Shannon & Craig's Scottish/Canadian Wedding ~ May 5/08 ~ WPBeach/ADH ~ We're Married!

I was looking at them online tonight and I think they just might work! I'll have to check them out in person when we go down on the 10th.

So I looked in every jewelery store in the mall on the weekend and came up with a couple of options, but nothing exactly like I wanted any cheaper than $400 for the pendant and $400 for the earrings!! Ugh. Buffalo here I come!!

On a positive note, I have been trying to lose a few extra pounds...about fifteen or so total. I have lost 7.5, so I'm halfway there! It's taking longer than expected, but I have also been going to the gym twice a week with a trainer and I am definitely seeing results there, so I think I'm building muscle too which is offsetting the poundage. I should still have time to lose the last little bit...just have to put my head down and focus (and probably downsize the Chai Lattes!! :rolleyes: )

I don't really have anything else new to report. Both my planner and floral are away this week so haven't really got much accomplished. Craig started a new job and now works pretty much opposite hours as me, so I never see him. That should make finalizing all these plans super easy!! :headache: The whole fam is out tonight so I have the whole house to myself. Trying to decide to chill out and watch the Leaf game (who knows, they might be Tampa since they are as bad as us) and my 90210 Season 2 DVDs that I got for Christmas and haven't opened...or to go through all my papers and make a final to do list. I'm thinking a Leaf game and to do list will probably win out. Ugh. I'm excited for the wedding, but really can't wait for this to be over. Is that bad????

Off to do some work...

Everything looks great!!!!! I didn't get to see the pic of your dress :(!!

You and Nikki have the same wedding day,that is so cool!!!

I hope I get to catch a peek at the two of you!!

hello fellow ontarian.... I love your choices... saw your tiara and almost cried... too beautiful... can you tell me where you got it from? I purchased the choker on ebay and would die for the tiara... or maybe that's a little too much bling... oh well... I say buy it and decide later!!! We're getting married in Oct so I still have lots of time...

I originally saw it in the Swarovski store here, but decided it was too much money. By the time I decided I had to have it, I couldn't find it in any Swarovski store in Canada (we even checked the warehouse...zero). After much search, my mom bought it at the Swarovski store in Vegas. I had to pay full price, but in US it was significantly cheaper. Unfortunately, I bought it a couple of years ago and I think they've discontinued it now.

I originally saw it in the Swarovski store here, but decided it was too much money. By the time I decided I had to have it, I couldn't find it in any Swarovski store in Canada (we even checked the warehouse...zero). After much search, my mom bought it at the Swarovski store in Vegas. I had to pay full price, but in US it was significantly cheaper. Unfortunately, I bought it a couple of years ago and I think they've discontinued it now.

thanks for the info!!! I'll keep on the look out......the swarvoski store in Vegas rocks!

Haven't posted in here in a while...so busy at work and not much new to report. We went in to see about having our rings made and got the estimate back...only about $1000 more than we wanted!!! Ugh. They told me that the diamond in my engagement ring has a crack in it, so I might want to replace it, so that helped up the cost. Looking around to see if we can find anywhere else to make them a little cheaper.

Jewelry Update! Went to Buffalo last weekend and was able to find a necklace and earrings at Kohl's! Thank you Sunsh1ine! Not sure if I'm keeping the earrings as I saw a pair here that actually match better. Haven't taken a picture of the necklace, but these are the earrings. The middle of the necklace dangles rather than being stationary. The earrings are lab created white sapphires and the necklace is lab created diamond.

WhiteSapphireEarrings.jpg

I also bought a pair of shoes to wear at the reception. I wanted something fun, possibly blue, but that I could wear again. I found these in the kids section of the Sketchers Outlet and loved them. $30!

Sketchers.jpg

Also bought a veil this week. It has clear crystal tube type beads along the edge and has a drop one every so often. I'm thinking of adding a few swarovski crystal mickeys...but we'll see.

All I need now are a really nice pair of shoes to wear for photos (since I don't think I can wear them on the sand!)...oh, yeah...AND A DRESS!!!!! Yep, still no dress. It is apparently on the boat on the way over (yeah for progress) and then will be shipped to Maggie and then to my bridal store. I should have it in about three weeks!! :eek: But they assure me that they can do my alterations in just a couple of days...and a decent job, not a quick one.

Our RSVP deadline was yesterday and there are still a whole bunch outstanding, but it looks like its going to be 75, which is a good number. We have a bunch of people who haven't RSVPed but who have booked rooms. :upsidedow

Still waiting on Laura for my latest floral estimate, so we can decide what to leave in and what to take out.

Still have lots to do and slowly running out of time to do it!!!

Well so far everything seems perfect! Very excited for the dresses! And I am beyond getting excited to see the whole thing come together! We go Masons passport in the mail today so were set!

I must let everyone know if they haven't figured it out yet, These two are meant for eachother! When Shannon can't reach something on the top shelf, Craig can! and when the remote falls under the couch Shannon is close enough to the ground to get it! But in all honesty I spent many days at the Canadian pavillion with Shannon where she would trade anyone positions to be on the prominade, (even when it was too hot and sticky for comfort) just to see Craig walk past on his way for lunch! Thats a girl in love!

Hugs for miles! xxx

Well so far everything seems perfect! Very excited for the dresses! And I am beyond getting excited to see the whole thing come together! We go Masons passport in the mail today so were set!

I must let everyone know if they haven't figured it out yet, These two are meant for eachother! When Shannon can't reach something on the top shelf, Craig can! and when the remote falls under the couch Shannon is close enough to the ground to get it! But in all honesty I spent many days at the Canadian pavillion with Shannon where she would trade anyone positions to be on the prominade, (even when it was too hot and sticky for comfort) just to see Craig walk past on his way for lunch! Thats a girl in love!

Hugs for miles! xxx

Ha! Oh, Brandy, you are a funny girl. Nice to see you finally found us. Once you get a few more posts be sure to put up your shoes and one of my fav little flower boy!! I will keep you updated on the status of of Mason's wedding outfit...as well as yours and mine too!

So I am spending this week in thrilling health and safety training at the stadium I work at. Made myself a very long wedding to-do list today...but then left it at work. Must get going on it ASAP! I think I'll start to work on the info for the newsletter during class tomorrow. I will also come up with a list for each of my girls to help me out. Maybe I'll also try to write a wish list for our registry. Life would be so much easier if people would just give gift cards!!! We don't move into our condo until a month and a half after the wedding and since we bought it from plans we're not entirely sure what we're getting...which makes it hard to try and buy stuff! Grrrr...anyways. That's all for now. Still waiting on my floral update....

Thanks! I think I might still be looking for something that is a little more substantial on the top. They are a little skinny at the top and then big at the bottom...but not bad.

As for the beach...we will be using the regular white plastic chairs and having the aisles marked with tiki torches. We have a sand ceremony table at the front. We had been thinking of having a tropical arrangement with palm leaves and flowers, but I'm not really a fan of the pic that Laura sent me. So we might just have the sand set, a little scottish and canadian flag, and a couple pots of heather or thistle or something. I would really like to have a pink flamingo lawn near the top of the aisles!!! Just so people laugh as soon as they get there!

Shannon!
My fellow Ontarian...You story reminds me so much of ours! Fellow cast members who fell in love!!!! OMG we are getting married 4 days before you! May 1st and we are all staying at Beach Club right across from you! I love all of your choices so far! I love the invites I see you went with Stephita as well! They did our invitations and were AMAZING!!!!!! Rita is great to work with...We also chose Rev Miller as he performed my parents vow renewal and is SUCH a lovely man! You are going to look great! I started laughing so hard when I saw the pic of the two of you with your fiance on skates! I have the same one at ACC with my Colombian fiance. See what happens with those international programs! DREAMS DO COME TRUE!
You will look amazing
Good Luck!

I just read through your PJ! Everything sounds so great. You and your DF have a great story. Good luck with the last few weeks of planning!

So, we are going to get our rings made tomorrow. They are a significant amount more than we wanted, but we both really like them and mine will be really sparkly which excites me. I'm having it made as a jacket for my engagement ring (will go on both sides...kind of u shaped) and will have a celtic pattern engraved on it to match the pattern on Craig's ring. Both will be 18K white gold. They are going to redip my ering and size it as well. Really excited to see how it turns out as I've only seen some sketches...not excited to see the bill. Oh well.

Went back to Buffalo last weekend and my mom bought two fantastic pairs of shoes...scratch that...she bought four...claims to be taking one pair back. I will have to post a pic of them because I'm in love with the one pair. Should also take a pic of my ceremony shoes. Buying different earrings as the ones I had were kind of heavy and pulled on my ears.

I had planned to go to the mall tomorrow and look into a makeup trial, but now Craig is off so that plan is out the window! So much to do and not sure where to start. WILL BOOK SUV LIMO TOMORROW!!!! WILL FINALIZE VIDEO PLANS TOMORROW!!!!! Ugh...I hope.

Off to do some work.

Well I say get on all that stuff because there is not alot of time left!( thats my "motherly" talk to you!!) You will feel more relaxed when things are getting checked off your list! That is advice for all you brides!

I must say on a happy note I love the flowers and centre pieces they are beautiful! So I am currently starting to pack for my moving day! Are there any other requests that you may have for your wedding day other than the vodka slush? I have the reciepe packed and will be making it as soon as I arrive!

WoooSaaaa everything is going to be perfect!!! I know it

Well I say get on all that stuff because there is not alot of time left!( thats my "motherly" talk to you!!) You will feel more relaxed when things are getting checked off your list! That is advice for all you brides!

I must say on a happy note I love the flowers and centre pieces they are beautiful! So I am currently starting to pack for my moving day! Are there any other requests that you may have for your wedding day other than the vodka slush? I have the reciepe packed and will be making it as soon as I arrive!

WoooSaaaa everything is going to be perfect!!! I know it
Yes, I have a request...do you think we can make slush without vodka...maybe my beloved Peach Schnapps??? Think about this one please.

Progress made today...

We were both off today and determined to make some progress...too bad we decided to sleep forever and didn't even leave the house until 1:30pm!! Dropped my ering off at the jewellers that are making our bands (yeah!) and left a deposit (boo!). Then we went over to the mall and registered. The lady gave us attitude cause we didn't have an appointment (she wasn't doing ANYTHING) and that the wedding is so soon (thanks for the reminder). We really didn't want to register as we don't really want people to buy us anything, but we got a lot of flack for that so we went a did it. We were there forever and made a lot of random selections. When you look at the list it looks like we have really expensive taste, but almost everything we picked was onsale...prime example $750 Jamie Oliver pots and pans were 55% and a better deal than the cheaper sets. We don't have posh tastes, but we are definitely value seekers! That took us all day so we didn't get much else accomplished.

Got more RSVPs today...glad the date was March 14th!!! We have only had one surprise as his Aunt and Uncle have decided to come and we found that out today. It looks like our final number will be 77, which is a good number in our books. I have been working on the table plan and thought I had it all set, but now I have to do some rearranging. Should still be okay.

Heading off to Craig's hockey game and will be taking the latest floral proposal with me to go over. Promise to take some pics to post soon too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter