SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

It’s been several years (9-ish) since I stayed at SoG so I’m sorry if these are dumb questions. I’m eligible again as a veteran with service-connected disabilities.

1) I booked a room, received a confirmation number, deposit came out of my account- but I never received a confirmation email. Is that normal?
2) I can’t link the reservation in MDE. Does it take some time for that to populate?
3) At registration, the only paperwork I need is my Veteran Health ID card, right?
4) I Can use the AAFES, but can’t buy alcohol there, right?
5) Can I book dining at 60+10?

Whew I think that’s it for now!
1-You should receive a confirmation email. If you still haven’t I would call and have them verify email and resend it.
2-It typically takes 24 hours from making reservation to be able to link it. Computer works best for this not the app or mobile site. If you still can’t link after 48 hours Disney IT can assist.
3-Unsure. We have military ID cards. I would verify this on their website or maybe someone else has this experience and can advise??
4-Without ID you are correct, you can’t purchase alcohol but can use the shop.
5-Yes you can book dining at 60+10.

Also Shades is eligible for Early Entry and Extended Evening hours. They are treated similarly to a Disney deluxe resort. There is a list on the website to check if your dates have evening hours. Have a great stay!

Does anyone know if Shades will be included in the MNSSHP early sale?
Do you usually buy tickets through Shades of Green or through Disney? I'm not sure Disney considers SOG for the early sale. Maybe someone else knows?

If you buy through Shades, I'd send them an email to see when they'll get them. In years past, we've got them after announcements were made. If I remember correctly, they don't sell party tickets right away but could be wrong about that.

Do you usually buy tickets through Shades of Green or through Disney? I'm not sure Disney considers SOG for the early sale. Maybe someone else knows?

If you buy through Shades, I'd send them an email to see when they'll get them. In years past, we've got them after announcements were made. If I remember correctly, they don't sell party tickets right away but could be wrong about that.
I am in a weird spot, because I bought tickets in 2021, had to cancel, then when they opened for 2022 we had reservations at Coronado, so I was good for the early sale. I called and waited on the line for hours, and when I got through, they had to forward me to another department because we already had credit, and I just had to pay the difference.
I’d rather bypass the first line, but I can’t get through for the direct number…AP sales have the lines clogged.

Does anyone know if they closed the walkway to Poly on May 1st as planned?

I know this totally won't happen, but I'm kinda hoping for a 2-month delay, lol. Or better yet, a complete change of plans.

Does anyone know if they closed the walkway to Poly on May 1st as planned?

I know this totally won't happen, but I'm kinda hoping for a 2-month delay, lol. Or better yet, a complete change of plans.
I saw some fb pictures today that looked like construction had started.

Has anyone tried the “build your own soup” at Garden Gallery? What are the bases and proteins? How was it?
Do they have fried wings there?

Steve over at Military Disney Tips published a new post with pics of the barriers now up to close the walkway.

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...opular-monorail-access-for-military-families/

We'll be at SOG in a few weeks. Has anyone stayed since the path closure? I can't seem to find anything about the bus experience, but it doesn't appear they've increased frequency according to Steve's post. I looked at the current bus schedule and don't see anything different for this week either.

I see the sidewalk is now closed so can't walk to TTC or Poly. Anyone know if it's possible to take an Uber still from the lobby by the bell services over to TTC or directly to another resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter