SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thanks. I actually ended up submitting a question directly to Shades of Green on their website.
Did you ever get your answer? I would assume no, since you do have to have military or govt. ID to enter property. Additionally the return is in their parking garage which requires a room key to enter that gate. I think it would be easier to return to the car care center on property which is in that same area and is convenient. We've returned their before and it was quick and convenient. SOG would be a bigger hassle IMO.

Has anyone used grocery delivery at SOG? What company and how does it work? As a backup where is the nearest grocery store? Can I fit a full gallon of milk in the mini fridge?
as PP have listed, Amazon Prime Now and GG are fantastic, I've used both. Last family trip, we actually cancelled GG as I found it to be about $67 cheaper (family of 7, one week of groceries) to go through Amazon Prime Now. I was a little sad because I liked supporting GG, and they ahve great discounts for ordering early, but the cost difference was way too significant for us. This is completely dependent upon the items you're ordering, and Amazon has a different delivery fee (can be free at $35 I believe, whereas GG is free around $200?) but either delivery fee is not a large amount. The nice part about Amazon is being able to set your delivery time in one hour (fee) or two hours (can be free), if you have a last-minute item you need. We literally ordered on the way from MCO last time. Garden Grocer saves money by ordering earlier. Amazon can have availability limitations but does have fresh fruit, milk, alcohol (21+ w/ ID) etc.

I asked this question in the memory maker thread, but I thought I would also ask here because it involves a military discount.

In March of 2020 DW, DD, my sister, BIL, niece and nephew, and my parents will be staying at SOG and spending a week at Disney. My father is retired military and we are pretty familiar with SOG. But, for the first time, my wife and I want to do the memory maker. I know that there is a military discount that my dad can get, but, can that then be linked to my MDE account and then I connect with everyone else in the group so that we can all get the pictures? My parents are only quasi-computer literate and it would be a lot easier for me to manage this for our group. Does guest relations just issue the card and then you use that to link to MDE and whoever enters it gets it, or is it automatically linked to a profile when it is issued? Thanks for any help.
Not sure if this is much help, but when we went in April my DH (active duty) purchased the Memory Maker and it was on his MDE. We purchased it at MK, actually at a small building/hut right in front of guest relations, after standing in the guest relations line and told it's not there (in the past we did purchase at guest relations). We had magic bands we used for the photos for scanning with the picture takers throughout the parks. If not, I suppose there could be a card to give them. We had issues with me viewing the photos at first while we were there, and couldn't figure out since we have each other linked on MDE, so we stopped by the guest relations while at Epcot and they showed us a few buttons in his MDE account to change and then I could instantly see the same photos, but I could just view it. I don't think I was able to download them, but then again he downloaded them to the computer so it's not something I even had to consider or play around with. So, I'm not certain on the downloading aspect if you aren't the person that purchased.

Has anyone used grocery delivery at SOG? What company and how does it work? As a backup where is the nearest grocery store? Can I fit a full gallon of milk in the mini fridge?
We used Instacart, it went through Publix. They delivered to the front of the hotel where the valet is, they sent a note they were on their way and DH picked it up there (we had purchased alcohol too so I believe that's why he had to meet them, or it possibly could have just been dropped off). Not sure on the nearest grocery or the full gallon, don't recall the space available for that in the minifridge.

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at SOG have now been refurbed? Asking because I’d like to stay there again, but the last time (June 2018) they had only done the suites and we got a regular room and the beds were awful!

It is my understanding from relatives who stay at SOG, that you do get FP+ at 60 days but you do not get 180+10 for ADRs. Both the Swan and Dolphin are both the same way.

Is the 60 days out for length of stay or 60 days from each day you want a FP?

Is the 60 days out for length of stay or 60 days from each day you want a FP?

60 days out for length of stay or # of ticket days (so if you are staying 10 days but only have 8 ticket days you can only book 8 days of FP's if that makes sense, you can book all on the opening 60 day though).

We are heading to SOG in early January and staying at SOG. We have stayed at SOG many times. For those of you who have visited WDW in January (we have never been in January, typically, we have always visited in early/mid December), what can we expect weather and crowd wise? We live in the North East so we are good to wear shorts when it is above 55 degrees! Will it be possible to get on "big rides" if we arrive at rope drop? I am so not a fan of the fastpass system as we are not planners and I don't have a clue as to what parks I want to visit on what days. We are not into Star Wars so getting on anything in that new land is not a priority for us. Thanks for any advice.

We are heading to SOG in early January and staying at SOG. We have stayed at SOG many times. For those of you who have visited WDW in January (we have never been in January, typically, we have always visited in early/mid December), what can we expect weather and crowd wise? We live in the North East so we are good to wear shorts when it is above 55 degrees! Will it be possible to get on "big rides" if we arrive at rope drop? I am so not a fan of the fastpass system as we are not planners and I don't have a clue as to what parks I want to visit on what days. We are not into Star Wars so getting on anything in that new land is not a priority for us. Thanks for any advice.
It will greatly depend on when in January you're talking about. We've done January trips multiple times, and it CAN be much less crowded. That said, if you're coming the week of Marathon,
8-12JAN20 (before or even a few days after the race weekend is over), it will be BUSY. If you go over Martin Luther King Jr weekend, very busy, but the Tues and moreso the Wed after will typically be less packed.
All of this could be different depending on the Star Wars Galaxy's Edge situation/crowds--even if you're not interested in that it will probably affect the overall crowd levels. As far as weather, you might find it similar to December weather, but it could be much warmer,too. We would bring a hoodie or lightweight jacket for the mornings or evenings (esp near the lake in EP) for the kids, but it warms up fast. We live in ND so we were always called the "Canadians" because we were definitely swimming, as it was like 100 degrees warmer than at home!
We tended to stay away from the EMH parks in the morning and pick one that was regular rope drop time, but to each his own on that. "Big rides" are almost always lower wait times at rope drop.
Be sure to use the MDE app and if you have questions about planning FP etc feel free to DM me or ask in here!

Hi guys, I have a question about Minnie Van service for Shades of Green. We will have an ECV during our stay and it is possible getting a Minnie Van might work better for on certain days instead of the Shades of Green transport. What I have been reading says you have to call for the accessible Minnie van pick up it is not done through the Lyft app, and you pay with your magic band. Since we do not get charging privileges with magic bands at Shades of Green, I was wondering how anyone else has paid for the service.
First time having someone with us who will need an ECV and trying to make sure I have everything planned correctly. ECV is an older gentleman who is family friend and I am trying to make this trip as accommodating for him as possible.

We will have a rental car (minivan) but hoping to not have to break down the ECV (rental/4wheel) to the parks. We have 5 on the trip and not sure we could get everyone in the minivan.

I also would love any suggestions anyone might have about transportation routes you find easier to use with someone in an ECV. eg. Walk to Poly/monorail for MK/epcot over bus transport. Is it better to Minnie van to Disney Springs? Resort dining at Grand Floridian Narcoossee & Contemporary California Grill - best travel plan to make reservations from Shades of Green?

Looking forward to my 50th Birthday @ Disney!!!

Hi guys, I have a question about Minnie Van service for Shades of Green. We will have an ECV during our stay and it is possible getting a Minnie Van might work better for on certain days instead of the Shades of Green transport. What I have been reading says you have to call for the accessible Minnie van pick up it is not done through the Lyft app, and you pay with your magic band. Since we do not get charging privileges with magic bands at Shades of Green, I was wondering how anyone else has paid for the service.
First time having someone with us who will need an ECV and trying to make sure I have everything planned correctly. ECV is an older gentleman who is family friend and I am trying to make this trip as accommodating for him as possible.

We will have a rental car (minivan) but hoping to not have to break down the ECV (rental/4wheel) to the parks. We have 5 on the trip and not sure we could get everyone in the minivan.

I also would love any suggestions anyone might have about transportation routes you find easier to use with someone in an ECV. eg. Walk to Poly/monorail for MK/epcot over bus transport. Is it better to Minnie van to Disney Springs? Resort dining at Grand Floridian Narcoossee & Contemporary California Grill - best travel plan to make reservations from Shades of Green?

I haven’t used a ECV there but did have people with mobility issues. For monorail parks we took the shady shuttle to the end of the property to the Polynesian. The last trip my grandmother could not make the walk back that route so we took the bus back.

I would think him driving his ECV to the Poly would be easier than breaking it down for that dinner, MK and Epcot. We saw many people use the ECV on the bus and didn’t see an issue.

I would just plan on leaving extra early for Disney Springs.

I know this may sound ridiculous, but does SoG have the WDW today channel? This will be our first time staying there and that's something we would certainly miss if they don't have it.

Okay all I called Minnie Van service direct to get latest information on accessible van service for Shades of Green. I had asked this same information on the Disabilities board and they did not have the clear answer as well, so this is a copy paste from my post there.

Okay all this is how Accessible Minnie Van Service is being done currently for Shades of Green.. You call the number and they will send the required vehicle. Currently there is no way to pay for the service and is being done complimentary. As stated they are looking into adding this service to app and at that time it will no longer be complimentary as there will be another way to pay besides magic bands. I will be calling again before my trip and checking the current status so we can budget accordingly.

I've been there in January for the marathon 3 times...twice it was very nice (lightweight jacket to just a t-shirt and shorts). 2018 however, was utterly freezing - I think temps were in the mid to upper 30s. We used our rain gear (Washington state people never travel without it!! lol) to help provide a wind barrier. 2018 was unusual for sure. It was so cold, they closed the hot tubs (which doesn't make sense coming from Washington and Chicago originally).

I know this may sound ridiculous, but does SoG have the WDW today channel? This will be our first time staying there and that's something we would certainly miss if they don't have it.
I just left Saturday morning; I don’t recall ever seeing this channel.

Has anyone ever had this happen with MDE....

We have our SOG reservation linked in MDE. Then today I went in to link our Salute tickets/vouchers in MDE. I was able to get everything linked and assigned with no issue. Once the tickets were linked and I go to look at our “plans” suddenly we have a balance showing ($1,988.16.) Our SOG reservation is only $616, and our vouchers are paid for. The only other thing we have done is a ADR for Be Our Guest. I am guessing this is just a glitch in the system, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has experienced this. I tried to call Disney, but the wait time is super long right now.
Same thing happened to me. I contacted Disney directly, was referred back to SOG, and was informed that, in fact, it is a glitch in the system, and that they are "working on it". My "balance" was around five grand...

Same thing happened to me. I contacted Disney directly, was referred back to SOG, and was informed that, in fact, it is a glitch in the system, and that they are "working on it". My "balance" was around five grand...
Good grief that is some glitch! :scared1: I hope they fix it.

Can anyone tell me if all the rooms at SOG have now been refurbed? Asking because I’d like to stay there again, but the last time (June 2018) they had only done the suites and we got a regular room and the beds were awful!
I just stood in the Palm Wing and my room was refurbished from what it was last June. I wish I had seen this last week, as I would have taken a picture of the schedule for you.

I believe renovations have been completed in the Magnolia wing.

Thinking about booking a short trip at SOG, and have a few questions.

Can anyone confirm if the resort offers room service, and if so does anyone know where I can view a menu?

Are there any pool bars that serve drinks at either of the pools?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter