Seriously Big Park Hours Update 8/29-11/2 - Daily AM EMHs added for DHS, DAK, & MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get why this is a good thing, but my family members are not early risers so it’s gonna have to be a decision to get up early and enjoy this or sleep in and meet the crowds. Back to the planning drawing board for me.
I am totally banking on lots of people NOT being early risers and arriving later in that 3 hour window!! I see alot of people arriving at 7:30ish thinking they'd still have an hour and half of EMH! DD and I are both early risers and 6a is pretty normal for our every-day lives!

I’m not confident we’d be in and out by 9am unless you are at the gate before 4am (for those who drive or can walk from EP resorts)
If you skip SWGE... let's admit it... some will! ... you can easily do the rest of the park in 3 hours!

Yeah. This where I’m at and what we’ll have to discuss. I wake up between 6 and 7 every day anyway. It won’t be that hard for me. For the others that sleep in until 10 on weekends I’m gonna have to talk them into how worth this it’ll be.
counting on people not being able to get up that early!! haha!

One thing we don't know much about yet. how much of the park will be open! Is this just for SWGE and TSL?? It just says "select others"?

Last edited:
I am totally banking on lots of people NOT being early risers and arriving later in that 3 hour window!! I see alot of people arriving at 7:30ish thinking they'd still have an hour and half of EMH! DD and I are both early risers and 6a is pretty normal for our every-day lives!

If you skip SWGE... let's admit it... some will! ... you can easily do the rest of the park in 3 hours!

counting on people not being able to get up that early!! haha!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet (maybe missed it in the announcement and posts) how much of the park will be open! Is this just for SWGE and TSL??

From the parks blog official announcement:

Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m.,including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.

From the parks blog official announcement:

Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m.,including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
Yes, saw that.... re-worded my post. It's the "select others" I was wondering about!

I was so hoping this announcement meant that I’d see the rest of the summer months updated. Seriously, updated hours October and November but not July and August?
I know! Waiting for August. We miss Villains by 1 day so I'm hoping more DAH dates will be announced before my FP window opens!

This is great! I’m going to DHS and DAK in late September and want to do as much as possible including shows, if I can get SDS done early it leaves more time to spend at GE and with my non roller coaster riding mother and we can do all of avatar early too I can’t wait! I’m a super early bird too because of work I’m usually up between 3-4 am everyday too so a super early and long day at DHS is fine with me

Oh damn....here is to hoping they extend this out into November. My trip is the week after this ends.

This is great news for us! We’re coming from the U.K. in October and staying at the Boardwalk Villas. With jet lag, we’re always wide awake at 5:00 the first couple of mornings and end up just kicking our heels for a couple of hours, wondering what to do. Great news!

All morning hours... I really miss the late night hours!! 20+ trips and my kids have never heard of rope drop, but we almost always shut down a park. Am emh are worthless to us and evening hours are practically extinct. How I long for the days of midnight park close with 12-2am emh, but hours like these make early closures much more likely.

I wish they would offer AP more of a break on the after hours events. Maybe I can justify paying for a couple based on cost savings of moving from on-site to off-site.

All morning hours... I really miss the late night hours!! 20+ trips and my kids have never heard of rope drop, but we almost always shut down a park. Am emh are worthless to us and evening hours are practically extinct. How I long for the days of midnight park close with 12-2am emh, but hours like these make early closures much more likely.

I wish they would offer AP more of a break on the after hours events. Maybe I can justify paying for a couple based on cost savings of moving from on-site to off-site.
for crowd and lines purposes AM EMH are better than PM. I understand not waking up early though

I think this is a great move on Disney's part. But wow, 6 am would be rough on me. I would definitely have to take advantage of a mid day nap. It seems like a great opportunity to hit Toy Story Land/other attractions if you're not interested in Galaxy's Edge. And hopefully the Galaxy's Edge experience will be less painful first thing in the morning.

I am thinking of going for a few days in sept now. My kids have us up at 6 anyway so that is perfect

We have a trip from October 19-26 that we scheduled before the GE opening date was announced. That trip will include a visit to Harry Potter World and Kennedy Space Center. This announcement will make for some interesting discussion and planning before our FP day comes in August.

Great news for us arriving from the UK and the rest of Europe.
The first few days we are usually awake at 4am anyway until we adjust to the jet lag.. quite often we are sitting around at 5am wondering what to do as nothing is open :)

We may still avoid SW:GE though and make the most of the EEMH to hit Toy Story land, unless the extended hours really do make it manageable.

I'm super excited about the early hours! We'll be there for a short Halloween weekend and totally plan to take advantage of the early hours at HS. But we will have just done MNSSHP the night before, so we'll definitely have to take a midday break. Maybe it'll be extended for Thanksgiving when we'll have more time!

We're not normally morning people and typically avoid AM EMH however we have 2 trips that fall into these dates (one in Sept and one in Oct) and we'll be planning on using these as much as we can handle. Afternoon naps just got a bit longer.

For Galaxy's Edge, you would probably have to get to the park a 5 a.m. for the 6 a.m. opening. The line for that attraction will probably insta-grow to 3+ hours right out of the gate and stay that way until close.

I think this would be great for the rest of the park, however.

For nighttime fans, I think that is where Disney will strike first for paid upsell events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter