SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I was able to successfully make park pass reservation for a mid July stay with 6 day military tickets. Two days were already used before the shut down. Hope this helps anyone making park pass with a SOG or military ticket res. As a side note, email I got from SOG said they didn't know if it would qualify. Glad I didn't believe them and tried any way.

I was also able to make our reservations; we have 1 night POFQ and 7 nights at SOG and a 6-day military ticket. I was able to make 6 days of park reservations without problem (well, beside trying to get INTO the system).

So glad to hear SOG was recognized this morning for everyone staying there!
(we may be moving there as well since our resort isn't opening)

Got the three days we wanted in August.

But the system won't recognize the days on my Salute ticket I'm not using for November trip with DD .

Anyone know how to fix the fact that my reservation keeps disappearing from MDE? I link it and a day or so later- gone.

Anyone know how to fix the fact that my reservation keeps disappearing from MDE? I link it and a day or so later- gone.
Sorry to hear, that's so frustrating, I've had that happen a lot. You can keep adding it back in and sometimes it'll stick but Disney IT can "anchor" it (my word, not theirs - but one time an amazing IT CM did something that made it stay and she even gave me a different number to use if it fell off again - but it didn't).

Just curious, did you happen to modify your stay at all after linking it? (My troubles seem to start after I add or subtract a day on my reservation)

In the past (so who knows if it is same now) I've had a MDE for SoG and linked reservation then made FP. My SoG reservation disappeared but my FP's didn't (still more than 30 days out). So I think it's a glitch but I never lost my FP's, so hopefully if you can/did link it and get your park reservations, you should be OK. I'd take screen shots for proof, though.

Yes, no problem. You give your name to the gate guard (or perhaps your Brother's if reservataion in his name) and tell them you are checking in. Then you can leave your bags with bell services and go about your day. You are free to use the amenities while you wait for your Brother to check you in! Enjoy your trip!

You may want to double check as they were not allowing anyone on without the sponsor.

I also just booked a SOG reservation for August. WL isn't opening in August and I just wasn't feeling good about the changes I made yesterday.
Hoping when I link SOG and cancel the other, it doesn't cancel park reservations. Thanks to everyone sharing your experience that a SOG booking was eligible yesterday for park reservations, this helped us feel more confident about our choice.

In the past (so who knows if it is same now) I've had a MDE for SoG and linked reservation then made FP. My SoG reservation disappeared but my FP's didn't (still more than 30 days out). So I think it's a glitch but I never lost my FP's, so hopefully if you can/did link it and get your park reservations, you should be OK. I'd take screen shots for proof, though.
This is great to know, thanks! I was always so paranoid they'd fall off.

I have a question. Our friends are staying at SOG in two weeks and have no clue how to link their reservation to MDE. Is it the same as staying on property and entering a reservation number into MDE? If so, does it show instantly? I suggested that my friend try this, but she said that nothing has shown and it's been 36 hours.

Thanks!

I have a question. Our friends are staying at SOG in two weeks and have no clue how to link their reservation to MDE. Is it the same as staying on property and entering a reservation number into MDE? If so, does it show instantly? I suggested that my friend try this, but she said that nothing has shown and it's been 36 hours.

Thanks!

SOG res do not show immediately. Keep trying. Sometimes it takes 48 hours, sometimes 24. If it goes beyond, 3 days or you aren't wanting to wait (want to book park pass), you can call disney. I've had to call several times because my friends and family list rarely shows up correctly and this will cause a problem when making park pass (and back when FP was a thing). Your friend needs to enter the number from her SOG confirmation email into MDE. It's a long number with SC or SB in it (USUALLY).

Thanks!
I was on hold for 3 hours to get this fixed this morning. We booked for January, my parents did too. Ours showed immediately but my parents wouldn’t. They got it in one second and we had all the reservations done in 5 minutes

SOG res do not show immediately. Keep trying. Sometimes it takes 48 hours, sometimes 24. If it goes beyond, 3 days or you aren't wanting to wait (want to book park pass), you can call disney. I've had to call several times because my friends and family list rarely shows up correctly and this will cause a problem when making park pass (and back when FP was a thing). Your friend needs to enter the number from her SOG confirmation email into MDE. It's a long number with SC or SB in it (USUALLY).

Also - do it on a computer, not the phone app. For some reason it doesn't work with the app.

we have a trip july 2-5th at shades. got a couple restaurants booked after a long phone wait, no plan to hit the parks as we did not purchase tickets and just want to relax. glad DVC has the resort open to go to the stores and quick services at capt cooks is my favorite

Just an FYI for anyone that was booked before July 15th-I just received an email from SOG stating they're closed through July 15th and will be refunding my deposit for my reservation. The text of the email was as follows:

The safety of our guests and staff is our primary concern at AFRC Resorts. Shades of Green will temporarily remain closed through July 14th, 2020 to ensure the health and well-being of service members and their families during the COVID-19 crisis.

You will not need to contact us, we will refund all deposits to the credit card on file for guest with reservations that arrive between July 1st, 2020 and July 14th, 2020. Shades of Green will continue to accept reservations for new arrivals beginning July 15th, 2020. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will make a determination to reopen when it is safe for our guests and staff.

We will continue to support our staff and military community the best we can during this temporary closure. If you have questions regarding your reservation, please email us at reservations@shadesofgreen.org.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Shades of Green in the very near future.

I have a summer reservation also. Seems like every time Shades said something since March about opening, then a little while later Disney came out and said something, as if it was a heads up. Now, yes this is just a difference of July 11-July 15th so just a few days, not much of a shift but enough to change some reservations. I'm about to pull the plug on our trip.

Forgive me if this has been answered before: Do the SOG buses accommodate motorized scooters? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter