.

We are checking on Sept 25 at POFQ also and staying through Oct 2. It would be a real bonus to get the Fastpass+ choices for the last few days of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter